ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
on thursday, my BS was 37.1 and felt unwell so took myself off to hospital where i was kept in until this morning
my BS went down to 25.8 this morning and having to have BS tests every two days

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad you are alright and had the sense to get yourself to the hospital, hopefully they will push to get you sorted as your doctor didn't seem to be doing much. Those BS reading need to be brought down somehow.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So pleased you are OK and well done for going to hospital. We have been worried about you, so thank you for the update. Hope you get these levels down very soon. Take care.

Reactions: 2 people

Jill the tt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unkindness
thanks to bluetit for posting where you are. glad you're ok Ally we have been worried, take care, we'll be thinking of you

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Flippin heck Ally am surprised they didn't put you on insulin straight away, I think you will now be treated at the hospital instead of GPs surely anyway.

Hope it settles down, you will feel like a pin cushion having to have bloods taken every couple of days but it will be worth it

Bev X

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Whatever it is I hope it gets sorted out soon Ally. Take care.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Neighbour of mine went to hospital for a lumbar puncture. His bloods were 20. They wouldn't do op until his levels dopped a bit, which they did to 18!
He need the lumbar puncture due to cancer, but he was sent home and told to ring the dsn. He did and was immediately put on to insulin.
He is 70+ years of age and personally Ally I cannot figure out why your hospital and GP's aren't appearing to be bothered about your levels.

What treatment did they give you in hospital?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
donnellyysdog the
to start with, the drs said i had been eating too much sugar but i proved themj wrong,hospital just increased my medication

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
engineer88, they hadn,t mentioned type 1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bev18, i wasn,t put on insulin

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What meds have they put you on, and did they give you any life-style/dietary advice? I bet the hospital food didn't help with the blood sugars either!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Oh dear Ally. I hope you get the help now you need to bring your levels down and keep them down. At 37.1 you must have felt awful. Take care.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think we need to take it in turns to come and look after you. :nurse: I'm shocked you've been discharged at almost 26. Did they test for ketones ? And, how are you feeling?

Ally, you need to be very cautious, and look after yourself very well. Do you have family who can help?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, my family are scattered around the country, apart from my mum, my brothers and sisters all just say, its only diabetes, get a life and stop moaning
i,m feeling a bit better then i was
in hospital for breakfast, all i was offered was cornflakes and toast which i shouldn,t have had
i wasn,t given any dietary advice

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bluetit, my meds were increased and on metformin 4 times 500mg and zicron times 3 40mg

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
oh dear Ally that must have been frightening for you. I hope they manage to sort your medication our soon. Take care and please keep posting so we know how you are.:)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
glad to see you back, Hopefully they will keep a better eye on you after this episode.

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope your bg levels come down with your new medication. Glad you got out of the hospital, but don't forget if you get high readings again go back.