Going It Alone

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would you guys be happy if as Michael Moseley said he believes for general health we should eat a modified Mediterranean diet?
D.
I don't really care what Michael Moseley believes as it seems to change from one month to the next depending on whatever he is suggesting in his latest book.
How would you define a "modified Mediterranean diet" that may be more informative.. but I don't really see what that has to do with "Going it alone"

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
In an ideal world a tailored approach would be better imo choosing from a range and then changing or modifying. But this is not about dietary choices this is about education and attitudes.

lindisfel

Expert
For your information if you have issues with potassium some keto sites recommend supplementing with cream of tartar.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I don't really care what Michael Moseley believes as it seems to change from one month to the next depending on whatever he is suggesting in his latest book.
How would you define a "modified Mediterranean diet" that may be more informative.. but I don't really see what that has to do with "Going it alone"
Well choosing your own diet is definitely going it alone. My diet is my business because it is modified for my particular health situation.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
A word to the wise.

I wouldn't treat HCP's in an aggressive and harranging manner. You may find yourself taken off their list and having to find another practice.
It may be your HCPs are super tolerant and have the behaviour of saints.

In this politically correct world it is sad to see how attacks on HCPs have increased.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A word to the wise.

I wouldn't treat HCP's in an aggressive and harranging manner. You may find yourself taken off their list and having to find another practice.

In this politically correct world it is sad to see how attacks on HCPs have increased.
Has anyone said that they have done this on this thread? o_O

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A word to the wise.

On this forum, I express my personal views and opinion, based on my experiences.

I have not, and never will be rude, aggressive, or harangue someone as a matter of course. Especially the ground troops who are doing their job, the way they have been taught. And that includes shop assistants, call centre staff etc etc. Even when they themselves are rude and aggressive (as has happened with one DN) I still remained firm but polite. This is not cowardice, its manners.

I will, however, express my anger, frustration and despair on here and in private, in general, at the state of some medical services i encounter.

I have not witnesses any aggressive or haranguing behaviour on here and would hope that, if it happened, the mods would step in to deal with it.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol do you mean super tolerant of this fat woman who just refuses to lose weight no matter how many times they tell her to do so!?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Note to self: Must remember where I left those notes I made on Forelock tugging.....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A word to the wise.

Well if that where to happen I suppose I would have no choice but to go it alone.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what political correctness has to do with expecting a decent level of service from a "Health Care Professional" though?
Some are downright dangerous.. I wonder how many people in the UK die because of mis-prescription of drugs, in the US its the third biggest killer apparently... Rather than just admit they don't know what it is and do some investigating they seem only too happy to reach for the prescription pad and send you on your way.. If that is what the NHS has achieved after 70 years I am very fearful for the future.

lindisfel

Expert
Not sure what political correctness has to do with expecting a decent level of service from a "Health Care Professional" though?
Some are downright dangerous.. I wonder how many people in the UK die because of mis-prescription of drugs, in the US its the third biggest killer apparently... Rather than just admit they don't know what it is and do some investigating they seem only too happy to reach for the prescription pad and send you on your way.. If that is what the NHS has achieved after 70 years I am very fearful for the future.
Well you do have the money and possibly contract to see a Bupa type GP who spends an hour with private patients.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can't imagine you ever approaching that level of agressiveness.

If this is your only response to be polite its up to you, I treat HCPs as equals I have never fawned on anyone.

Which is exactly my point. HCPs and anyone else you care to think of are my equals! I give respect where it is due and to where it is deserved. Age, status, it is all the same. You inferred that that these saints must be treated as such because to do otherwise may incur punishment. All I can assume from this inference is that this is down to a generational shift. Gone are the days when a doctor's word is taken as law. And this, I might add, is nothing to do with pc and everything to do with progression.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Lucy
GPs take ten years to train and many more years to get the experience but I really feel any G.Ps on this site should respond to your post.
D.
Ive been on the site long enough to have seen how GP’s and other HCPs who declare their profession are sometimes treated by members and am not remotely surprised that few do so.
I remember David Unwin ( aka Stockport GP) being accused of being a troll and / or a fraud by some members when he first started posting on the site

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember David Unwin ( aka Stockport GP) being accused of being a troll and / or a fraud by some members when he first started posting on the site
Which is a tale he relates often... usually when thanking the site and members for showing him the way...