Here comes Summer let's stay active.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Well done jamrox, your an inspiration to us all,i put my ipad on the exercise bike and key in the " tour i want to take and pedal like mad on and off for 10 miles , certainly toughs yer rear up

Reactions: 4 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Progress; my walk home for work still takes 30 minutes, but now feels not so hard any more! :)

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still housebound. Making sure I climb the stairs at least once every hour.

Reactions: 7 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well done @Pipp - just keep at it.
Pretty active few days for me - running, aerobic workouts and a full day of walking yesterday. I am tagging along on the TeamBG cycle ride from Barcelona to Bilbao and will no doubt be taking to the road for some of the distance. Numb bum city! I haven't cycled for weeks and haven't put in any real mileage for months. Ho hum, it will be a fantastic adventure and a great opportunity to share with others and learn more about diabetes and exercise at the same time.:)

Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Bebo that sounds exciting .
Pipp the ups and downs are legendary lol
Clivethedrive believe me I get more inspiration from everyone .
I'm aunty sitting but took the long walk to her house and will do the same on the way home.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning all, just a quick line i've lost another2 lbs now down to 13st 8lbs from 16 st 8lbs last sept,

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Yeah that's great 3 stones is a fab achievement

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bebo321, I am so impressed and humbled about my feeble attempts to get fitter! Still, I have been badly unfit for so long, that every little helps, and hopefully in a few months I will be more active and at a higher intensity.

Yesterday's activity: about an hour and a half of leisurely walking/shopping with a friend; almost an hour (OK, 30 mins) of standing on the tube holding heavy weights (OK, my shopping). Legs and bum felt well tired after...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am trying to be patient, but taking a long time to get well after virus. Meantime I feel all my former fitness draining away. Will have to start slowly and build up again as soon as I am able.

Getting bored with chair exercises, stairs are a bit much at moment. Trying not to be too miserable. Will walk around the garden a few times and try not to sit for too long.
Hoping normal service will be resumed soon.:confused:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Bebo321, I am so impressed and humbled about my feeble attempts to get fitter! Still, I have been badly unfit for so long, that every little helps, and hopefully in a few months I will be more active and at a higher intensity.

Yesterday's activity: about an hour and a half of leisurely walking/shopping with a friend; almost an hour (OK, 30 mins) of standing on the tube holding heavy weights (OK, my shopping). Legs and bum felt well tired after...

You know that fact that you are doing something and thinking about it is great. That to me is the biggest success of all these challenges .
I used to be THE couch potato , now I think of how I can be active on busy days .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I am trying to be patient, but taking a long time to get well after virus. Meantime I feel all my former fitness draining away. Will have to start slowly and build up again as soon as I am able.

Getting bored with chair exercises, stairs are a bit much at moment. Trying not to be too miserable. Will walk around the garden a few times and try not to sit for too long.

Don't be to hard on yourself .. Stop your moaning too lol.
Pipp you are fab and kept bme going through hard times. You ll be back at it . Little and often

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Don't fret @Larissima, I am a complete fake here, because it's actually my hubby who has diabetes! - I just help things along with TeamBG(www.teambloodglucose.com) and am personally motivated by those who follow @Jamrox's exercise threads.:)

I'm the one who's humbled here - I think it's inspiring when anyone with diabetes takes the 'bull by the horns' so to speak and chooses to be proactive about managing their condition. We all have different fitness levels and health considerations - what's important is trying our individual best to do something active every day, because it really does make a difference. (Hope I can still be one of the gang :oops:)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

So sorry you're not your usual self @Pipp. Don't beat yourself up about it and just focus on getting better - maybe give yourself the 'feel good factor' by eating super healthy and be sure that you are getting every vitamin and mineral your body needs. (LOL! I bet any minute you'll come back and say you already do and put us all to shame!)x

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Don't fret @Larissima, I am a complete fake here, because it's actually my hubby who has diabetes! - I just help things along with TeamBG(www.teambloodglucose.com) and am personally motivated by those who follow @Jamrox's exercise threads.:)

I'm the one who's humbled here - I think it's inspiring when anyone with diabetes takes the 'bull by the horns' so to speak and chooses to be proactive about managing their condition. We all have different fitness levels and health considerations - what's important is trying our individual best to do something active every day, because it really does make a difference. (Hope I can still be one of the gang :oops:)

Emm you have no choice , you are part of the gang and hopefully it will keep you healthy too

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1434134542.836332.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1434134575.852271.jpg

Thats really the sign of summer!!!

Reactions: 7 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What? Aphids on the plants?
I guess the exercise theme would be the planting, and harvesting. My gardening today consisted of watering the pots. That was to and fro and carrying the tiny half litre bottles of water to the pots. Took 20 minutes. Then it rained.
So sorry you're not your usual self @Pipp. Don't beat yourself up about it and just focus on getting better - maybe give yourself the 'feel good factor' by eating super healthy and be sure that you are getting every vitamin and mineral your body needs. (LOL! I bet any minute you'll come back and say you already do and put us all to shame!)x
i am not that well behaved at the moment. Not much appetite, but seem to be able to managed ice cream.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What? Aphids on the plants?
I guess the exercise theme would be the planting, and harvesting. My gardening today consisted of watering the pots. That was to and fro and carrying the tiny half litre bottles of water to the pots. Took 20 minutes. Then it rained.

i am not that well behaved at the moment. Not much appetite, but seem to be able to managed ice cream.

No aphids... Just organic fertiliser granules.

Cucumbers literally giving away....got so many!!

Looking forward to getting enough strawberries warranting some cream!!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No aphids... Just organic fertiliser granules.

Cucumbers literally giving away....got so many!!

Looking forward to getting enough strawberries warranting some cream!!
Ok, so your exercise is gardening?