Good night

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitbyJet

That's right pebbles its good to let off steam and have a good rant, well done.
Sending you a big hug, I think you could do with a few of those, your frustration is palpable.

Grazer

Paul1976 said:
mod edit personal attacks are not tolerated

Both your posts on this thread are a tad confusing since, as I pointed out on another thread, you stated on diabetesABC, that you had left this rubbish forum and asked Benedict to take down your profile, BEFORE you made these posts. Was I mistaken then? Did someone use your name maliciously on ABC? Or perhaps you changed your mind AGAIN. It would be helpful if we knew, because there's no point us wasting our time replying to you or trying to help you if you've really left.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Grazer said:
Paul1976 said:

Both your posts on this thread are a tad confusing since, as I pointed out on another thread, you stated on diabetesABC, that you had left this rubbish forum and asked Benedict to take down your profile, BEFORE you made these posts. Was I mistaken then? Did someone use your name maliciously on ABC? Or perhaps you changed your mind AGAIN. It would be helpful if we knew, because there's no point us wasting our time replying to you or trying to help you if you've really left.

Give it a rest Grazer, we've all moved on from that. Keep up :roll:

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find all this too confusing :?

Can't we all just go back to the way it was-a nice, friendly, helpful forum full of lovely, kind people.
Or should I just take my rose tinted glasses off.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sid Bonkers said:

Agreed, there's been enough animosity on the forum of late and time to move forward.

Grazer

noblehead said:
Sid Bonkers said:

Agreed, there's been enough animosity on the forum of late and time to move forward.

No animosity needed at all. I simply think it's reasonable to find out if Paul HAS left, as he said so vehemently and with a lot of spite, or not. If he's decided to stay, that's fine. At least we'll know where we are and we can move on as you say.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
How could it possibly affect you either way, it is entirely a mater for Paul1976 when and where he chooses to post. Just as it is entirely your prerogative to post where ever you choose.

Grazer

Sid Bonkers said:
How could it possibly affect you either way, it is entirely a mater for Paul1976 when and where he chooses to post. Just as it is entirely your prerogative to post where ever you choose.

Isn't that what I've done? Posted where I chose? Although Paul's post on this thread was deleted because it was a personal attack, so you think that's his prerogative and OK? Myself, I think it's wrong to leave the forum (apparently) and then post anyway just to attack someone.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Oh give it a rest the pair of you. :roll:

louiseb

Ok thats enough, Im sick of the petty squables on here can we not all just act like adults?

The last few days this forum has errupted into non stop confrontation, and im telling everyone once again this wont be tolerated.
Can we not just get back on track here and return to debating without personal attacks, helping and supporting each other.

I will leave the thread open for the moment but anymore sqaubles and this thread will be locked also.

shop

Hiya

I personaly have found people on here to be helpful and supportive. OK there are also the moans rants etc.........But hey dont we all have a moan now and again and I am certainly not perfect. I do try to help myself and see the positive otherwise life would be very sad! I think that how you cope with things and they way you deal with difficult situations depends on your personality and life experiences. For example Mums may not feel as fed up as a single person coz they simply dont have the luxury of being able to dwell on things and have to get on with it as its not just about them anymore. Lets be honest when you are single and not responsible for anyone else who else is there to think about but yourself. That however does not mean that anyone else single married with kids or whatever doesnt have the right to have their worries taken seriously as there problems are no less valid than anyone else. Also what lfe has thrown at you may make you more accepting and adaptable. The people around you may have an impact too. We dont all have families and friends who are there to listen and support and a friendly post on here could mean the world to someone! We all get frustrated at people who dont help themselves but at the end of the day we are all only human. Hearing someone else voice a worry or feeling you have been bottling up can make a world of difference too...... :)

jopar

Sory to see you go peebles but I can empathise why!

You right in so many ways...

I've never expected anybody to feel sorry for me, nor have I demanded that society as a whole has to understand my condition nor do I try to lay the blame on somebody's else's door step..

Perhaps my attitude comes from when I was diagnosed you just had to get on with it all, as support really wasn't that easily available... So that there wasn't any heading of to the internet to have all your sorrow compounded and extended by others...

Some of the comments made to Peebles OP, actually underpins what does happen on this forum...

If you'll not full of doom and gloom, willing to promote a extreme restriction of carbs or support the theory that our HPC's are killing us with the wrong advice and it's all their fault and not our own! You just ain't welcome on the forum and any information you can give is totally and utterly useless...

It's strange to be attacked and accusations made that I am a poorly controlled diabetic as I use a insulin pump and use far too much medication and riddled with complications...

When I've been diabetic for 23 years, don't have any complications the only medication I take is insulin of which I use on average 18 units a day in total... Yet I eat a normal healthy diet control wise a HbA1c of 5.7% (tested last week) 4 mild hypo's (3.7's) last month so tight control... Oh yes the pump, is needed as I suffer from Dawn p and Evening p, which injecting background insulin twice a day couldn't resolve, also I'm pretty sensitive to insulin and 1 unit of insulin will drop my BG by 7mmol/l so using a standard insulin pen or syringe that min dose is 1 unit or if you'll extremely lucky it does a 0.5 isn't practical...

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Jopar posted:

If you'll not full of doom and gloom, willing to promote a extreme restriction of carbs or support the theory that our HPC's are killing us with the wrong advice and it's all their fault and not our own! You just ain't welcome on the forum and any information you can give is totally and utterly useless...

:?: :?: :?: :?

That doesn't match my experience.

Viv 8)

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Grazer said:
Paul1976 said:

I don't know anymore,I don't have any excuses,I'm all in,I'm weak,I can't cope,I can't undo anything now,I don't know who i am or what I am anymore,too many things are happening at once and I can't see any way out of this whole nightmare anymore,I'm jealous of your success,I've done to much damage now

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I have never needed to seek advice for my diabetes as posts here already educated me. But I have found an invalueable friend helping me loads with a bombshell dropped on me at the weekend. So to me the forum has been nothing but positive.

Unbeliever

IThese places are not perfect because we are n tperfect. You just have to take what you can from them . We are all probably strangers to each other and its all a little oe-dimesional .
I am sorry Jopar feels so upset. I have often found her posts very helpful. If she was atacked i some way I must have missed it ad dot uderstad it! Maybe she was takig a geeralisatio persoally?

As for Paul, I do;t thik he really meat ay harm. of course he ca post where he pleases but he cat expect people to appreciate
egative commets he makes aout them elsewhere . I would advise him to igore threads i which he is ot iterested .
I exercise quite a bit but rarelty read the sportd forum.1

It takes a while to fid your way aroud as well as to get your head arodit all. The whole site caot just be for the ewly diagosed all the ime. or for hose oly iterested i their ow reatmet.
Most of us probably started by only reading a few of the most relevat forums ad the graduated to someof the others..

We all have differet iterests.
take all in all this place probably does a lot of good -carrying on the best of the previous regime i many ways,
Times have changed here now.
Some good can come out of the recent unpleasantness. It clears the air and brings out how some hithero silent people have been thinking and what their concerns are.
faults on both sides maybe? Some very intelligent people here maybe unaccustomed to some of us less articulate and up to speed with the buzz words etc?
Poor old things like me battling with the mind-alterig drugs give to me by our caring NHS?

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Jopar said:

Well perhaps you'd like to post some usefull information.

I just think I've just posted quite a lot and none of it extreme or negative just links to some modern research that I read.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28402

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
jopar said:

This is simply untrue. Show me an example of anyone being made not welcome because of their diet choice. Indeed, show me an example of anyone being told that there is a single dietry approach to dealing with diabetes.

Nobody is promoting an extreme restriction of carbs above or beyond any other type of diet. Please stop perpetuating this myth.

Most of us bend over backwards to provide a balanced opinion of the options open to newly diagnosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.