Got to tell you

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had my blood test results, 2 and a half months after diagnosis, dropped from 55 to 42 and lost 19 kilos, purely on reduced carbs and exercise. Doctor and Diabetes nurse absolutely chuffed to bits and DN doing lots of research on low carbs to advise others. Thank you all for advice and support

M

Member496333

Great stuff. Well done!

I guess it’s a sign of just how rare this still this, when HCPs continue to be shocked at the turnarounds. I guess the patients just have to keep educating them all :)

Reactions: Numan

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Just had my blood test results, 2 and a half months after diagnosis, dropped from 55 to 42 and lost 19 kilos, purely on reduced carbs and exercise. Doctor and Diabetes nurse absolutely chuffed to bits and DN doing lots of research on low carbs to advise others. Thank you all for advice and support

19 kilos in 2.5 months? Good effort

Reactions: Guna108 and Numan

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fabulous job, well done!

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Super result, both A1c and weight loss. Keep on keeping on!
Fantastic that your HCPs are on board.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Well done.

My lot considered the 47 a spurious number. They went from interested to disbelieving.
Your lucky you have a good hcp. I have to word my responses carefully to avoid the eat well plate.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic results! Very well done!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Numan
Brilliant HbA1c results and fantastic weight loss.. well done to you indeed for taking control..

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Huge well done from me, Numan.

You may or may not know, this site has an App on the NHS website forr the Low Carb programme (LCP). The LCP is a 12 week structurreed education programme on low carb eating, for those with T2, prrediabetes and those who are experiencing obesity. It can actually be prescrribed these days, although that aspect is fairly recent.

Anyway, anyway, the crux of the matter is there is also a Health Care Professionals (HCP) area, to support HCPs who would like to support their patients adopting this way of eating. The LCP can be found here: https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/

upload_2019-4-13_16-34-35.png

If your Diabetes Nurse is doing her reseacrh, signing up there could be worthwhile.

There is also a module on the Royal College of General Practitioners website to bring GPs and other medical support staff up to the starrting point for lower carb eating. All they need forr that one is their NHS emil address. That can be found, in the learning portfolio arrea, here: http://elearning.rcgp.org.uk/course/search.php?search=type+2+diabetes

Then scroll down to this:

upload_2019-4-13_16-38-8.png

They even earn continuous professional development point for doing that module. Win:win!

Any issues, they could always email [email protected] and they'll be referred to the correct people.

Again, big well done from me. You've done incredibly well in a short time.

JohnyT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other

19kgs in 2.5months, awesome. Its like almost 250-300gms per day
What was your weight when you started.

I am more worried about, if this will give a shock to body as such a rapid loss, will make body go into starvation mode, which would mean liver hard to convert available energy to store as fat.

None the less do share your diet plan to understand what triggered such a fast loss.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is no need to be concerned about problems associated with methods of losing weight which don't actually work.
Low carb is not starvation because we eat meat and fat, the two essential food groups and cut out carbs, which are the source of body fat in the first place.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
19kgs in 2.5months, awesome. Its like almost 250-300gms per day
What was your weight when you started.

I am more worried about, if this will give a shock to body as such a rapid loss, will make body go into starvation mode, which would mean liver hard to convert available energy to store as fat.

None the less do share your diet plan to understand what triggered such a fast loss.
You usually go into starvation mode when you are actually, literally, starving. As in, not getting sufficient calories. With low carb/high fat you get plenty of those, you just cut carbs. The fats you add into your diet make sure you don't end up in starvation mode, or anywhere near Scurvy and the like. :)