LIDL Rolls

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
.....were on special offer 25p in my local Lidl today in case anyone wants to stock-up.

Reactions: 6 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Oh whatsits !!!!!! I bought 12 last week. That's me, always in the wrong place :(

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Great timing, I do my Lidls shop tomorrow- ta☺

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks I'll pop in early tomorrow rather than later. I might have to force feed hubby some of the things in the freezer to make room for them first.....:)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sorry if someone has already asked this, but - what's the carb count per roll?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I weighed one and worked it out to be 10g. That's not the whole story though. They are so filling that one is a meal and half of one usually suffices for me.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good, that's about the same as 1 slice of burgen bread. Thanks for info☺

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Be aware they are selling better than normal due to the price reduction, I had to try twice to get some.

They are however excellent and between 10 and 11 carbs each.Get a really good bread knife and with a bit of practice you can get 4 triangular slices out of one.That less than 3 carbs a slice.So sandwiches are back on the menu.
I have just sliced one up across the way,if you see what I mean,and the resulting thin slices are being baked in the oven,150C for 15 minutes.Ta Dah!! Lovely low carb crackers for Pate and Brie.Kinda like a wholemeal melba toast.

Reactions: 4 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I wonder how long before LIDL catch on to the fact they're producing such a popular diabetic food. Watch the price rise !!!

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Are these the lidl rolls, I looked at them, but decided not to buy them. Guess another trip to lidl is in order

Attachments

• WP_20150908_13_37_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150908_13_37_07_Pro.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 490

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are these the lidl rolls, I looked at them, but decided not to buy them. Guess another trip to lidl is in order
Yes, the triangular ones, that's them :) I only have maybe one a week but it does scratch that itch when only bread will do.

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would pay more as it's the only bread I can eat safely so worth it for the convenience.I hope they stay cheap though.Lets be honest if they were in a health food shop they would be a pound each.
Was out working a few weeks ago and all I had in the car was a bag of walnuts.Stumbled across a Lidl.So high protein roll with a tub of their prawn cocktail made a nice sandwich.Learnt from that so now have plastic cutlery,napkins and hand wipes in the glovebox.Did the same with a protein roll and some nice German ham and baby tomato's.Sure you get some funny looks in the car park making a sandwich out of a carrier bag.But hey I can't just grab a sandwich or a sausage roll any more.
Of all the things I thought would change on day of diagnosis I really did not see that coming!! You just have to get on with it.

Reactions: 4 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I loved them from the start. Topped with pate or egg mayo or tinned salmon mashed up with salad cream, they're a real treat. I usually add a couple of cherry toms and some slices of cucumber on the side to make it a healthy lunch.

Reactions: 5 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yes, best to slice before freezing as you might find half is enough. They do go a bit weird if you defrost them in the microwave but I think most bread does.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well I've got my rolls but they cost 29p each that's 25%off usual price. Just bought three as I haven't tried them before, and frozen two. Will try one tomorrow☺

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Wasn't keen on the first one I tried, but now I toast them and they've become a firm favourite.. Just had half of one spread with some pate and a side salad for lunch.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I wonder how long before LIDL catch on to the fact they're producing such a popular diabetic food. Watch the price rise !!!
They are also popular with bodybuilders, which is also why they sell out quickly.