Reactions: DJ899

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Warning: the Grenade carb killa icecreams contain polyols. .
Both types may contain no added sugar, but watch out for the carbs - they aren't what I would call low carb (but may be acceptable in small quantities).

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I buy Oppo too, or sometimes make ice cream lollies (it is possible to make softer ice cream without a machine but it is a lot of work). I use a pot of double cream, cocoa and erythritol sweetener as a quick cheat. Dissolve the cocoa and sweetener in a little warm cream, let it cool then whip the rest of the cream and fold in the cocoa mix. Separate into portions and freeze. I've also used strawberries mixed with sweetener and cream, covered with a little melted 85% chocolate.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Warning: the Grenade carb killa icecreams contain polyols. .
Both types may contain no added sugar, but watch out for the carbs - they aren't what I would call low carb (but may be acceptable in small quantities).

The Carb Killa products do indeed contain polyols and as with any new food I would advocate testing to anyone trying them. I’m one of the lucky one who does not get a spike in my sugars from polyols, so I can work on the basis of ‘net carbs’ i.e. Total carbs minus the carbs from polyols.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If you've got a blender you can get a pretty nice mix from greek yoghurt and frozen berries, no need for an ice cream maker, though you have to eat it all in one sitting (yum).