Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CJ from the Egg heads
Shellfish
Leaving home without an umbrella
Hi,

I have woken up this morning with a sore throat, runny nose and a bad mood :lol:
i know when im feeling a bit grotty that my bg's don't ever do what i want them to do which makes me frustrated and i spend a lot of the day testing and and trying to make sure that things are ok.

i just wanted to see how other people cope when they are ill :?:

my perfect rememdy would be fett up on the sofa in front of Jermey Kyle but it's only a cold so off to work i go :lol:

Thanks,

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just the same as you are, by testing and keeping a eye on bg levels throughout the illness. Just remember to keep your fluid intake up too, and check for ketones when bg's start to rise.

Nigel

badmedisin

Yep, constant testing and desperately trying to control my levels. And sleeping a lot! I usually don't get colds, probably because I have a phobia of people invading my personal space sp I don't let them get close enough to breathe on me! But last year I was working with 5 year olds, who have no sense of boundaries, and I had colds for 3 months. I had to take a lot of extra insulin and had quite a few days off work.

I find that avoiding jeremy vile helps! Every time I go to the doctor, he's on in the waiting room. My theory is that I'm so grateful to get away from him that it doesn't matter what diagnosis I get :)

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Lezzles. :)

Yes, fluids, warmth and rest is the answer. :)

Prevention being better than cure I have taken to having the flu jags when offered which seem to have worked in spite of my reservations. I also thoroughly wash my hands regularly and use a hand gel when hand washing is not practical. I have managed to avoid going down with anything at all for quite some time – long may it continue! :roll:

Hope you feel better soon! :)