1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

In praise of all the delivery drivers, pickers, truck drivers, and anyone working to supply us

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Brunneria, Mar 19, 2020.

1. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Those customers should be given an ASBO

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rustytypin

Rustytypin Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Yesterday I thanked the lady on the supermarket checkout for coming into work, she was very pleased. I was rewarded with a big smile from her. Every little helps! (No it wasn’t that supermarket)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. poemagraphic

poemagraphic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Please remember to wear gloves when you bring your bin in as you need to be aware of the potential contamination. (Please people, no snide remarks about my posting re.gloves.) Both that and this post are important.

I must echo everything Brunneria has said... Please remember them.

4. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Personally I rather wash my hands well then use gloves unless for practical reasons I can't wash my hands quickly enough. The issue with gloves is that few people can remove them in a safe way and unless the gloves are dispose, the risk remains on the gloves and you will touch them when you put them on again.

5. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

We as asked by our local council cleaned and disinfected the bins handles top and outside before putting the bins out and did wear gloves when bringing them in.

gloves are not that hard to remove quickly and safely disposed of in a container I have set aside for that purpose.

6. Peter03

Peter03 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes a big thankyou to all delivery driver's and all the people still working through out the world, I think that covers it or maybe not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. poemagraphic

That is perfectly fine John and the correct thing we all should be doing... Better safe than sorry as my dear Father used to say.
    Po

• Like Like x 1
  9. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Don't forget you can wash your hands while wearing medical type gloves we used to do that sometimes while treating patients in clinic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. poemagraphic

Indeed.

11. VashtiB

VashtiB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Another person thankful for this thread. For all the horrible stories you read about hoarding an fighting there are so many unsung heroes working hard to make our lives better. I think we learn about the things we take for granted. Hopefully we can learn always to be grateful for all we have and for those people in non glamorous jobs who make our lives better in so many ways.

12. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi John,
    Its still possible to get these blue plastic disposable gloves off ebay.
    The ones I got I need to use baby powder to put on.
    They sell them by the 100 and just last me one use.
    D.

13. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Why cant junk mail be a crime under the present conditions. They are exposing postal workers and the public to unnecessary contact with cross contamination.
    The post sent should be absolutely necessary.
    D.

14. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Huge thanks to all the drivers, loaders and everyone who delivers , stock shelves and work on checkouts.To butchers, millers, cheese makers and farmers and everyone who helps. I've always thanked anyone who helped me and find now that it is really appreciated.
    Thanks @Brunneria too

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tophat1900

Tophat1900 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

These drivers are the life line.... we'd be in some serious trouble without em. Really hope they stay as healthy as they can throughout this ordeal. Along with everyone else of course.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook