Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

ian15216

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brexit,!
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?

Have fun!
how do fill in the questions?

Deltic man

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate being a Diabetic and having Cancer Injections. I totally hate very long cold winter nights, I don't do excersise as I am too laid back to care about it.
Hi all well it's great to be back on the forum after being away due to health problems which I won't go into.
I am a Yorkshire man from the steel city and it's a famous cutlery city.
I now live in Scotland
I have been married twice.
I am a rail enthusiast and ex train spotter and I started when I was 15 years old.
I am a big lover of Rock/ Metal Music but I am also a big lover of music from the 50s 60s and 70s but I also love classical music and opera.
I retired a year ago.
I spend my days bird photography from my bed room window as I can't get about too much and driving the locos on my train sim world ps4.
I don't follow sport ie football but I love watching car Rallys.
I am 67
People call me big kev.
I used to be a big real ale person and always look forward to the new Christmas ales that would be made for Christmas. But alas I can't drink any more health issues plus medication.
I am a placid person who can get on with anyone but I have found out that people don't get on with me sometimes as I am very stressed out.
I forgot to mention that I am type 2 Diabetic I also have got borderline personality disorder. I am a recovering Alcoholic but I have been dry and sober for 9 years.
I have got prostate Cancer but can't have chemotherapy or Radiotherapy due to been on warfarin. I don't celebrate Christmas or the new year it's just another day to me. But worse of all I haven't had any of my Covid injections.

Helendogs

This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to. No idea how to put a photo on a computer! It's taken me over a week to work out how to write anything on here!
- What is your name? Hi I'm Helen
- How old are you? Um, give me a sec to calculate it - 58
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? UK, mother is Cornish so I'm half Cornish.
- Which city/area do you live in? At present Plymouth, though lived in about 23 places until I married & moved to Exeter.
- Are you religious? YES - Jesus Christ is my personal Lord & Saviour & He wants to be the same for everyone.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Quirky, Joyful, Umm? Trouble
- Do you have any pets? Yes I have 2 Golden Retrievers who look after me - Ele & Field
- Microsoft or Apple? I think Microsoft.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Sports! You are talking to someone who has always been last chosen at school, is incapable of catching, running or jumping, etc, etc. At a fun gundog test we had to throw a dummy to see who could throw the furthest, when it was my turn everyone went to stand on the area we were throwing as it was the only reliable place to not get hit!
I do like taking my dogs & doing agility - I'm the one who sends the dogs round by voice NOT running. At 1 show I held the ring up for 2 hrs as I tripped over my dog & broke several bones (took ambulance 2 hrs to get to me) It was quicker the time I did a gundog test & went unconcious from hypo - they sent an air ambulance then as we were unreachable by road!
Does walking count? My dogs & I love walking - though I need to find places that will take my walker - we are a bit wide on the pavements with me in middle & a dog either side.
- Do you get angry easily? Yes, far too easily when people hurt animals but especially my dogs! Following Christ & bringing peace & forgiveness is an area I'm still working on.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Nope, fraid not - too much of a coward with pain.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Songs where I can hear the words!
- What is your favourite flag? No idea - where do flags come into introductions.
- Ever gone camping? Yes, loads of times - though as I can't drive my camping is basic & whatever I can carry! Unfortunately I can't camp anymore as I can no longer get off the ground!
- Ever been in love? Unsure - I'm probably too selfish to truly be in love.
- Ever used fake tan? No - I'd probably get it all over the floor & furniture rather than myself.
- Which countries have you visited? Not a lot, went with my dad to Spain & Alps somewhere & my gran to Hungary (yes it's not called that anymore) & Austria.
- Favourite city? Somewhere with lots of parks, rivers, woods, etc & not too many people.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Help - 5! NCIS, Hetty Wainthrope Investigates, National World programmes, Escape to Country & the 1/2 the price ones.
- List your five favourite films. A Dog's Journey, Homeward Bound, Marley & I, Hotel for Dogs - guess you can see a theme here.
- Are you wealthy? Yes, I have everything I need so am very wealthy. However as you are probably talking about money the answer is not really - I can afford food, H&L, rent, etc - what else do you need?
- Do you work? If so, as what? Not any more - I was an accountant but had so many hypos when my boss retired it was felt I was too difficult for the other members of staff.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. I did Science & Maths B Ed at college & taken several papers in Accountancy & Taxation & Science, at present am studying Assisstance Dog Training & Local Preaching.
- What do you like most about yourself? No idea?
- What do you like least about yourself? I'm annoying, trouble, get angry easily, have far too many hypos & seem to have no ability to control my diabetes (Type 1 since 1968 - Drs keep telling me I shouldn't be alive!)

Have fun!

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

derv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm Chrissy I'm 54. British but live in Bulgaria. Left UK in 06. 10 years in Turkey. 5 years here in Bulgaria.
Type 2 diabetic from 2000. Was well controlled until moving here.
Given incorrect insulin.
Wrong medication for A-FİB
Now have hypothyroidism, extreme weight gain breathing problems bradycardia with super ventricular tachycardia and PACs.

I have a husband who's 12 yrs old than me. He's fab we met 02, married 04.
Have 3 horses 3 dogs and 3 cats.
Life is good.

I have only just managed to find a good English speaking endocrinologist here in Sevlievo.

Reactions: jjraak

ThommoUK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have got prostate Cancer but can't have chemotherapy or Radiotherapy due to been on warfarin.
You might like to consider and discuss with your doctor the possibility of switching from Warfarin to one of the NOAC drugs, which are supposed to do the same job, only better. I take one of them, Dabigatran. I chose this one over Apixaban as it is less likely to raise my blood glucose. I don't know how anyone copes with Warfarin, I'm sure I couldn't. With the NOACs there are no restrictions on diet and no testing.
https://www.bhf.org.uk/informations...ine/medical/drug-cabinet/novel-anticoagulants

crazyukman

- What is your name? David
- How old are you? 44 years young
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Scotland
- Are you religious? Believe in Jesus, but don’t like too much religious behaviour
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Faithful, laid back
- Do you have any pets? Would love to have a dog
- Microsoft or Apple? 75% Microsoft, 25% Apple
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Gymnastics, rugby and pool
- Do you get angry easily? Only if people are being deliberately mean
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No, I travel to Japan a lot and don’t engage with yakuza
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Dave Brubeck, Rick Astley, Pete Tong, Bon Jovi & Max Richter
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Jazz
- What is your favourite flag? Japan
- Ever gone camping? In Australia, good fun…
- Ever been in love? Yep
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? About 75% of them
- Favourite city? Used to be Hong Kong; now Vancouver
- List your five favourite TV programmes. The Simpsons, West Wing, Frasier, Dynasty & Saved by the Bell
- List your five favourite films. Fight Club, The Importance of Being Earnest, Airplane, Back to the Future & James Bond
- Are you wealthy? Nope
- Do you work? If so, as what? Postgrad Student
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Lots.
- What do you like least about yourself? Bipolar diagnosis

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
- What is your name?
Maria

- How old are you?

Female

Brasil

London

- Ever gone camping?
Yes

- Do you have any pets?
Yes. 3 cats

- Microsoft or Apple?
Apple

Pop

Brasil
Scotland
France
Switzerland

- Favourite city?
Rome (but haven’t been there)

The Witcher
Sex Education
Modern Family
Criminal Minds
Sponge Bob

10 things I hate about you
The hangover II
Mamma Mia
Moana
Fast and Furious 5

- Are you wealthy?
I wish

- List the subjects you study
Psychology at University of Warwick

My eyes?

My ability to procrastinate

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @MariaTebas2021, welcome to the forum!

Out of curiosity, your profile says you don't have diabetes, so now I'm curious why you joined the forum. :)
Care to tell us a bit more?

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @MariaTebas2021, welcome to the forum!

Out of curiosity, your profile says you don't have diabetes, so now I'm curious why you joined the forum. :)
Care to tell us a bit more?

Hi! Thank youu !

Yes, that’s right I don’t have diabetes, though there are cases in my family (my grandpa had Type 2 diabetes and my great aunt as well)

I have a close university friend who has diabetes Type 1, we’re doing our final year project together (we both are 3rd year psychology students). So I guess I joined for 2 main reasons;

To get a better understanding of the condition so I’m not completely clueless and be able to help if she needs.

Also because she had the idea to do our project topic on people with diabetes.

Since I don’t know much about the condition and of how receptive people in the community are about taking part on surveys I thought joining a forum would be useful .

Are there many other member that don’t have diabetes in the forum?? Or is it a rare thing?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
To get a better understanding of the condition so I’m not completely clueless and be able to help if she needs.
Thank you for that, it's very nice to have people with some understanding!
Are there many other member that don’t have diabetes in the forum?? Or is it a rare thing?
We have quite a few, often family members, sometimes others who are interested. And of course we have a lot of members who have their diabetes in remission by diet, so as long as they keep up the diet they don't see diabetic numbers.
Also because she had the idea to do our project topic on people with diabetes.
You're free to ask away about anything which interests you from a personal point of view, and you can chip in in threads if you like, but be mindful that any research for your project, whether it be a survey or just a question, needs prior approval from our head office.
Should you wish to post a research thread, please send a message to one of the moderators and we'll send you the form to fill out to apply for approval. :)

Reactions: EllieM

UKrelic

- What is your name?
Andy but mst call me something much less polite
- How old are you?
Male
UK
Essex
- Are you religious?
Not at all
Miserable pesimistic and grumpy
- Do you have any pets?
dog
- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft
Bg disapointment to my father as hate sport
Not so much now i am older and wiser
No
Pink Floyd Led Zepplin Amy Lee Motothead scorpians
rock
None people fight over them too much
- Ever gone camping?
yes
- Ever been in love?
yes and still am
- Ever used fake tan?
No
Saudi Arabia Jordan Israil Egypt France Monaco Spain Germany Belgium Itally Austria Iceland UK Thailand Signapore Malayisa Burma Laos and the Isle of Wight
- Favourite city?
Bangkok
News 24
The wall dont like watching films so just that one
- Are you wealthy?
Some would say yes i would say not compared to Elon Musk
Yes doing what ever i can to support my family
Biology and geology
I am always right
My age

Have fun![/QUOTE]

Reactions: jjraak
Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you for that, it's very nice to have people with some understanding!

We have quite a few, often family members, sometimes others who are interested. And of course we have a lot of members who have their diabetes in remission by diet, so as long as they keep up the diet they don't see diabetic numbers.

You're free to ask away about anything which interests you from a personal point of view, and you can chip in in threads if you like, but be mindful that any research for your project, whether it be a survey or just a question, needs prior approval from our head office.
Should you wish to post a research thread, please send a message to one of the moderators and we'll send you the form to fill out to apply for approval. :)

It’s great to know there are some others like me :). that’s great that people are in remission! Are those in remission Type 2 or can people with both Type 1 and Type 2 be in remission?

Thanks for the information about the guidelines for surveys it was really helpful!

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are those in remission Type 2 or can people with both Type 1 and Type 2 be in remission?
Remission is usually defined as having normal blood glucose (either completely non diabetic or in the pre-diabetic range, depending on who you ask) without needing medication.
A T1 can never go without insulin, because the pancreas has stopped producing it. So no remission, although for some non diabetic numbers are achievable.

AutisticMum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
First person shooter games such as COD.

- What is your name?
Vanessa
- How old are you?
Genderfluid

UK
Hampshire
- Are you religious?
Not very
Idiosyncratic- I'm an oddball. Caring.
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Not sure what you're asking
I have osteoarthritis so can't play sport
Depends.
Earings
That's a tough question
Don't have one
Don't have one
- Ever gone camping
Yes. Used to love camping as a teenager
- Ever been in love
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
No
France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands
- Favourite city?
Don't have one
- Are you wealthy?
No
I'm an unpaid/family carer caring for my 3 disabled young adult kids
Materials Engineering, Welsh, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science ( in the 80s), French, German, History, and several other subjects to different levels
My osteoarthritis

Have fun!

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

KevinBKnowles

-
- What is your name? Kevin B knowles
- How old are you? 78
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? England
- Which city/area do you live in? Soth Yorkshire
- Are you religious? lapsed
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Friendly open happy
- Do you have any pets? yes 4 cats
- Microsoft or Apple? Micro soft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? I played football, athletics
- Do you get angry easily? no
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? no
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Any rap
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? old fashion rock and roll
- What is your favourite flag? George Cross
- Ever gone camping? yes
- Ever been in love? yes
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited? too many to mention
- Favourite city? York
- List your five favourite TV programmes. not a fan of tv
- Are you wealthy? no
- Do you work? If so, as what? no
- List the subjects you study/have studied. HNC electical engineering
- What do you like most about yourself? size
- What do you like least about yourself? size

Have fun!

ramquill194

Type of diabetes
Type 2

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

RosemaryJackson

Hello. I'm Rosemary, 83 and diagnosed type 2 in 2009. Which I didn't believe and took no notice of until March 2021 when I lost my daughter aged 51 to a Brainstorm Haemorrhage and on her death certificate in 2nd place was Diabetes Mellitus. I was told that diabetes causes the vascular system to become more fragile. That made me sit up and take notice. So now I follow a low carb diet and take my bg tests every day. It's surprisingly easy to follow low carb and you do lose your sweet tooth. Which for me is a bonus as my sweeth tooth loved chocolate and cakes and biscuits. It also gives you a chance to experiment with foods you would probably never have tried before. I look at the 'what have you eaten today' thread as I get good ideas from it. Keep up the good work!