High sugar levels AGAIN feeling upset :(

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Woke up with 19, took 10 units to correct me down by 1:1 (didn't see these posts sorry guys.) Had a tassimo latte which has 4g of carbs in it and I haven't eaten a thing. Tested 1 hour after correcting and I am at 20.3. I will check again in one hour. I didnt sleep well after seeing 20s at 3am.. Thanks so much for being there for me. I will inject in my arm next time where abouts do I do this? Thanks again.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
upper arm at halfway between elbow and shoulder where you can see it

Reactions: 3 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
as it happens @lcarter iwas 16.8 this morning at 7am -- i took 11 units novorapid at 7am -- i have had nothing but black coffee and at 9:55am have just tested at 10.9

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine are taking much longer to correct too. I think my insulin has spoiled in the cold.

Start a new pen / cartridge today maybe?

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
I started a new cartridge last night. @himtoo did you double your correction dose? I am hoping mine come down in an hour or two..

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mine are taking much longer to correct too. I think my insulin has spoiled in the cold.

Start a new pen / cartridge today maybe?

not necessarily @Emmotha -- on days i am high i often find it takes 3-5 hours to get into single figures again.
there are people that say you should always eat as this brings it down with the insulin as your body is liver dumping
but I have tried that too and it has not worked any better for me

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I started a new cartridge last night. @himtoo did you double your correction dose? I am hoping mine come down in an hour or two..
actually no @lcarter -- i have been doing MDI on lantus and novorapid since 1997 and i have learned over time what to do when ( but officially i am not telling you that as I am not a doctor )

i will stick with you today -- just keep testing and if you are not going out you could try stacking a dose ( but again i am not telling you to do this )
keep lucozade or similar close by if you start to drop and write everything you do down

Reactions: 2 people

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
actually no @lcarter -- i have been doing MDI on lantus and novorapid since 1997 and i have learned over time what to do when ( but officially i am not telling you that as I am not a doctor )
Sorry what is MDI?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sorry what is MDI?
multiple daily injections
1 or 2 long acting at brekkie , evening meal or bedtime and as many fast acting as required to manage carb intake ( usually hopefully 3 injections)

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas

i will stick with you today -- just keep testing and if you are not going out you could try stacking a dose ( but again i am not telling you to do this )
keep lucozade or similar close by if you start to drop and write everything you do down
Thank you soooo much.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Into the bicep or lower down?
i guess its called that --LOL

not into your bingo wings at the bottom ( only joking -- you're way too young for those -- into the area you can see when looking at your upper arm - not the elbow side -- hope this makes sense

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have you checked your fridge temperature?

Only know because my insulin stopped working when my fridge wasn't cold enough and broke. Had to get more and store next door until repaired.

Only reason I am saying is because it appears that neither one of your insulins are working properly...

Reactions: 4 people

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Right update.

My levels are 16.8 two hours after taking 1:1 correction. My levels usually start to come down two-three hours after injecting. Still not eaten as not hungry but will have an omelette soon.

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Have you checked your fridge temperature?

Only know because my insulin stopped working when my fridge wasn't cold enough and broke. Had to get more and store next door until repaired.

Only reason I am saying is because it appears that neither one of your insulins are working properly...
I havent got a thermometer but it is definately cold enough but not too cold.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good, so they are coming down slowly this morn. Keepdoing normal activitys but keep testing every hour if possible right through the day. Do eat to as near zero carb as poss this morn...

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Ok update. Just took levels as felt a bit odd and they are 14.8 this is two hours and forty minutes after. Ive been hoovering trying to get them down. About to eat a ham and mushroom omelette...

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Ham mushroom cheese omelette. Got cauliflower cheese to snack on this has 9g of carbs total. Sound ok?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Have you got enough strips?