Is being homeless good for diabetes.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
If I took cannabis/hemp/resin/marijuana I would lose my job and home and probably my family and many friends. If was I tested positive for an illegal substance I would lose these things. I know the risks and this is factual based information based on the contract I signed upon joining the railway.
Is it worth me paying attention based on the benefits of this and commit crime and by proxy line drug dealers pockets, which is also illegal in this country. As a side issue, I feel a bit down being diabetic, if I ingested lighter-fluid I wouldn't care so much. It's legal to buy lighter-fluid and super-glue. If I sniffed the bag at home is this beneficial to me as a diabetic?
This isn't tongue in cheek, it's a real issue, like aerosol/substance abuse. I manage myself well, but if I listened to peoples advice and took it to a tribunal, they'd tell me to **** off as I've signed a legally binding contract. FACT. Take advice on here with consideration as to whether they are justifying their habits through this forum or giving good advice. Know the rules and your own responsibility and circumstance before hailing any 'prophet' who gives you the answer you want to hear.

Be careful, forewarned is forearmed. Some advocates are extremely knowledgeable to the nth degree, but cannot or will not see things from an opposing viewpoint.

Love to ALL.

Mart.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Live and let live Mart ! I'm fairly new to this forum but I've noticed that some people enjoy arguing for arguments sake. Then there are those who are holier than thou ! Some are super intelligent whilst orhers just know everything lol !
Ultimately, stick to your morals, accept considered advice, learn to filter info quickly, listen to others and understand that what some consider normal, some consider strange !
Having said that, there is more good here than bad. I have had some great advice and help and I've also made some friends. That's the beauty of forums. Learned folk and lunatic roam freely.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If YOU break the terms of YOUR employment, YOU must suffer the consequences.

Cannabis/hemp/resin/marijuana/solvents/aerosols are NOT responsible for your actions and their repercussions. YOU are.

Now, if (when?), marijuana becomes legal and is prescribed as a treatment for diabetes, YOU will need to decide what is more important to you:

Your health, or your salary?

The truth is, marijuana is NOT the only effective treatment for diabetes, the same way that working in an industry with specific, (stringent) substance controls is NOT the only way to make a living.

We all make our own choices, and we all must be happy with those choices. The only person we're answerable to, in the end, is ourselves.

Peace, Love and CHOICES.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I'm a law abiding husband/father/grown-up. I am strong enough to live within legal limits, Andy. Month, you know the score (I'm not correcting autotext, cba), yes some people think their **** don't stink and they walk on water. I wanted a post where someone listens to the alternative instead of this sheep-herd blah, blah, blah mentality of someone with limited life-skills, parental responsibility and being a professional. I put my friends and family first, always. I've seen selfish pot-head/alky parents, not mine thankfully and despise them. I have a pint or two when I catch up with my best mate. He lives in Mancland, I work in brum, so maybe 3 times a month and we have a couple, sometimes 3. Some Judge/juror/jury said I'm as bad as a pot-head **** stinking dope-head because of this! Are they serious? When did it begin to be illegal to have a sociable pint? BTW, we were meant to meet in Brum last night, but I felt too tired and my Manc meeting is cancelled, so it'll be once this month if at all. I'm not crawling the walls or mugging old ladies in the meantime either as it's not a habit. I'm sick of being labelled a 'drinker' because I can enjoy a pint without getting pie-eyed. I gave my car to my daughter last year on eighteenth. I'm not knob-headed enough to drink and drive/mess about with cars/machinery.

Love you all!

Word of the day? Month.

Mart

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Still don't understand what your point is!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
See "is marijuana good for diabetes" thread. See how no one acknowleges any of my responses, or does for a day and becaused they've been zoning out, forgot anything about anyone other than than their weed-stinking wonderful selves. Cannabis users stink. Fact. Like wee!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Thanks for engaging! Andy/Mothman, I love you guys! Thanks for reading. I'm a grown up fed up of being ignored to pro propaganda, is all. W mids, english, love to everyone, even those who will hijack this!

Mart

DaveNN

martwolves said:
Thanks for engaging! Andy/Mothman, I love you guys! Thanks for reading. I'm a grown up fed up of being ignored to pro propaganda, is all. W mids, english, love to everyone, even those who will hijack this!

Mart

Hijack what?

As this is a discussion forum you can and must expect discussions to meander...and sometimes go off topic.
That's the very nature of a discussion.

I never had a scalextric when I was a kid..I preferred TCR ( switch lane racers), would be a such an example.

C

catherinecherub

martwolves said:
If I took cannabis/hemp/resin/marijuana I would lose my job and home and probably my family and many friends. If was I tested positive for an illegal substance I would lose these things. I know the risks and this is factual based information based on the contract I signed upon joining the railway.
Is it worth me paying attention based on the benefits of this and commit crime and by proxy line drug dealers pockets, which is also illegal in this country. As a side issue, I feel a bit down being diabetic, if I ingested lighter-fluid I wouldn't care so much. It's legal to buy lighter-fluid and super-glue. If I sniffed the bag at home is this beneficial to me as a diabetic?
This isn't tongue in cheek, it's a real issue, like aerosol/substance abuse. I manage myself well, but if I listened to peoples advice and took it to a tribunal, they'd tell me to **** off as I've signed a legally binding contract. FACT. Take advice on here with consideration as to whether they are justifying their habits through this forum or giving good advice. Know the rules and your own responsibility and circumstance before hailing any 'prophet' who gives you the answer you want to hear.

Be careful, forewarned is forearmed. Some advocates are extremely knowledgeable to the nth degree, but cannot or will not see things from an opposing viewpoint.

Love to ALL.

Mart.

Mart is telling us how he feels about the "Is Marijuana good for diabetics" thread to which he contributed several times.

DaveNN

Yorksman said:
Andy12345 said:
is it just me or is anyone else confused?

Do you ever have custard with your jelly?

Sometimes....though I used to drink the stuff out of a pint pot..that and Carnation milk.

Perhaps, in hindsight, it wasn't the most healthiest thing to do...

Also, when quite tipsy, I used to treat ( in my own view) my better half to a rendition of the theme tune to the "hair bear bunch"...

DaveNN

Mart is telling us how he feels about the "Is Marijuana good for diabetics" thread to which he contributed several times.[/quote]

Oh..I missed that one. It sounds most interesting.
I will have a look..that said, I have never touched that muck and never will.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
that was what my dad said ALL the time, especially with hIs diabetes lol, R.I.P.

WhitbyJet

Andy12345 said:
i dont think im allowed custard :( shame

Oh yes, you are allowed custard :)

Pouring custard - Use a thermometer in the pan all the time.

300 ml Cream
3 egg yolks or more depending on thickness wanted
sweetener
vanilla essence/extract or other flavouring of your choice, eg banana

Heat cream, sweetener and flavouring to about 65 degrees
Whisk yolks in a separate bowl

Temper the yolks by slowly pouring the heated cream into them whisking all the time, until about 1/2 of the cream has been whisked in, then pour all back into the pan, whisk until all combined.

Slowly AND I mean SLOWLY bring the temperature up to 80 dg C, this should take about 10 minutes, stirring ALL THE TIME, it will begin to thicken.

Notes:
Use a thermometer all the time, Stir all the time, else you will get sweet scrambled eggs ! lol
Cover with plastic film on top of the mix when cooling to prevent a skin. It will thicken more on cooling.
It isn't difficult to make, just got to have patience

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
catherinecherub said:
martwolves said:

Love to ALL.

Mart.

Mart is telling us how he feels about the "Is Marijuana good for diabetics" thread to which he contributed several times.

Mart I was confused too but I hope I have understood it now. Lighter fuel is legal because it is supposed to be used for , filling up a lighter. Glue. for sticking things /objects together, people have their different ways of dealing with life, as I have said on the other thread, I saw what Cannabis did and how it affected people, not nice. Some people are more prone to go down another path. The smokers, drinkers, gamblers can always justify why it's not a problem and that they are in control of what they do and not the other way around, but you know who (or what,( a substance) is really in control.

Mart has made a very good point about justifying habits or giving 'good' advice. What baffles me is the way people are giving out information on how to use it, which way to use it, buying the correct weed, the different strengths etc when I know there are websites out there that are all about the use of marijuana/cannabis/weed and I feel they would be better 'justifying' their usage on there, rather than on a Diabetes forum, especially when there are young people posting on the forum and could be very venerable. I'm off my soapbox now :roll:

Mart, hang in there, all the best RRB

No one can go back and make a new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.