levels

florrie

Hi i am really worried about my levels, i was diagnosed 3 weeks ago , on 1000mg metformin a day level at diagnoses was 22 now between 10 and 14 ?? :shock:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Don't panic as you're going in the right direction. Have you reviewed your diet? To get your blood sugar down, and weight if it's too high, is to reduce portion sizes and reduce the carbs in the food you eat; also make them low-GI where possible. There are links on the forum to a good diabetic diet but do ask for more information if you need it. Although the Metformin will help you, the right diet is the number one priority.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
florrie said:
thank you its just really difficult to get your head around it all as i love my food xx

There's no need to stop loving your food but you probably have to learn about different foods. There isn't much of a problem for anyone willing to try different things. Cutting back on what you like but not having anything else is tough. Discovering new foods, ones that you can eat, enjoy and which help your blood glucose, is fun. Preprepared foods are rarely good for diabetic diets, learn to put good meals together.