Have You Watched Ted Naiman's New Presentation, "too Much Protein Is Better Than Too Little" Yet?

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker, I don't think fiber is non-essential. He's only telling part of the story. What he's doing is similar to the advise we receive to eat a low sodium diet when only 5% of the population are sensitive to sodium and current research clearly shows that a low sodium diet is not advised for most of us.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker, I don't think fiber is non-essential. He's only telling part of the story. What he's doing is similar to the advise we receive to eat a low sodium diet when only 5% of the population are sensitive to sodium and current research clearly shows that a low sodium diet is not advised for most of us.
I have found out recently that it seems to be non essential for me.. and the people who reported no more constipation after ceasing fibre intake obviously found the same. As I said in the other post with this video if carbs are non-essential (which is pretty much a given in LCHF circles) then surely fibre which is just indigestible carbs should also be looked at as non-essential for most if not all of us.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker, I don't know. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not.

Should I go no carb for awhile? If I did, would it have to be permanent? Other questions are why is it some diabetics can eat low fat, high (healthy) carb and reverse their insulin resistance?

Also, what are the benefits and consequences of eliminating plant foods from the diet? I agree constipation is bad for health, and the LCHF would certainly be constipating for me if I didn't take a magnesium supplement.

Perhaps if I knew where my people originated I'd have a better idea of what I should be eating. All I know is that I feel best when eating LCHF with carbohydrates in the 50 g - 60 g range. Unlike you, if I don't eat nuts, vegetables, fruits, and berries, I crave them. While at the same time, limiting grains and legumes is easy. That said, I could never eat a vegetarian diet because I crave animal protein and fat too.

I'm now at the age where my peers are beginning to get cancer. A big question I have is...if we eliminate all carbohydrates and their fiber from the diet, how do we get the protective phytonutrients, and how do we get the fiber needed to absorb and move toxins out of the body?

Again, I have more questions than answers. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Reactions: zand

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker, I don't know. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not.

Should I go no carb for awhile? If I did, would it have to be permanent? Other questions are why is it some diabetics can eat low fat, high (healthy) carb and reverse their insulin resistance?

Also, what are the benefits and consequences of eliminating plant foods from the diet? I agree constipation is bad for health, and the LCHF would certainly be constipating for me if I didn't take a magnesium supplement.

Perhaps if I knew where my people originated I'd have a better idea of what I should be eating. All I know is that I feel best when eating LCHF with carbohydrates in the 50 g - 60 g range. Unlike you, if I don't eat nuts, vegetables, fruits, and berries, I crave them. While at the same time, limiting grains and legumes is easy. That said, I could never eat a vegetarian diet because I crave animal protein and fat too.

I'm now at the age where my peers are beginning to get cancer. A big question I have is...if we eliminate all carbohydrates and their fiber from the diet, how do we get the protective phytonutrients, and how do we get the fiber needed to absorb and move toxins out of the body?

Again, I have more questions than answers. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Hi Winnie,

These are all questions that everyone asks when considering going carnivore for a while. The answers are all covered on the various zero carb websites such as Zero Carb Zen. Googling will find a growing swathe of info. However, the ZC numbers are all comparatively small, and studies are very hard to find - I mean, who is interested in researching a way of eating that is unappealing to the vast majority? No money in it. No sponsorship.

My own experience is that cutting veg has reduced inflammation and joint discomfort to almost nothing (which is marvellous) and improved digestion. As for nutrition, I think that is better too. I suspect the veg was causing chronic mild gut inflammation and intestinal wall damage. Now it is gone, I am taking fewer supplements with better absorption. I have started again with the digestive enzymes though, since the larger meat portions sometimes sit heavy for an hour or two.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneria, thank you. Interesting. I'm going to be away from the forum for a day or two, but will take some time this weekend to learn more. My first thought is, why? While I do have inflammatory bowel disease, which is genetic, I think, I'm in remission 99% of the time. I don't have any gastrointestinal issues, but I only eat organic, non-GMO foods, and I avoid industrial seed oils, especially corn, soybean, and cottonseed. I think something's wrong.

Last edited:

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on my lunch break. I thought glyphosate wasn't used in the UK. I was wrong.

My question is... are the problems you all are having from eating plant foods due to the pesticides and herbicides used on crops, in particular, glyphosate (active ingredient in RoundUp)?

I'm still looking around but here's a list of health conditions linked to glyphosate. (In the US, measurable amounts of glyphosate is found in our rain). :(

https://www.ecowatch.com/15-health-problems-linked-to-monsantos-roundup-1882002128.html

Last edited:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on my lunch break. I thought glyphosate wasn't used in the UK. I was wrong.

My question is... are the problems you all are having from eating plant foods due to the food or pesticides and herbicides used on crops, in particular, glyphosate (active ingredient in RoundUp)?

I'm still looking around but here's a list of health conditions linked to glyphosate (in the US, measurable amounts of glyphosate is found in our rain. :(

https://www.ecowatch.com/15-health-problems-linked-to-monsantos-roundup-1882002128.html
I think you might be on to something here. Between the roundup and the number of listeria etc outbreaks lately, seems like veggies and even grains/legumes (drenching in glyphosate prior to harvesting seems to be common practice) may be becoming even more problematic. The bacteria just continue to evolve...

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Winnie53 @Brunneria - Think you will both be interested in this article - Dog food with legumes tied to pet heart disease: U.S. Food and Drug Administration:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...se-u-s-food-drug-administration/#.W0k9bMJ9jIU

And just to connect the dots, from Dr Ann Childers talk on human digestion - comparing stomachs:

DiBBK6EUcAEVfN8.jpg

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Indy51 our last two cats lived only 6 years. It was the food. It was so upsetting at the time, I've chosen to not have pets anymore. Now that I know what the problem is, perhaps, if I can find good food, perhaps I'll have pets again. Where is the talk by Dr. Childer's? I don't think I've seen it yet.

Here's another link on glyphosate that mentions Scotland, Germany, and the UK. It's by a well respected blogger here in the US... https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/pre-harvest-roundup-crops-not-just-wheat/

Interestingly, while I eat pecans, almonds and walnuts. I mostly eat pecans, which it appears is not treated with Roundup. Costco now sells organic almonds, but couldn't find them the last time I was in their store. Now that I know RoundUp is used on almond and walnut crops I'm going to look for organic.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where is the talk by Dr. Childer's?
It's the video you linked to in your post #44 above. "Stone Age Body, Space Age Mind". She started life as a dog trainer, so uses their diets in her talk.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, thanks Indy51. Crazy busy week. Want to watch it later this weekend. Here's the link again since it's back a page...

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria and @Indy51 I had some time today so watched the Childer's presentation above and one other one. I also spent some time on the Zero Carb Zen website after googling it.

Now I understand the graphic you posted Indy51. Thanks. It's really interesting how similar we are to carnivores.

Brunerria, I read through a number of the interviews with people who have been eating zero carb for one or more years. Interesting. It's clear that they are much healthier now.

When I first began learning about diet, I listened to a lecture by Nicholas Gonzalez, M.D. on YouTube - (which was taken down after his sudden and unexpected death, and sadly is no longer available). In that lecture he explained that he used 11 different diets, I think it was 11, and how they varied: raw or cooked, animal or plant, or somewhere in between. What diet worked for his patients varied greatly.

That's why, when I started my diabetes group I was committed to supporting our members in finding the diet that works best for them (based on their results over time). At one point, we had one member who primarily ate animal protein and fat, but was not healthy, so to date, I don't have any personal experience with this diet.

Good to know there are resources out there for those who seek it. I appreciate you sharing this information with us. Thank you.

Reactions: Brunneria

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For those who continue to struggle with health issues after cleaning up their diet, you might be interested in learning more about GMOs and RoundUp. (Glyphosate is mentioned a lot. It's the active ingredient in RoundUp).

Jeffery Smith is hosting a series that begins Tuesday, July 17th, at 9 a.m. Pacific Standard time. In the UK, I think it will start at 5 p.m. but not sure.

To learn more or to register to watch this free series, "Healing From GMOs and RoundUp", go here - (there you'll also be able to review the list of presenters and topics prior to registering; two interviews will be available for viewing each 24 hours)... www.healingfromgmos.com

Last edited:
Reactions: zand