Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dear friends,
I was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 8 (12 years ago). I know it was for sure type 1 Diabetes with no mercy. I was on over 30 units of long-acting Lantus and probably another 30 or so units of short acting, and had a "dawn phenomenon" that shot my blood sugars very high every morning before I woke up. Then, I saw that Jesus died not only to save us from our sins, but also to heal our bodies. I know this is true, as 1: I know God cannot lie and 2: many people I know have been healed of many diseases; stage 4 cancer, brain tumors, severe anemia, allergies and lactose intolerance to name a few :) Since claiming my own healing, I started having what the professionals termed "weird lows" after eating or in the morning when I used to have sky-rocketing blood sugars. Things went unpredictable and opposite of what my nurse educator would expect to see in a T1D. Currently my regular doses have dropped to 9.5 units of Lantus and when doing good I can skip meal boluses and don't need background insulin either!
I expect to be off of insulin soon, under the supervision of medical professionals. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!
I wanted to share my story with you because I have a special place in my heart for you, knowing full well the trial of Diabetes. The doctors can give us amazing medicine and technology, but I am a witness that there is a higher power, a higher hope. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear friends,
I was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 8 (12 years ago). I know it was for sure type 1 Diabetes with no mercy. I was on over 30 units of long-acting Lantus and probably another 30 or so units of short acting, and had a "dawn phenomenon" that shot my blood sugars very high every morning before I woke up. Then, I saw that Jesus died not only to save us from our sins, but also to heal our bodies. I know this is true, as 1: I know God cannot lie and 2: many people I know have been healed of many diseases; stage 4 cancer, brain tumors, severe anemia, allergies and lactose intolerance to name a few :) Since claiming my own healing, I started having what the professionals termed "weird lows" after eating or in the morning when I used to have sky-rocketing blood sugars. Things went unpredictable and opposite of what my nurse educator would expect to see in a T1D. Currently my regular doses have dropped to 9.5 units of Lantus and when doing good I can skip meal boluses and don't need background insulin either!
I expect to be off of insulin soon, under the supervision of medical professionals. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!
I wanted to share my story with you because I have a special place in my heart for you, knowing full well the trial of Diabetes. The doctors can give us amazing medicine and technology, but I am a witness that there is a higher power, a higher hope. :)

Hi,

Welcome to your first post on the forum.

Just how log have you been diagnosed as diabetic?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi,

Welcome to your first post on the forum.

Just how log have you been diagnosed as diabetic?

Says 12 years since age 8??

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks @donnellysdogs , you're a star. been a long week for me.. :) Hope you're good?

@Naomi_Ruth , changed your diet recently? Insulin resistance can change too.. Have you recently changed injection sites, coinciding with this epiphany...?
No diet, weight loss, exercise, insulin type or injection site changes. My doctor sent me for a list of blood tests to rule out anything she could think of that would cause such a drop in insulin needs and they all came back negative, thank the Lord :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How exactly did you get healed? Are you sure your Lantus isn't spoiled by heat?

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I held to the promises God gave in the Bible and He took care of the science. :)
Yes, I'm sure the Lantus isn't spoiled by heat.
I must say that I am quite religious and I have seen people being healed by priests etc but I am still skeptical sorry. Even the weather change causes my levels to drop massively, just yesterday I found out that my meal that requires 8 units suddenly chose to require 6 units, it sent me through a massive fall and my face turned yellow. It was a scary experience because I was alone so I was running like crazy at the mall to find juice. I ended up at 19.8 but I realized that now all my meals require 6 units onstead of 8. It could be anything. I do hope that you are healed but only time will tell.

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No diet, weight loss, exercise, insulin type or injection site changes. My doctor sent me for a list of blood tests to rule out anything she could think of that would cause such a drop in insulin needs and they all came back negative, thank the Lord :)

Hi,
When (aproximately) did these changes in your insulin dosage &'treatment regime start?
Had you picked up a new supply of insulin around this time.? I'm wondering if you have been dispensed a u300 by mistake as opposed to the most commonly used u100 with T1 treatment..

Apologies, I can't help but ask. :)

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
When (aproximately) did these changes in your insulin dosage &'treatment regime start?
Had you picked up a new supply of insulin around this time.? I'm wondering if you have been dispensed a u300 by mistake as opposed to the most commonly used u100 with T1 treatment..

Apologies, I can't help but ask. :)
Hi Jaylee,
As I remember, the first major change came a little over three years ago after being prayed for at some church meetings. Over a period of months, my doses dropped to about half as much as I had previously needed. Last summer is when I started having the "weird lows" that would take place shortly after eating and be quite hard to get back up, and I believe my Lantus needs dropped more then as well. Then last fall, I experimented with not taking any insulin, short or long-acting and discovered that I stayed at a good number for about half of the day and night with no insulin. I did go back on insulin (obviously lol), but my insulin needs were much less. This is when my doctor sent me for testing to be sure nothing was wrong to cause such a drop, and nothing wrong was found. Also, since that time I've noticed I can eat like 25g of carbohydrates with no bolus insulin and maintain good numbers, or will start feeling low and drink a 25g juice box, to check and be a good number later. Lately, it seems that if I have good numbers for at least a few hours of each day, they keep dropping so that I need less insulin than before to keep them good overall. Over all this time I've been using the same u100 I've been on for as long as I can remember what type of insulin I've been using (when I was little my mom was in charge of the insulin)
It's ok to ask, I'd probably do the same if I were in your place :)

Reactions: JAT1 and SaskiaKC

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jaylee,
As I remember, the first major change came a little over three years ago after being prayed for at some church meetings. Over a period of months, my doses dropped to about half as much as I had previously needed. Last summer is when I started having the "weird lows" that would take place shortly after eating and be quite hard to get back up, and I believe my Lantus needs dropped more then as well. Then last fall, I experimented with not taking any insulin, short or long-acting and discovered that I stayed at a good number for about half of the day and night with no insulin. I did go back on insulin (obviously lol), but my insulin needs were much less. This is when my doctor sent me for testing to be sure nothing was wrong to cause such a drop, and nothing wrong was found. Also, since that time I've noticed I can eat like 25g of carbohydrates with no bolus insulin and maintain good numbers, or will start feeling low and drink a 25g juice box, to check and be a good number later. Lately, it seems that if I have good numbers for at least a few hours of each day, they keep dropping so that I need less insulin than before to keep them good overall. Over all this time I've been using the same u100 I've been on for as long as I can remember what type of insulin I've been using (when I was little my mom was in charge of the insulin)
Whatever this is, it is something that needs to be investigated. There was a guy who got cured from type 1 but it was a gene that kicked in, not a prayer. Sorry I find it hard to believe, I can't help but be skeptical. Afteral, I am an engineering student so I always use the scientific mindset here.

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Interesting. I am still waiting and praying for a cure.
Wonderful, so am I! I know that God can help the scientists and doctors to break through and find a cure that even the most scientific-minded of us will accept... keep praying!
And also, please let me encourage you that God can heal completely, science or no science :)

All things are possible, only believe

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Whatever this is, it is something that needs to be investigated. There was a guy who got cured from type 1 but it was a gene that kicked in, not a prayer. Sorry I find it hard to believe, I can't help but be skeptical. Afteral, I am an engineering student so I always use the scientific mindset here.
That's ok, no apologies needed :)
That is amazing to hear that man was cured, and just from a gene kicking in! Do you know any more details about how that happened?
Maybe it's a gene that kicked in for my case too, but I know that if it was, it was God who caused it to kick in, praise His name!

Reactions: JAT1 and SaskiaKC

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's ok, no apologies needed :)
That is amazing to hear that man was cured, and just from a gene kicking in! Do you know any more details about how that happened?
Maybe it's a gene that kicked in for my case too, but I know that if it was, it was God who caused it to kick in, praise His name!
Tagging @Jaylee here she might know.
@kitedoc the prize of this community as well :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jaylee,

Hi Naomi,

There is quiet contemplation there is also meditation. I have no doubt this can aid psychological wellbeing which in turn helps the physical harmony. However, other more worldly factors come into play. Such as healthy lifestyle minimising or abstaining from certain known "toxins."?
I believe in the power of personal positive thought, but not in a deity as a "channel" for this..

You may find this thread interesting...? https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dan-darkes-type-1-diabetes-reversal.153777/

Naomi_Ruth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I must say that I am quite religious and I have seen people being healed by priests etc but I am still skeptical sorry. Even the weather change causes my levels to drop massively, just yesterday I found out that my meal that requires 8 units suddenly chose to require 6 units, it sent me through a massive fall and my face turned yellow. It was a scary experience because I was alone so I was running like crazy at the mall to find juice. I ended up at 19.8 but I realized that now all my meals require 6 units onstead of 8. It could be anything. I do hope that you are healed but only time will tell.
Wow, that would have been a scary experience for you. I am glad you ended up ok, and are now enjoying not having to take so much insulin :)
Yes, many things can affect our blood sugars. I find it interesting that weather can change your levels, although I have found that humidity used to make me more resistant to insulin, or it didn't work as well.
You're exactly right, time will tell and I can keep you all updated as things change, if you want. You don't have to believe me, you're entitled to be skeptical and I won't judge you. I just want to share my story with you all in hopes that it can be an encouragement. If I was at all doubtful that God can completely save and heal and do the same for all of you, I would not be telling about it, as I am not one to give false hope.