1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Going back into Powerlifting (again!!!)

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by johnpol, Apr 27, 2018.

1. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have had a few weeks off from any training as I am trying to rehab my hip. Have just started back with a light bench 90kg 3x4 and a few accessory exercises and the hip hurts, then trained deadlift and worked upto 160kg 2x2 and the hip hurts a lot. I don't think I'm going to compete for the rest of the year until I get this hip sorted out and then may just do single lifts. I don't know what to do at the moment

2. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

well I have done it again!! I have entered another British Championships Qualifier in September for next years Championships!! I must be mad. I have entered in single lift categories Bench Press and Deadlift, as my hip is still bothering me so much I can't squat so single lifts it is. I have devised a training programme which will hopefully get me the qualifying totals for both British and European Championships. Wish me luck! 11 weeks till show time!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook