HbA1c 5.8%

israr

Hi all,
I did another test after 3 months. Today my result is 5.8 %. Three months ago it was 5.6%
Is that mean I am getting worse? My doctor said nothing to worry and i have good control over diabetes without any medicine. But i am still worry. From 5.6 to 5.8 getting higher. Please advice.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
israr said:
Hi all,
I did another test after 3 months. Today my result is 5.8 %. Three months ago it was 5.6%
Is that mean I am getting worse? My doctor said nothing to worry and i have good control over diabetes without any medicine. But i am still worry. From 5.6 to 5.8 getting higher. Please advice.

I wouldn't worry about it, a score of 5.8% is excellent. All tests have some degree of built in experimental error, this could be what you are seeing here. Even if it isn't, HbA1c is only a rough indicator of control, there could be all sort of physiological reasons why it might have increased a small amount.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Looks fine to me, everyone's fluctuates and 0.2 is nothing to worry about! :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
That's a very good result. It's in the 5% club as people call it. Mine just went up from 5.3 to 5.5 and my endo was pleased with me. It doesn't mean that you are getting worse at all. Your next one could well be lower. :)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Those were exactly my readings! I just assumed natural variance in testing-by the way I'm still healthy and winning badminton matches at 5.8 so it's nothing to be worried about!