LIDL Rolls

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I wish they'd clear off................. we need them more than them !! ;)

No disrespect to Diabetic body builders.

Reactions: 9 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite, what's wrong with their expensive protein shakes huh? Oh, I think I might have answered that question myself.....expensive

Reactions: 6 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah the mythical Lidl rolls - I walked to Lidl today (exactly 10,000 steps from my house!) and they were sold out! I asked if they were making any more but unfortunately the answer was no. Still I got some exercise. I just need to go earlier in the day. I made some flax seed bread from the Xpert book which was a bit disappointing.

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You would think that LIDL would realise they sell out and increase production.

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Yes I love these rolls as well and been good on bs rise. The only problem was that I noticed below on the shelf a low gi loaf, it was delicious and that was the problem, slipped and ate half. Ah!

Reactions: 4 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
The first time I went to Lidl was about 2pm one day and quite understandably they had sold out. I decided to meander round the store and a few minutes later they refilled the basket with hot rolls. I swooped !!! Only bought 3 though as I hadn't tried them before.

They seem to be trying to cope with demand at my local store and whenever I'm nearby I now buy a dozen. Sod the body builders, my need is greater ;) Apologies to other Ds in my area for being greedy, but I won't be back for weeks, so they're all yours for quite a while now. :)

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sending Mr B on a swoop mission tomorrow.

Anyone know how long the offer is on?

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I got to LIDL today. Still 25% off, 29p per roll. There were maybe a couple of dozen left (at 9.30am) in two trays, so I bought 6,
After wandering round the store for 20 minutes and buying a couple of other things, I passed the bread section and the protein rolls were being restocked. So it seems this store is meeting demand.
I would suggest that if you go to a LIDL store and there aren't any left, you should ask if they are going to put some more out.

I had one sliced in two, toasted with butter and some crab terrine from LIDL for lunch. Quite nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
A word to the wise....

my husband decided to make a treat for me and used a Lidl HP roll to make a bread-and-butter pudding. He did everything right - cut the roll in to thin slices and buttered them, made a custard with eggs, double cream and almond breeze, used splenda instead of sugar and a few blueberries instead of raisins then let it sit before baking it but it really wasn't nice at all and sadly got thrown away. It was the roll, it just didn't do what ordinary bread does in a bread-and-butter pudding. Ewww

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I noticed the 25% off offer about 10 days ago and became really worried because they were the only bread items on offer. It made me wonder if they were getting rid of the ingredients used to bake them in order to stop producing them.

I always slice mine in half, freeze them, and then toast them with masses of butter that just melts all the way through.

Reactions: 2 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah the mythical Lidl rolls - I walked to Lidl today (exactly 10,000 steps from my house!) and they were sold out! I asked if they were making any more but unfortunately the answer was no. Still I got some exercise. I just need to go earlier in the day. I made some flax seed bread from the Xpert book which was a bit disappointing.
My Lidl's seem to bake two or three batches a day I got some on Friday afternoon they had been just put out and were still hot I love the just baked smell of them but not to eat I get them for my T2 husband

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
This is my first in the forum. could some one tell me what these rolls are. Are these the dark brown rolls triangular that LIDL makes?
HB A1C 7.7 in August 2015
Diagnosed type 2 more than 8years. Not been managing very well.
today had breakfast deli wrap and chicken sausage for breakfast. blood sugar 2 hrs after is 12.4 . this was before taking my medication.
Age; 72 years.
weight 83.9 kg
height 5ft 3in
drugs metformin 1000mg twice daily
glicazide 40mg-80 mg twice daily
liraglutide 1.2 mg daily
lorsartan 50mg,Bisoprolol 1.25mg, amildopine
clopidogrel ,
atrovastatine 10mg. Your advice welcome.

sg

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Swarn,
The sausage you had may well have carbs in.
You need to manage your carbs and perhaps you may have bp problems with your diet?
Regards
Derek
PS. I am older than you are.
I was on some of the bp meds you are on

This is my first in the forum. could some one tell me what these rolls are. Are these the dark brown rolls triangular that LIDL makes?
HB A1C 7.7 in August 2015
Diagnosed type 2 more than 8years. Not been managing very well.
today had breakfast deli wrap and chicken sausage for breakfast. blood sugar 2 hrs after is 12.4 . this was before taking my medication.
Age; 72 years.
weight 83.9 kg
height 5ft 3in
drugs metformin 1000mg twice daily
glicazide 40mg-80 mg twice daily
liraglutide 1.2 mg daily
lorsartan 50mg,Bisoprolol 1.25mg, amildopine
clopidogrel ,
atrovastatine 10mg. Your advice welcome.

sg

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wish they'd clear off................. we need them more than them !! ;)

No disrespect to Diabetic body builders.

no problemo June_C :) i dont suppose Aldi does anything similar as I shop there at the moment ???

Reactions: 3 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Phew..... Looking at your avatar, I'm glad I made the second comment :). Have no idea about Aldi I'm afraid.

Reactions: 7 people

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Phew..... Looking at your avatar, I'm glad I made the second comment :). Have no idea about Aldi I'm afraid.

Lol used to look a bit like that :) but have had a fair few problems dealing with this disease, tho getting back on track now albeit at a smaller size.......

Will look in Aldi tomorrow and see what they have..............

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep, there were none similar at Aldi, but I was up early for an appointment so was at Lidl at 8.00am and out with a half dozen rolls at 8.02am , lovely and warm, have not tried them yet (smelt great tho) and have sliced each into thirds and frozen.........:)