Libre 3 Multiple failures

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I've been on the Libre 3 ~ since May 2022. No issues until this year, I now have the 4th sensor fail in a row. They each last around 7 days and I then I get sensor error on my phone followed by error code 373,A , 57 and sometimes 4011 , 4212 , 4227 and 4224 in the error log. They never recover and I'm back to finger pricking. I ask Abbott for some advice on these errors but nothing is ever forthcoming. I also want to send the sensors back so they can analyse them and they can fix these faults in the future releases , but they never ask. It takes over 1 month to get replacement sent and it often entails multiple patronizing generic replies before getting the message across.

Very frustrated , they also seem to be less accurate than Libre2. I always seem to be 20 mg/dl higher on the sensor than finger pricking. I really don't know anymore which one to believe.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
When I first started on Libre 2 when it was first released here, I had 4 sensors fail that were all the same lot and bought at the same place at the same time. . I was very exasperated and had my doctor call in a script for the Libre 14 day and went back to using those. They sent replacements for the LIbre 2 which I used with no issues. But not knowing if a new lot of the Libre 2 was at the place I got them from, I just kept using the Libre 14 day. For the first time they did not request for the sensors back, I think they knew they were having issues. They have recently released the Libre 3 in the US and are probably having some quality issues keeping up with a larger production I bet again.

Reactions: Wurst

BadaBing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on the Libre 3 ~ since May 2022. No issues until this year, I now have the 4th sensor fail in a row. They each last around 7 days and I then I get sensor error on my phone followed by error code 373,A , 57 and sometimes 4011 , 4212 , 4227 and 4224 in the error log. They never recover and I'm back to finger pricking. I ask Abbott for some advice on these errors but nothing is ever forthcoming. I also want to send the sensors back so they can analyse them and they can fix these faults in the future releases , but they never ask. It takes over 1 month to get replacement sent and it often entails multiple patronizing generic replies before getting the message across.

Very frustrated , they also seem to be less accurate than Libre2. I always seem to be 20 mg/dl higher on the sensor than finger pricking. I really don't know anymore which one to believe.
A suggestion.

If anyone believes that (a) a glucose sensor failure (or run of two or more sensor failures) or (b) issues getting their flash or continuous glucose monitoring software app on their mobile phone to scan or provide low or high glucose alarms they have set has delayed them self-diagnosing or treating low or high glucose, please consider going online and reporting it to the appropriate medical devices regulator in your country.

In the United Kingdom that regulator is the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency ("MHRA") who operate a Yellow Card reporting scheme for drugs and medical devices. In the USA the regulator is the Food and Drug Administration.

Your medical device regulator is there to ensure that drugs and medical devices that they authorise to be made available to the patients/consumers are safe, work and fit for purpose. These regulators have the power to order that drugs and medical devices that do not remain safe, work and fit for purpose are removed from the market.

The regulators cannot do anything if they don't know there are issues.

Patients/consumers should not assume that the manufacturer of a drug or medical device, or the developer of a licensed medical device app, will necessarily keep the regulator fully informed about what is happening or do so in a timely way.

My understanding is that over the last four/five months the MHRA received a significant number of Yellow Card reports from patients about the Librelink app not providing low or high glucose alarms on some Android phones following the recent updates that the app developer made to the Librelink app, as well as the recent update of the Android phone operating system from OS 12 to OS 13. I would be surprised if those reports didn't prompt the software developer of Librelink to issue finally a belated statement to confirm that there is indeed a compatibility issue with OS 13 and Librelink which the developer is currently still working to put right.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
A suggestion.

If anyone believes that (a) a glucose sensor failure (or run of two or more sensor failures) or (b) issues getting their flash or continuous glucose monitoring software app on their mobile phone to scan or provide low or high glucose alarms they have set has delayed them self-diagnosing or treating low or high glucose, please consider going online and reporting it to the appropriate medical devices regulator in your country.

In the United Kingdom that regulator is the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency ("MHRA") who operate a Yellow Card reporting scheme for drugs and medical devices. In the USA the regulator is the Food and Drug Administration.

Your medical device regulator is there to ensure that drugs and medical devices that they authorise to be made available to the patients/consumers are safe, work and fit for purpose. These regulators have the power to order that drugs and medical devices that do not remain safe, work and fit for purpose are removed from the market.

The regulators cannot do anything if they don't know there are issues.

Patients/consumers should not assume that the manufacturer of a drug or medical device, or the developer of a licensed medical device app, will necessarily keep the regulator fully informed about what is happening or do so in a timely way.

My understanding is that over the last four/five months the MHRA received a significant number of Yellow Card reports from patients about the Librelink app not providing low or high glucose alarms on some Android phones following the recent updates that the app developer made to the Librelink app, as well as the recent update of the Android phone operating system from OS 12 to OS 13. I would be surprised if those reports didn't prompt the software developer of Librelink to issue finally a belated statement to confirm that there is indeed a compatibility issue with OS 13 and Librelink which the developer is currently still working to put right.
This is very good advice. I have now complained to all possible sources i.e. Doctor , Health insurance and MHRA. I'm now on 8 sensors failed in a row after 1 week and Abbott are being being evasive. I have received ony 4 replacement sensors and even the new ones fail after a week. Also bought a new phone and the issue continues. I've asked Abbott for a libre3 reader to prove the point i.e. if they still fail on using the reader then it's clearly a sensor issue (multiple) but they simply aren't interested. I don't think I have ever come across worse customer service , considering they are supplying life saving equipment.

Brenda3112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone else had problems with their Libre 3 losing signal. I've had 3 in a row fail due to signal loss. Error code 57
Abbotts have sent me replacements but that isn't the point. The whole reason I'm on the 3 is that I have Hypos overnight and need CGM. I never had this problem with the Libre2. I'm wondering if they've made it smaller, so smaller battery, so, doesn't function so well. Any Ideas??

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had good reliability for 12 months. However, this last month I've had 2 failed on me with signal loss errors after approx 7 days.
Maybe a bad batch.
Anyway, Abbott always replace, just a bit of a pain when they won't deliver without a person being present.

TimLibre

I have not had any accuracy issues and hardly any Failures with libre 3. Id say libre 3 is great and the best version out there. With libre 2 i remember i had some sensors failing before 14 days passed. Also the nfc on my iphone eventually broke down, i suspect because of heavy use.

With libre 3 you only need one nfc scan in order to start the sensor and i hardly get any errors. Ive bern hsi g the 3 for almost two years now.

Only problem for me is after 10 years of libre 1,2 and 3 use, my arm and leg start to hurt when a sensor is on them..im planning to see a doctor to see if he can give advice.

Grandadfatboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
arrogant, abusive, greedy people

If you aren't aware there is a form that you can fill for each failed sensor. In case you haven't got it, here's the link.

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I always call them.
Probably takes 5mins max. All the usual questions, box ticking exercise so just tell them what they want to hear.
Just generic answers so no point in engaging in conversation.
Replacement always given and delivered within 3-4 days.