- Are you male or female?

Female

- Which country are you from?

UK

- Which city/area do you live in?

Portsmouth

- Are you religious?

No

- Pick three words to describe your personality.

Honest, Stubborn, Approachable

- Do you have any pets?

2 dogs, Thor and Xena, 2 cats Yoda and Fizzgig

- Microsoft or Apple?

Microsoft

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?

Walking, Darts, anything with my kids.

- Do you get angry easily?

Never

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?

Numerous, Sunderland crest, kids names, hubbys name with demons head :) dragon and bonking rabbits and bonking geese on either side of clevage

- List your five favourite musicians/bands.

The Shadows
Motorhead
Queen
Black Sabbath
Ozzy

- What would you say your favourite music genre is?

Listen to most stuff

- What is your favourite flag?

None

- Ever gone camping?

Yes, I hate it.

- Ever been in love?

Yes, and still am

- Ever used fake tan?

No.

- Which countries have you visited?

None (unless the Isle of Wight counts)

- Favourite city?

None

- List your five favourite TV programmes.

The Chase
Holby
Casualty

- List your five favourite films.

The King and I
An Officer and a Gentleman
Bambi
Armageddon
Mama Mia

- Are you wealthy?

I don't have money but I have everything I want

- Do you work? If so, as what?

I work in IT

- List the subjects you study/have studied.

Level 3 NVQ computer Networks, Degree in the same subject, currently studying masters degree in Computer Security

- What do you like most about yourself?

Determination, sense of humour, honesty

- What do you like least about yourself?

I dont like to ask for help.

Thistlelicker

Hi! I'm thistle! I'm a type 2 insulin dependant. I've been diabetic about 6 years. On insulin for around 18months! My hba1c has dropped from 88 to 55 to 49! Go me!just looking for a good support forum to give me a boost. Hope everyone is well!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Hi thistle, welcome and keep up the good work. Since last week, where I underwent major changes, I've been churning out my best, most consistent results. I'm Mart, type 1 and diagnosed just over 3 years ago. My weight, BMI and blood pressure have all fallen in line as a direct result, as well as my INR anti-coagulation results for my warfarin/portal vein thrombosis/blood clot results. A bit like like "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves". Just starting to get all my ducks in a line and it feels good. I also feel good and much healthier.
Good luck with your quest. You'll find the group to be very understanding, helpful and knowledgable, as we all have slightly different experiences and varying times spent living with diabetes.

Cheers

Mart.

WendyT1963

Hi, I'm Wendy from Bournemouth,49yrs old, have Type 2 Diabetes, currently controlled with Metformin, and have just joined you in the last few minutes.

I would love to her from anyone who suffers as I do with a weight problem, fatigue, aching limbs which has got progressively worse sincee diagnosed (12 months ago). Also would love to know if anyone has experienced Endobarrier - which I have just tripped over from reading some diabetic info.. Has anyone had this done? Did it cost you? and if so (pardon me from being rude) roughly how much?, where did you have it done?, did it hurt? has it affected your diabetes? have you lost weight?

Thank you if you are reading this, hope to hear from some of you.

kind regards

Wendy

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! Bournemouth, is the Manchester Hotel still there?

@myroomsadisco

michelled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?***** Michelle :wave:
- How old are you? ****** 41
- Are you male or female?***** female
- Which country are you from?**** uk
- Which city/area do you live in?****** just outside London
- Are you religious?****** in my own way yes
- Pick three words to describe your personality.**** funny, honest, q....wirky :crazy:
- Do you have any pets?**** too many to list
- Microsoft or Apple?***** microapple
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?**** attempting the gym
- Do you get angry easily?**** **** yeah... you'd better run!! :twisted:
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?****tattoos on whole of back and thigh
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.***** george michael
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?**** totally mixed up
- What is your favourite flag?**** stars and stripes
- Ever gone camping?****** ewww never
- Ever been in love?***** sure
- Ever used fake tan?**** a bit
- Which countries have you visited?*** usa, mediteranian, barbados
- Favourite city?***** Barcelona
- List your five favourite TV programmes.*** real life documentarys
- List your five favourite films. top gun**** cant beat it
- Are you wealthy?***** loaded, money? nah....
- Do you work? If so, as what?**** a chef
- What do you like most about yourself?**** my eyes
- What do you like least about yourself?**** everything below my eyes :roll:
:clap:

BeckieMarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :)
- What is your name? Beckie
- How old are you? 17
- Are you male or female? female
- Which country are you from? GB
- Which city/area do you live in? South east (Hampshire)
- Are you religious? Nope
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Good sense of humour...(I think), friendly and easy to talk to.
- Do you have any pets? Yes...bernese mountain dog, 5 chickens and 2 hamsters!
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft!
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Really into rugby and boxing.
- Do you get angry easily? Not really :)
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Only piercings: Ears, cartilage on right ear, facial dermal implant, lip, nose and belly button.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Metallica, Papa Roach, Slipknot, Machine Head, Jessie J & Volbeat.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Rock
- Ever gone camping? Yes, mainly at festivals
- Ever used fake tan? No, would come out so orange as I'm so pale! lol
- Which countries have you visited? France and Spain.
- Favourite city? London
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Game of Thrones, Supernatural, South Park & Spartacus.
- List your five favourite films. LOTR, The Green Hornet, Kick-Ass, Shaun of the Dead, Get Him To The Greek & Clerks 2.
- Are you wealthy? Nope!
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes, part-time in Argos
- List the subjects you study/have studied. GCSE's so the normal English, Maths and so on. AS's included Business Studies, Art and History.

Tri-Dude

Dislikes
People without a clue.
Hi Everyone, I will just try to answer the questions to be more complete if you don't mind...

- What is your name? Tri-Dude (Steve);- How old are you? 49;- Are you male or female? M;- Which country are you from? USA;- Which city/area do you live in? COPENHAGEN, DK; - Are you religious? NOT VERY; - Pick three words to describe your personality. NICE, DIPLOMATIC, PROFESSIONAL; - Do you have any pets? DOG - NOVA SCOTIA DUCK TOLLING RETRIEVER (NAMED ELVIS);
- Microsoft or Apple? APPLE FOR PRIVATE LIFE, PC FOR WORK; - Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? FITNESS TRAINING;
- Do you get angry easily? NO, BUT DON'T ASK ME AGAIN... ; - Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? NO, BUT IF SHE HAS SOME IT IS OK WITH ME ;-) - List your five favourite musicians/bands. NEIL FINN, DAMIEN RICE, CROWDED HOUSE, BEATLES, STONES; - What would you say your favourite music genre is? ALT ROCK (Brit Rock); - What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping? YES;- Ever been in love? YES AND BEEN BROKEN TOO; - Ever used fake tan? NO, I TAN JUST FINE THANKS;
- Which countries have you visited? FRANCE, GERMANY, SPAIN, ITALY, GREECE, SCOTLAND, IRELAND, (ENGLAND OF COURSE), THAILAND, MAURITIUS, NUMEROUS CARIBBEAN ISLANDS
- Favourite city? PARIS
- List your five favourite TV programmes. THE DAILY SHOW, 2½ MEN, TOP GEAR, NEWS...
- List your five favourite films. BLADE RUNNER, WHEN HARRY MET SALLY, THE NOTEBOOK, I LIKE TO MANY FILMS TO LIST;
- Are you wealthy? NO, BUT VERY COMFORTABLE

I HAVE HAD TYPE 1 FOR 2½ YEARS, BUT HAD IT MANY MORE. I HAVE PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY, BEEN OPERATED ON IN MY LEGS TO DECOMPRESS THE NERVES TO GET RID OF PAIN. I NEVER GIVE UP... I MAY FEEL DOWN SOMETIMES, BUT I ALWAYS PICK MYSELF UP.

ktbott

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
Maybe later
- What is your name?
Katie
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
Female
- Which country are you from?
UK
- Which city/area do you live in?
Herefordshire
- Are you religious?
Born and brought up a catholic, slightly lapsed
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
organised, personable, fun
- Do you have any pets?
Loads, including 3 cats, 1 dog, goldfish and chickens
- Microsoft or Apple?
Neither, Open Source all the way
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
Tennis, netball, rugby
- Do you get angry easily?
Yes, I'm female
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
No tatts, but my rebellious youth resulted in hundreds of ear piercings
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Queen, Jimi Hendrix, RHCP, Maroon 5, Tracy Chapman
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Soft rock
- What is your favourite flag?
Erm, Union Jack?
- Ever gone camping?
Yes, and hate it
- Ever been in love?
Currently, with my husband
- Ever used fake tan?
Only for special occasions
- Which countries have you visited?
Australia, Hong Kong, Germany, France, Spain, Greece, South Afirca, Zimbabwe, Zambia
- Favourite city?
Barcelona or Edinburgh
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
Don't get to watch much TV with 3 kids, but like comedies and crime
- List your five favourite films.
Dogma, Aladdin, Lord of the Rings, James Bond Films, Life of Pi
- Are you wealthy?
Not financially, no
Yes, run my own Marketing and PR agency
English, History and Theology degree
Ability to get things done/ multitask
The amount I worry about things

Dislikes
Being disabled... & disempowered!
Here goes... enjoy?!!!!

- What is your name? -- Lucja (Loosha)
- How old are you? -- I am 43 *gulps*
- Are you male or female? -- Female
- Which country are you from? -- UK (despite my wierd & wonderful name... which is Polish btw)
- Which city/area do you live in? -- Rugby, Warwickshire
- Are you religious? -- religious? No. Spiritual? Yes.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. -- lovely, lovely & lovely :wink:
- Do you have any pets? -- Oh yes... four cats. Two gingers (Bob & Colin), one black (Wedge), one brown (Thornton).
- Microsoft or Apple? -- Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? -- ???
- Do you get angry easily? -- No :)
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? -- No... but I want a baby dragonfly tattoo.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.-- Can't for fear of prejudice :wink:
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? -- As above.
- What is your favourite flag? -- Can I include flagging a cab and it stoppping here? Lol.
- Ever gone camping? -- Yes... but it is very wrong :wink:
- Ever been in love? -- Erm... yes.
- Ever used fake tan? -- Erm... no.
- Which countries have you visited? -- Kenya, Sri Lanka, USA, Spain, France, Germany, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco, Greece, Scotland, Wales & Ireland.
- Favourite city? -- Lived in London so I guess... erm... Edinburgh :wink:
- List your five favourite TV programmes. -- ???
- List your five favourite films. -- Shawshank Redemption, Dead Poets, Steel Magnolias, Overboard, Fried Green Tomatoes, Dirty Dancing, The Advocate & anything spiritual/supernatural.
- Are you wealthy? -- I wish :wink:
- Do you work? If so, as what? -- Can't tell you for fear of prejudice :wink:
- List the subjects you study/have studied. -- lots. I am extremely well educated (don't you know). Lol.
- What do you like most about yourself? -- Myself :wink:
- What do you like least about yourself?[/quote] -- My health issues/challenges. Diabetes is just one (sadly).

Love 'n' light -- Lucja xxx

Tartankisses

FIT LIKE :)

[- What is your name? Angie-
How old are you? 42
- Are you male or female? female
- Which country are you from? Scotland
- Which city/area do you live in? Aberdeen
- Are you religious? no
- Do you have any pets? A dog (Lhaso Apso called Molly )
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Do you get angry easily? nope
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? no tattoos and only my ears are pierced :)
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Staid,Matchbox Twenty, Kings of Leon, Adele, Emeli Sandi
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Rock
- Ever gone camping? yep
- Ever been in love? yep
- Ever used fake tan? yep
- Which countries have you visited? France, Amsterdam, tenerife, Italy, Switzerland
- Favourite city? ABERDEEN
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Emmerdale, Corrie,Eastenders, River city, Geordie Shore lol
- List your five favourite films. Grease, Dirty Dancing, Pretty woman, 51st state, Face off
- Are you wealthy? I Wish lol
- Do you work? If so, as what? I was a self employed taxi driver until June 2010 when I lost my sight to diabetes ( diabetic retinopathy)
- What do you like most about yourself? My silly/funny hunour :)
- What do you like least about yourself?[/quote] being fat and mega over weight :(

Have fun![/quote]

Clarkej

Hi Wendy
..I had the endo barrier in December 2011
And taken out December 2012
I lost 4 stone and still losing ..I also took fresh lemon juice in water each day to counteract the acid problem
I had no ill effects it made me eat less and still the same to this day ..I did research on it and decided it was the better option for ..my medication has been reduced by 3/4's and am looking to be off medication soon ..my HCB levels have been normal since the week I had it fitted ..and to me it was a godsend ....I highly recommend it but accept all bodies are different to the way they react to anything ..but for me ..brilliant

Clarkej

WendyT1963 said:
Hi, I'm Wendy from Bournemouth,49yrs old, have Type 2 Diabetes, currently controlled with Metformin, and have just joined you in the last few minutes.

I would love to her from anyone who suffers as I do with a weight problem, fatigue, aching limbs which has got progressively worse sincee diagnosed (12 months ago). Also would love to know if anyone has experienced Endobarrier - which I have just tripped over from reading some diabetic info.. Has anyone had this done? Did it cost you? and if so (pardon me from being rude) roughly how much?, where did you have it done?, did it hurt? has it affected your diabetes? have you lost weight?

Thank you if you are reading this, hope to hear from some of you.

kind regards

Wendy

CarbAddict

Type 2 since one year... Reading last year 8 something.... Two months ago 10.6... Got advised 2 500 mg metformin a day with meals. Have only taken 3 metformin tabs since been given by docs as it made me sick...instead went on low carb diet. Have lost 9 kilos of weight, mainly belly. Went to docs today...he loved the progress and asked me to destroy metformin and wants me to continue in what I am doing. My cholstrol level was 3 and BP 120 2 months ago......only the sugar levels i had to control. Type 2 Insuling Resistance...docs said my insult resistance would correct completely after more 5 kg weight loss. I am 5 feet 8 inch tall with 83 kg current weight. He also mentioned that my pancreas will repair in 3 months time...I do not eat any grains, red meat, rice.. No alcohol.....also I walked 8 miles a day...with the speed of 15 mins per mile... Now since on low carb I walk 4 miles a day and with a little slower speed. My main source of protein are Fish, Pulses and Nuts. My Carbs come from, uncooked green vegetables, tomatoes...and fruits and since I need to get my fat used up I am not eating too much fat right now apart from olive oil and some fat I get from nuts......ie butter, ghee, cheese. Since low carb... My sugar level has never gone above 6 infact it has been in the range of 4 and 5.3 almost all the time... Before or after meals or in between meals...Only in the mornings on the lower side of the range. Low carb nakes ne drink a lot of water. I have stopped consuming alcohol too... I was not sure about this this but my docs seemed to be very happy...only more time will tell how better I get.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Malian

Hi am Malian. My hubby has recently been diagnosed with type 2. We are at our wits end with very little advice from our GP or practice nurse. What was given was conflicting. Don't know if we should be limiting carbs or not. Nurse said to portion plates with biggest portion Carbs, potatoes, rice or pasta. His blood sugars are around 10 whilst on Metformin(1 per day). He is feeling exhausted all the time. Eating porridg eor weetabix with fruit for breakfast yet having hypos in work by 10 am. Any suggestions please?

bluntness43

Hi everyone, my son Jayden (11years) was diagnosed type 1, 5 months ago, we have just started to carb count which is confusing! Tonight he came home from footy training after having a snack before he went and a couple of units, when he came home and did his bloods for dinner his meter just read HI and even after 4 attempts there was no change!! Any help please?? Kim.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

gomajean49

Hi, I am new to this website. My name is Jean and I have type 2 diabetes. Diagnosed in 1994. I started treatment on Metformin then Rosiglitazone was added for a few years, I then did lighter life and lost 5 1/2 stone and came off most meds :thumbup: - great, but over the four years since loosing the weight I have put 4 1/2 back on :( so now my blood sugar levels have gone up again and I am back on Metformin and overweight again. I am 64 this year am married and have 3 sons and 6 grandchildren aged from 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 17. I retired at 57 to look after the 7 yearold as a baby and now look after the 4 youngest after school and pre-school 3 days a week, phew! very stressful at my age, and at my weight. So now I am on this website I want to ask if anyone has lost weight with "Slimming World" I have done most weight loss programmes and always put weight back on after any loss, usualy 1-2 stone each time. Slimming world recommend eating carbs and I would like to know if anyone has followed this diet and lost weight dispite eating carbs. Hoping to get a positive reply but understand there may be negative ones too! :wave: