Is being homeless good for diabetes.

LittleWolf

People asked the question, I gave scientifically backed answers. World leaders agree with me, politicians agree with me, doctors agreed with me, scientists agreed with me; cannabis has UNDENiABLE health benefits, is safer than many legal pharmaceuticals, alcohol and tobacco and it's legal status is nonsensical as it does not do a fraction of the damage to society as alcohol has. In fact it has worked medical miracles like curing cancer.

Mart, all you have had to contribute is talking about how you testing positive for cannabis could result in you losing your job. That has nothing to do with any physiological effect of cannabis, that is your work policy and legal implication. Not everyone is subject to drug testing, not that anyone should be intoxicated at work anyway. Poppy seeds can cause you to have a false positive whilst testing for heroin- I'd worry about consuming those in excess. Smoking cannabis does not mean you have no life.

I am also saddened by your personal attacks on collective cannabis smokers. If we cannot criticise drinkers despite the VERY VERY OBVIOUS problems alcohol causes in society we see everywhere (crime, hospital admissions, the scene on any city street with a bar after 8pm or even in the middle of the day) If we are not allowed to generalise, neither should you. Stop tantrumming about your occupational barrier from using cannabis (which doesn't even have to involve smoking for the uninformed) and focus on the facts- how does cannabis really effect the body?

Also if someone abuses cannabis (if you can use alcohol 'sensibly' you an sure as hell do the same with cannabis and be functional

You name call, start this hissy-fit of a thread and have grown very fond of passive aggressiveness or outright sarcasm, now name calling.

Say I stink or I will never amount to anything as a user, whatever.

It doesn't change the fact that millions of cancer patients, glaucoma sufferers, MS sufferers, eating disorder sufferers, those hopelessly addicted to liver destroying addictive, downright lethal opioid legal drugs etc have benefitted from cannabis. It was a pharmacy mainstay until 1937.

Can I announce to the entire board that I was intensely suicidal from the age of 12 to 16, was anorexic, healyh im a very dagerously bad way,failing in my studies and uninterested in saving my own life or any prospect for the future.

Now I can cope with life despite having a number of conditions, manage my pain, I am now doing a combined honours degree, have 2 freelance jobs on the side, keep active by horse riding, yoga and dance and discovered a passion for music (play 5 instruments)

Before, I was totally isolated and without any motivation or joy in life. I was walking in to traffic hoping to get hit daily.

Cannabis saved my life. If someone is silly with any drug be it alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, MDMA they will be silly regardless. If they have a problem with addiction, the legality of the drug does not change that. If the person has a problem and cannot function as a result they have a problem. If it isn't heroin its acid, if it's not acid it's OxyContin.

Everyone apparently has some sort of recreational indulgence or medicinal crutch. The majority of people's (And yours) is alcohol. It is a TOXIN. If you can sensibly have a few drinks without getting 'piefaced' (though this has nothing to do with how your body is being affected) then we can have a few joints and the potential benefit of that for some of us could be way more that a few round at the pub could.

I believe I have constructed my arguments, replied to you directly and made efforts to keep a formal, information-based tone in the Marijuana thread in a mature, calm, balanced and cautionary way. I hope you understand I don't advocate the reckless use of ANY drug and particularly hate hard drugs like amphetamines and opiates which are regularly prescribed to people regardless of the risk.

If I as an autistic girl barely out of her teens can convey such, then the same is expected of you.

I cain also not be blamed for dragging a meaningful and informative debate into personal bickering and also creating an issue /outside / the original thread, which as aforementioned, I have endeavoured to keep sensible rather than letting it slip into indulgent 'pothead chat'

I hope the rest of you appreciate this and understand Mart is ranting about his personal circumstances and misinformation in a petty and personal way rather than actually talking about the effects of an unjustly demonised plant. I also hope you actually took the time to read this post and remember that we are all human beings and our views should not be invalidated because the world has clearly got the classification of ALOT of drugs all wrong. That being said, Is it fair to marginalise cocodamol users because heroin is illegal? It clearly helps, otherwise they wouldn't prescribe it to you; but the fact it could very easily kill you is irrelevant.

It's legal, so it's ok.

I think that has been fair. I never had anything personally against you, but you continue to be immature and personal. I a, sorry you are going through a difficult time in your life. I have it very hard right now too. Just let's stop this silliness right here.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
LW, thanks for missing the entire point! It's not about you.

My wife has cancer and I'm concerned. I don't and don't want to know you. Thanks for the hatred, I'll never use that poison, I spend my time responsibly as a husband and dad. I haven't a problem with users, but diabetic kids read this. Please consider what you advocate. Thankfully my daughters NEVER visit this website. They are intelligent anough anyway. Do what you want, but please stop ramming it down the throat of others. This post isn't even about you, rather my being ignored. Keep well. X

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
I have never ranted on this site. I seek to inform and help. I am not aggressive in nature, but can and will defend myself and my family. So sue me.

LittleWolf

Honestly, Mart I am sorry for what you, your wife and the rest of your family are going through. We all know someone who has experienced cancer and it's sad that it's expected more of use will be diagnosed with it in the future.

I am not trying to be argumentative but please remember alcohol is a poison. Im not sure how you could call it such after it brought me back from the brink of starving or bleeding myself to death. Cannabis is a plant full of resin and oils and in all seriousness I plead with you to investigate the studies showing cannabis' effect on cancerous tumours and lesions. Anything that could alleviate your wife. Please think logically- the drugs they will likely prescribe her or chemotherapy is 1000x worse than anything cannabis could do. Bear it in mind should things (god forbid) get more difficult.

I understand it wasnt a personal rant against me but the blanket insults hurt .

But I understand you're hurting too.

I am simply staying within the thread with regard to anything marijuana related and answering questions. People have been asking recently, some requesting a summary so I have been responding accordingly. Your points were also addressed or countered appropriately.

I still feel this thread is needless and inflammatory, however it's clear everyone is stressed about their individual offline issues and set in their ways.

Im sorry your family is suffering and I'm sorry if I have contributed to that. Don't forget to take care of yourself

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Guys, please don't get personal. By all means have a constructive discussion, We ALL have our views and experiences on this subject , so please try to keep the thread pleasant. Thank you.

RRB

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
LW / RRB,

Thank you for your consideration.

I am not nasty and I think I have had to go SO far to even get my point across. Those who don't get where I am cominh from, please ignore this post/thread. LW, I don't want to take drugs and never will. I couldn't give a hoot about it's restorative powers at all. I have too much self respect. Yes, alcohol's bad, hmmmkay, so is junk food and green vegatables for me as they are high in vitamin K and I have PVT and bllod clots. I'm not very impressionable and most naughty things I've done by now, including a few J's, fact is I don't like it. Please accept this.

Mart

alex_dgarcia

Dislikes
Unkind people, bad odor, diabetes mellitus (hehe), injecting insulin, douche bags
Hello Martwolves. I feel I have to defend myself as I am the one who posted the topic on marijuana and diabetes. The topic became popular because people care about it. The majority of people have responded positively. I'm not saying it's good or bad. What I'm saying is that there's a possibility that it's good and I'm an optimistic person so I hope more research could be done. I respect every opinion and reply to that post, may it be pro or anti. And I'm sure people didn't take your comment for granted.

And I'm sorry to hear about your wife.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Alex, thanks for your kind words! I love a decent debate. While people often agree to disagree, I'm sure from the many different replies you have a greater knowledge than asking a couple of people. The replies and life-experience to be found on a forum such as this offer a whole world of knowledge and experience. Good luck and all the very best. Thanks for getting in touch.

I do try not to coerce others, but offer my own experience. If I have no knowledge I'll steer clear. I'm pretty thick-skinned and I do try not to antagonise others, yet I have come across the wrong way a couple of times and the message has been misconstrued. I try to be clearer than I would in a verbal conversation.

Mart.

alex_dgarcia

Dislikes
Unkind people, bad odor, diabetes mellitus (hehe), injecting insulin, douche bags
I'm glad you cleared that up. And don't worry about how you may seem to other people, it's their false judgment. Thank you, too, Martwolves. Good luck! :)