High sugar levels AGAIN feeling upset :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Got to head for bed now, Christmas has worn me out. Take care, be safe and have a restful nights sleep xxx

Reactions: 2 people

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
20 ??!! :nailbiting::hungover::clown::dead: lcarter, I think you need to visit your doc maybe take to hospital

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
My doctors and diabetic team know they are high yet told me to switch insulins etc. Im pretty confident they will come down. Carb free and higher basal insulin will sort it. Its got to!

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Ps ilya83 first time in six years its done this other than times of sickness! Rare so dont worry

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@lcarter

Hope levels shift downward.... Wld u let us know in the morning please?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
still reading along here and to be honest have not seen you post a single reading in single figures -- but try not to panic -- something out of your control appears to be happening and it is a bit*h that it is christmas week.
the suggestion to inject fast acting into your arm is a good one -- i use that technique if my BG's are ever above 12 as the insulin does seem to get to work quicker -- more susceptible to bruising though.

if it is any consolation to you Icarter you are not alone -- most all of us will have experienced bad times with the D

i always wish there were a hospice i could go to when i am feeling bad but sadly they do not exist for us

keep us posted and we'll support you -- [[[[ big hug]]]]]

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Well.

I had 17.4 at 1230am after taking a correction dose of 5 units at 1020pm.

Checked them at 230am and its back at 20.8.

Will see what they are in morning. Thank you all so much. Im trying not to panic as i increased lantus by 2 units last night & I may need to increase it again by another 2 tonight.

Will post again in the morning. . X

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Thanks. Toying with the idea of getting up & taking some more quick acting....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
How far apart were injections what time was your last one? Would you consider using your arm?

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
My last one was at 1030pm (5 units) hmm not really i prefer my tummy or legs.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ok -- when you get up if first reading is above 15 double your correction dose plus basal if any this time of day and only protein/ fat for brekkie -- omelette or scrambled eggs , black tea or coffee or water -- tests every hour and no other snacks unless you go hypo lets see what we can do to those BG's by lunch time

i will be online most all morning to talk to if needed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning, I hope the levels have come down. It came down a little, but then went back up again.to 20.8:eek: It would appear that the Insulin isn't getting absorbed into the system.? Such a lot of correction Insulin and no great results in the single figures.:(
I know you like using certain area's to inject, but please just try your arm, it's not terrible, I even had to do it one handed. Could you give it a go for the sake of your health ??
Hope you got through the night peacefully and safely.

RRB

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I know you like using certain area's to inject, but please just try your arm, it's not terrible, I even had to do it one handed. Could you give it a go for the sake of your health ??RRB

complete agreement with RRB on this. i don't use my arms hardly at all but they do seem to be the best for quick absorption.
my method is to dial my units , pinch skin of arm with other hand and stab pen in with my mouth. then using pinching hand grab pen and inject the units, all done in less than 10 seconds :)

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well.

I had 17.4 at 1230am after taking a correction dose of 5 units at 1020pm.

Checked them at 230am and its back at 20.8.

Will see what they are in morning. Thank you all so much. Im trying not to panic as i increased lantus by 2 units last night & I may need to increase it again by another 2 tonight.

Will post again in the morning. . X

Strongly suggest you do the basal checks for a few days to get your basal dose right, you don't have to starve yourself and can do the tests one at a time, for example miss lunch one day then miss your evening meal the next and monitor your results, this way your diabetes team can advise you further.

When you do next speak with your DSN ask about the possibility of changing to an insulin pump, given the problems you are experiencing (despite your best efforts) you would more than likely fit the criteria. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh today I got up at 12pm with 17.5 :arghh: Hate it rrrrrrrrrrr :shifty:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh today I got up at 12pm with 17.5 :arghh: Hate it rrrrrrrrrrr :shifty:

Yes I know how you feel, a unbelievable one yesterday morning :arghh: and double figures this morning :banghead:
grrrr, I feel you.

RRB