Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I've only got the paperback and since I have re-read it a lot (would still read it again) but I will take your advice and invest in the hardback version. I've always wanted to frame mission patch copies as they would look nice anywhere. Thanks
Something like this ???
NASA patches.jpg

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
We have a place called Gallows gate not far from us.
Do you ever get a creepy, haunted or uncomfortable feeling if you visit Gallows gate ? There is an area called Gallowgate in Glasgow too. Btw there is a small deciduous wood near me and it gave me the creeps like someone/something was watching me and made me very uncomfortable. Never happened in any other woods or anyplace. Woooooo lol

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Well you have 204 patches for all manned flights to collect :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well you have 204 patches for all manned flights to collect :)
:happy:OMG...Will try Apollo and Mercury first then STS. That's a lot.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Suggest you start with Apollo (11), then Skylab (3), then Apollo Soyuz (2), then STS (135) and then ISS (44). That's in time order

There were no official patches for Mercury (and the "fantasy" patches produced after the fact are horrible) and the first sanctioned patches only commenced on the third Gemini flight ... and none of them (the seven that exist) are worth collecting either.

Mike

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for the help, I will do it in that order.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Easy. He was called John C. Woods

"John Clarence Woods (June 5, 1911 – July 21, 1950) was a United States Army Master Sergeant who, with Joseph Malta, carried out the Nuremberg executions of ten former top leaders of the Third Reich on October 16, 1946 after they were sentenced to death at the Nuremberg Trials. Time magazine credited him with 347 executions to that date during a 15-year career. According to recent research, a number of 60 to 70 over a period of two years is more credible"
I visited RAF Gatow in Berlin when I was fifteen. We went on a holiday, where a friend of my fathers was posted in Spandau prison. As an army interpreter. Which we visited, this is where Hess and other Nazis at the time were held. And others were executed. Horrible place, great wimpy over the road though!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Thanks for the help, I will do it in that order.
Pleasure Eddie :)

Let me know if you need any help as I know my way around these things and I'm happy to help :) Make sure you only get AB emblem patches as they're officially licenced from NASA and get the full size 4 inch versions.

You can get them cheaply on ebay when you buy them in lots rather than one at a time.

Mike

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Great starting information MikeD. I will make a note of the AB patches, look on eBay and buy in bulk to save. Cheers, this will keep me busy and no doubt will look good and be a talking point for people visiting.
:)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Great starting information MikeD. I will make a note of the AB patches, look on eBay and buy in bulk to save. Cheers, this will keep me busy and no doubt will look good and be a talking point for people visiting.
:)
No worries :)

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Something like this ???View attachment 9441
GREEN WITH ENVY. My father worked for Kodak. With each moon landing, they gave the staff each a 8x10in colour photograph taken on the moon. I have them archived away for posterity.I suppose they gave away thousands but I wonder how many are around now ?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Worth ckecking out, doubt they are very valuable but might come in handy for the 50" plasma tv lol

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
GREEN WITH ENVY. My father worked for Kodak. With each moon landing, they gave the staff each a 8x10in colour photograph taken on the moon. I have them archived away for posterity.I suppose they gave away thousands but I wonder how many are around now ?

If they're red stamp 8 x 10 glossies released by NASA on Kodak hard stock from the Apollo period, they can be and often are worth a fortune. Some sell for over $1000. I kid you not nuthead . Check to see whether it has a stamp and numbers similar to this anywhere on the front.

red stamp.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
You won't regret it :)

mike

Eddie

The hardback is a BIG book split across 3 volumes and just packed with color shots from all missions. A new set for under $27 on US ebay right now.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Eddie

The hardback is a BIG book split across 3 volumes and just packed with color shots from all missions. A new set for under $27 on US ebay right now.
Have already ordered it mike. Ta

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you ever get a creepy, haunted or uncomfortable feeling if you visit Gallows gate ? There is an area called Gallowgate in Glasgow too. Btw there is a small deciduous wood near me and it gave me the creeps like someone/something was watching me and made me very uncomfortable. Never happened in any other woods or anyplace. Woooooo lol
Not really noticed to be honest.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
One of my other hobbies,doll making.

image.jpg

Cake I made

image.jpg

Reactions: 5 people