How Long Have The Current Nhs Diabetes Guidelines Been In Place

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you talking about the NICE guidelines for diabetes care? Or dietary advice? Or which aspect?

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to get this right as im being interviewed for the local newspaper. Can anyone help? I am fighting our corner!!! Thanks

I want to get this right as im being interviewed for the local newspaper. Can anyone help? I am fighting our corner!!! Thanks
Hi, sorry I don't know the answer as I am still fairly new to this condition, however I am sure someone will have the right info for you, I just wanted to wish you lots of luck.

Reactions: Debandez

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, you need to be clear on whether you are talking about the NICE Guidelines or other sources that I've seen over the years such as the College of Physicians etc. I suspect you need to focus on the NICE Guidelines which have been going for a good few years. I have quite a few NICE Diabetes docs from 2005 and some of the Dept of Health Diabetes National Service Framework docs from the same time. I think it was around that time that real and organised national guidance started?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you talking about the NICE guidelines for diabetes care? Or dietary advice? Or which aspect?
Both would be great. I googled nhs diabetic food advice. Came back with nothing out if bounds portion control plenty of fruit rubbish. Can you point me in the right direction. I'm just writing my notes. Thank you

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Yes, you need to be clear on whether you are talking about the NICE Guidelines or other sources that I've seen over the years such as the College of Physicians etc. I suspect you need to focus on the NICE Guidelines which have been going for a good few years. I have quite a few NICE Diabetes docs from 2005 and some of the Dept of Health Diabetes National Service Framework docs from the same time. I think it was around that time that real and organised national guidance started?
Thinking about it I think NICE

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it for the Gazette? If you know when it will be printed please let me know and I will buy a copy.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it for the Gazette? If you know when it will be printed please let me know and I will buy a copy.
They are coming to take pics tomorrow. Hoping to be in 3rd July but if not week later. But I will be updating this forum as soon im.sure about details.

Reactions: xfieldok

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant. Thank you everyone. I just want to get as much detail in as possible. After I send today's update she might not go ahead as it's too controversial!!! :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I think you’ve got all the info you need, so I just popped in to wish you all the best with the article and the photo shoot x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you everyone. I've just sent my updates and additions and got a thank you back from the journalist. I will keep everyone informed. It might be the smallest article on the back page but it's something. Hoping it's bigger though!

Reactions: Prem51

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone. I've just sent my updates and additions and got a thank you back from the journalist. I will keep everyone informed. It might be the smallest article on the back page but it's something. Hoping it's bigger though!
Hope you pointed her to this forum to do her own research.