Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just in case it looked as though I was having a sulk, and not responding
It didn't look like you were at all!
In fact, both your first post on here and your latest one caused some disruption in my household because me suddenly bursting out in laughter alarms my dogs and cats, which means I have to try and coax the cat to not leave my lap while trying to convince the dogs to shut up because no, there isn't something bad outside, I was just enjoying the company of some foreign lady inside my computer.
Right after my last post in this thread, I was ‘frozen out’ in that I was not able to login. For three whole days! I am guessing that was just a coincidence. ;);):hilarious::bag::arghh:
Very tempting to leave you guessing but it wouldn't be ethical I fear.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/log-in-issues.184963/#post-2457272
Are you bored enough to report this nonsense thread (with lies too!) to give my colleagues something to do?
Ps. I was disappointed that we couldn’t chastise a mod who had admitted to telling lies.
;):hilarious:
In fact, were my post to be misunderstood, and you thought I was criticising, you could do me with a C10. :bag::bag:. “10. Creating forum content, with the intent of criticising Moderators will not be tolerated.” Or even C12 “Entering a discussion to belittle or discredit someone”.
What about you won't report me for telling lies and derailing a thread that was derailing to begin with and I won't report you on C10?
Sounds fair to me! :D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What about you won't report me for telling lies and derailing a thread that was derailing to begin with and I won't report you on C10?
Sounds fair to me! :D
Will quit while I am winning. Coz I think you have potential to cause more disruption to my participation. ;)

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A swift change of subject
Talk of pea whack soup has me drooling. I generally eat low carb, but make an exception for pea whack.
Though it doesn’t sound as appetising if you consider the latin for pea is
Pisum sativum

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd never heard of pea whack soup, but a quick google search told me it must be rather similar to our Dutch erwtensoep or 'snert'. Snert is funnily enough a synonym for something rubbish: snertweer (rubbish weather), snertdag (rubbish day) snertbaas (rubbish boss) and so on!
I agree with making exceptions for the soup though!
In the Netherlands it's traditionally eaten with a very dark and dense rye bread with thin slices of pork belly, not smoked cold like bacon but smoked warm to cook it as well as smoke it. I love it, and it's exactly the right weather for snert!

1699727891.jpg

Reactions: Hopeful34 and Pipp

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The sound of the names we give to food makes me wonder: snert, sounds like the English snot, rolled pug dogs and hot dogs - really? Pigs in blankets, a mouthful of fluff.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd never heard of pea whack soup, but a quick google search told me it must be rather similar to our Dutch erwtensoep or 'snert'. Snert is funnily enough a synonym for something rubbish: snertweer (rubbish weather), snertdag (rubbish day) snertbaas (rubbish boss) and so on!
I agree with making exceptions for the soup though!
In the Netherlands it's traditionally eaten with a very dark and dense rye bread with thin slices of pork belly, not smoked cold like bacon but smoked warm to cook it as well as smoke it. I love it, and it's exactly the right weather for snert!

1699727891.jpg
Oh wow! Snert looks like a de luxe pea whack. I have to try it.
In our house pea whack is made using ham hock, or left over gammon. The ham hock does make it nice and thick, gelintinous, and if left to go cold can cut it into slices.

The tem ‘snert’ is used by my family as a sort of response, a name to call someone who has been sneaky, and bad tempered or grumpy. Think it is just a Pipp family thing, though. Unless anyone else can confirm they use it that way, too?

Perhaps I will make the snert recipe as a peace offering if I have upset anyone enough to make them snerty. Or if I have pisum sativumed them off. :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to make sure this thread stays general and won't derail into going on topic, I just saw this about our prime minister and laughed so hard!

upload_2021-11-11_16-39-58.png

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you think that your prime minister is funny, have a look at ours in the U.K.!
Saying that for most of us, he is not funny and causing some real harm to the people.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
When I was on metformin, I thought that a brass band was warming up behind me!
That explains a lot, I'm a herring :sorry:

Why is there so many sexual connotations to food?

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
As well as being pisum sativum whackium Snert is also Hagar's dog

upload_2021-11-11_16-29-24.png

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I didn't think our prime minister is funny, but I do think it's very funny the translation program turned the prime minister of the Netherlands into the prime minister of the Underworld.

Apparently our pm has got a cold. Or is it long covid?
Anyway, he is sleazing all over us!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was on metformin, I thought that a brass band was warming up behind me!
Ah Bart Simpson was singing his favourite song behind you.

Beans ,beans the musical fruit
The more you eat the more you toot.
The more you toot, the better you feel.
So let's have beans with every meal.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Going to have to take a deep breath before I comment on our own corrupt, sleazy escapee from the Underworld, don’t want to be arrested.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone had or found any exotic, not tried before food recently? A walk past an oriental grocer recently meant I had to go in there. Only limited by the size of an already nearly full backpack and uncertainty about names and carbs. The durian flavoured ones I got were disappointing.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think that my foray into European cuisine, I nearly went to Poland and the only thought about my food intake, wondering if there'd be a decent salad, which would probably contain beets and swede, onions and what passes for lettuce.
So before I went, I went to a polish delicatessen in town and sampled some meat products and a salad. If you haven't, the different sausages are as good as those in Germany. I really didn't have a clue what they were called because of the language that they were labelled with! Too many consonants!

Going to have to take a deep breath before I comment on our own corrupt, sleazy escapee from the Underworld, don’t want to be arrested.

We haven't got there yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all, brexit, prerrogment of parliament, special circumstances bill, police stopping powers, legal aid, workers rights (none), citizens rights bill (none) immigration, windrush, grenfell, cladding, covid deaths, NHS shortages, test and trace (38 billion), care homes, universal credit, backdoor privatisation of the NHS. Tax havens, pay cuts, sleaze, cash for questions, PMs disregard for parliament and the general public. House of lords. The royal family and the number of scandals, the cost of of preserving the royal family and its drain on the public purse, as well as the huge land and properties. The establishment. And finally Brexit and the likelihood that without the rest of Europe, the life in this country will be much worse. Before 2010, food banks were very, very few. Now, oh my Lord!

Ok, I will arrest myself!