Hobbies anyone??

Ron01503

Photography is a great hobby that I follow. It has several benefits
1. Gets you out of the house walking around for new things to photograph so good exercise
2. You look out for things of beauty that you might have missed if you were just walking
3. Evenings and rainy days can be spent with Photoshop improving the photos and reliving those glorious walks

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Sorry noblehead I just had to say this........... ah you used to play the guitar also motorbikes??;) couldn't resist that:p RRB
Just picture him running round the garden arms out going brmmmmm brrrmmmmmmm!
Air guitar too?

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

I thought it but was far too polite to say. Lol. Sorry Rosie we will have to find you another pastime.xx

on the content

What about learning to juggle? ooops forgot, women do that anywayo_O :angelic:lol

Because part of my work is gardening, I have dug a few broken tiles and the lady says I can keep them, so I was thinking of making a mosaic, when I find more I also have a couple of tiles in my cupboard and I could look through the charity shops :D any artistic suggestions would be most welcomed:)

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
on the content

What about learning to juggle? ooops forgot, women do that anywayo_O :angelic:lol

Because part of my work is gardening, I have dug a few broken tiles and the lady says I can keep them, so I was thinking of making a mosaic, when I find more I also have a couple of tiles in my cupboard and I could look through the charity shops :D any artistic suggestions would be most welcomed:)
I can juggle - balls, never mastered clubs, but did get a few knocks on the bonce!

As to tiles - I have just upcycled an old wooden garden table by painting it deep blue and tiling the top. It looks great.

How about painting lots of countryside

I like the countryside the colours it is!

Honestly folks, I do have quite enough hobbies.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I can juggle - balls, never mastered clubs, but did get a few knocks on the bonce!

As to tiles - I have just upcycled an old wooden garden table by painting it deep blue and tiling the top. It looks great.

That sounds lovely, could you post a photo when it's finished? I would love to see it and get some inspiration, thanks :)

I like the countryside the colours it is!

Honestly folks, I do have quite enough hobbies.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will try and remember to do so this weekend when husband comes home with the camera.

Catden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
I am a Crafter we have a small group that meet weekly & we have a go at as much as we can. I have a renal transplant & when I had to retire a few years after, it saved my sanity at the moment I am recovering from GCA (Giant cell artritis) & it's showing its worth again. The Prednisolne started at 60mg so I was bouncing off the walls as soon as I felt like carfting again I knew I was improving. xx

Reactions: 4 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
the only hobby i have is the computer

i used to knit my brothers and nephews cricket jumpers

Now to find ally1 a new hobby how about crochet ally if you were a knitter I bet you can crochet as well.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I can't crochet, I'm a knitter. Used to be able to crochet years ago, but its gone from my brain.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
I'm teaching myself to crochet,it's taking time though lol

My late MIL taught me years ago to make those squares but I have totally forgotten how. She used to watch the TV while crocheting blankets for the church. She used to get old jumpers and pull them all back for the wool.

reidergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get old jumpers from carboot sales to make felt with, I get wool from the oddments bin at the market.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I've just started making my own wine, from a kit admittedly, but I made it myself, should be ready in about a week....
And inspired by a post I put on another thread, I bought myself a tenor saxophone, I'm being taught how to play by Paul Weller's ex sax player. He enjoys teaching me because apparently I 'get it'!!

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My late MIL taught me years ago to make those squares but I have totally forgotten how. She used to watch the TV while crocheting blankets for the church. She used to get old jumpers and pull them all back for the wool.
Granny squares - I've just made my first blanket with that stitch. Brilliant videos on You Tube - I don't know how I ever learnt to do stuff before that!