Hba1c was 91 now 47

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got my results for my second test and my hands are shaking - I didn't know if I should laugh or cry - so I did both.
Hba1c 47
fasting blood glucose 6.4 mmol/l
Cholesterol 5.7
HDL 1.42
LDL 3.4
Triglyceride 2

That is in 80 days of eating low carb.

Reactions: marathonmona

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Fabulous result on your HbA1c @Resurgam all your hard work has paid off. Very well done

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's just part of the shock - I wasn't trying.

Yes - if someone had said that to drop below 48 you'll have to eat frogspawn for six months (sorry frogs) I might have struggled somewhat, but I have gone back to Atkins foods and I just flourish like the green bay tree on such things - sorry I think I'm rather hysterical at the moment, maybe extatic.
I thought perhaps in a year, maybe, I'd be seeing low numbers, maybe in the 50s - but 80 days to reach 47?
I think a pot of mint and liquorice tea might be required.

Reactions: Liam1955

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
So sorry, for diabetes that is, doesn't stand a chance against you. Very well done and we look forward to the next 80 days.

Reactions: Liam1955

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Brilliant job, you thoroughly deserve your success.

Hotpepper20000

That's just part of the shock - I wasn't trying.

Yes - if someone had said that to drop below 48 you'll have to eat frogspawn for six months (sorry frogs) I might have struggled somewhat, but I have gone back to Atkins foods and I just flourish like the green bay tree on such things - sorry I think I'm rather hysterical at the moment, maybe extatic.
I thought perhaps in a year, maybe, I'd be seeing low numbers, maybe in the 50s - but 80 days to reach 47?
I think a pot of mint and liquorice tea might be required.
Congratulations. Well done!!!!

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Congratulations fabulous news you have worked hard for this so enjoy.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations and well done indeed. You now got a great incentive to keep at it - there's nothing like a bit of postive reinforcement.

Should get my 3rd HbA1c results in a couple of days and I'll be well pleased if they are nearly as good as yours!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Congratulations! That sort of result is a huge encouragement. I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago with an HbA1c of 104. I started on low carb and metformin and got to 78 in 2 months. At 4 months my HbA1c was 36 and it has remained at that level since then. Stay positive. Hopefully Diabetes 2 does have to be a progressive condition.