HELP my pump profile is wrong and I'm getting too much insulin

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
HELP my Accu-chek active insight pump Basel profile has altered and I don't know how to restore it. I wanted to change some of my night slots to prevent morning highs but now my pump only shows morning time slots and I'm getting took much insulin!

Any idea how I can sort it?

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Go on to you tube and type in how to change the basal rate on the accu chek insight pump, there are about 7 accu chek videos on YouTube or use the computer stick that came with the pump, the YouTube videos are easy to follow

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How did you manage to do that? :) If you go to on your insight handset to PUMP then BASAL then you can programme basal profile. I'm not sure how its possible that your profile disappeared. It should be under PROGRAMME BASAL PROFILE. Have a look. If not you can programme it again. Have you written down your basal profile so you can put it in a pump again?
If you don't feel confident with doing that I would suggest reducing your basal rate by 10% or 20% and contacting your pump team first thing in the morning. They have your profile.
Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
HELP my Accu-chek active insight pump Basel profile has altered and I don't know how to restore it. I wanted to change some of my night slots to prevent morning highs but now my pump only shows morning time slots and I'm getting took much insulin!

Any idea how I can sort it?

Phone Accuchek help line.