Living with type 2 the good the bad and the ugly

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

Bloods 4.8 fasting and blood ketones 1.2. Dead chuffed. In fact one could say chuffed to smithereens and all that nomsense!

Last day of the fat fast and in the place I want to be. Been pretty brutal to date due to recent carb creep and too much wine. Did you know about the hidden calories in a bottle of wine?Reckon there's at least another 800 that they don't tell you about.

@Merrylizard1314 and I are thinking about doing an exit from the ff. my aim would be to have fasting bloods 4 to 5. Morning blood ketones over 1.5 and continued weight loss at 1 to 2 lobs per week (after the adjustment) estimate to put on circa 40% of weight lost this week. Keep off the wine till end of the month. Keep fat ratio as high as possible but not worry about the cals now. It's been a joy not having to wash up but looking forward to cooking again. Work out best fuel strategy for 53 mile run walk on by August bank hols- want it to be as fat as possible but it's not very transportable friendly. Pork scratching so and bags of peanut butter got me round the marathon in April but as I'll have a backpack with me this time can have other stuff. Thinking tins of anchovies. Might try and freeze some cream cheese so how that hols. Def Mac nuts. If anyone has any suggestion it would be much appreciated.

Final report tomorrow then on the fat fast thread.

Beautiful day down here in saga central and forecast for the weekend is looking good. Unfortunately we are going to cockney land by the sea for the weekend and I've seen far to many of them in the last month or so.

Reactions: 15 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 am
there was some naan last night with the kebabed meats....
Good to all

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Happy Saturday everyone. A beautifully warm & sunny day in Newcastle. Even managed to get the washing hung out. :) Little things please. Hopefully the sunshine bodes well for the 1st game of the season at home tomorrow. BG this morning is 5.5 fasting. Still trying to throw off a cold & sore throat. A bright red snoz, chapped lips & a voice as husky as a hooker on 40 Woodbine is SO not a good look! ;) Have a great day folks, whatever it is you're doing. Best wishes & good health. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Giverny and @Alisonjane10 (as a matter of courtesy)
I am using the monochrome version as bright colurs are difficult for me to read, yet I am seeing blue text in Alisonjane10's posts. Can this be changed please.

I have the condition Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome which causes visual distress with some text and background colours.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Pipp

What is Irlen Syndrome or Scotopic Sensitivity? | Irlen Institute
irlen.com/what-is-irlen-syndrome/
Irlen Syndrome (also referred to at times as Meares-Irlen Syndrome, Scotopic SensitivitySyndrome, and Visual Stress) is a perceptual processing disorder.

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
@Giverny and @Alisonjane10 (as a matter of courtesy)
I am using the monochrome version as bright colurs are difficult for me to read, yet I am seeing blue text in Alisonjane10's posts. Can this be changed please.

I have the condition Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome which causes visual distress with some text and background colours.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Pipp

What is Irlen Syndrome or Scotopic Sensitivity? | Irlen Institute
irlen.com/what-is-irlen-syndrome/
Irlen Syndrome (also referred to at times as Meares-Irlen Syndrome, Scotopic SensitivitySyndrome, and Visual Stress) is a perceptual processing disorder.

Hi @Pipp. Those conditions sounds unpleasant. Obviously I don't want to make it difficult for you to read my thread posts. They're ALWAYS awesome, so I wouldn't want you to miss them!!! ;) How odd though, that using the monochrome site version still shows text as blue. I am using blue text, but I'm on the original red website version, as I prefer it & think it "pops." But I don't have visual difficulties, so bright colours are my preference. Hence the use of the blue when I'm responding to a thread. Bright colours just make me feel better. But, just for you, I'm willing to revert back to the plain black text so my posts don't make you boss-eyed. Hope that helps. :) Best wishes, AJ. X

Reactions: 9 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Pipp. Those conditions sounds unpleasant. Obviously I don't want to make it difficult for you to read my thread posts. They're ALWAYS awesome, so I wouldn't want you to miss them!!! ;) How odd though, that using the monochrome site version still shows text as blue. I am using blue text, but I'm on the original red website version, as I prefer it & think it "pops." But I don't have visual difficulties, so bright colours are my preference. Hence the use of the blue when I'm responding to a thread. Bright colours just make me feel better. But, just for you, I'm willing to revert back to the plain black text so my posts don't make you boss-eyed. Hope that helps. :) Best wishes, AJ. X
Thank you.

Reactions: 4 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.7 this morning after a 5.3 reading at bedtime last night

Reactions: 8 people