Living with type 2 the good the bad and the ugly

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.1 this morning up in the loft later , it was a wee bit warm yesterday wet with sweat and knacked hope today isn't so hot , sorry don't mean to be selfish.:wacky::wacky:

Reactions: 7 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Good morning everyone
5•5 happy with that after last night's trip to our favourite Indian restaurant and one too many beer's in the pub later.

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Happy Sunday everyone. My cold & sore throat are easing off thankfully. So my FBG is looking better with a 4.9 this morning. Newcastle United first premiership game of the season today. Oh man...please let it be a better season than the last. My ticker just can't take it. I'm old ya know! ;) Have a great day folks, whatever you're getting up to. Good health. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 11 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
@Giverny and @Alisonjane10 (as a matter of courtesy)
I am using the monochrome version as bright colurs are difficult for me to read, yet I am seeing blue text in Alisonjane10's posts. Can this be changed please.

I have the condition Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome which causes visual distress with some text and background colours.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Pipp

What is Irlen Syndrome or Scotopic Sensitivity? | Irlen Institute
irlen.com/what-is-irlen-syndrome/
Irlen Syndrome (also referred to at times as Meares-Irlen Syndrome, Scotopic SensitivitySyndrome, and Visual Stress) is a perceptual processing disorder.

I prefer the monochrome version too, much easier on the eye..

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 this morning up in the loft later , it was a wee bit warm yesterday wet with sweat and knacked hope today isn't so hot , sorry don't mean to be selfish.:wacky::wacky:
I know how you feel the hot, hummid weather takes it out of me too

Reactions: 4 people

Buffdaddy123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, my first time posting my figures, (only diagnosed end of June with a 22 fasting reading) but it does seem like a good way to keep track and interact with others..so this morning i was a 4.1

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi guys, my first time posting my figures, (only diagnosed end of June with a 22 fasting reading) but it does seem like a good way to keep track and interact with others..so this morning i was a 4.1

WOW!! That's a fantastic reduction in such a short space of time @Buffdaddy123. You must be delighted. Well done you. :) Posting fasting results each morning is indeed a good way of keeping track of your numbers. Plus, the support & encouragement from other posters when the BG results go t**s up does help. X

Buffdaddy123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
WOW!! That's a fantastic reduction in such a short space of time @Buffdaddy123. You must be delighted. Well done you. :) Posting fasting results each morning is indeed a good way of keeping track of your numbers. Plus, the support & encouragement from other posters when the BG results go t**s up does help. X
Thx Alisonjane, yes im well chuffed, its been 6 weeks now and im waking with nice figures around the 4 mark regularly, and after meals rarely have gone up into high 6-7 areas, I was put on Insulin the day i was told after being sent straight to hospital, but got my levels down within about 10 days, Nurse let me stop the insulin and started the Metformin and with the LCHF ive lost just under 2 stone since then, Im sure the Nurse said my initial A1C was 156 or somewhere around there...

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thx Alisonjane, yes im well chuffed, its been 6 weeks now and im waking with nice figures around the 4 mark regularly, and after meals rarely have gone up into high 6-7 areas, I was put on Insulin the day i was told after being sent straight to hospital, but got my levels down within about 10 days, Nurse let me stop the insulin and started the Metformin and with the LCHF ive lost just under 2 stone since then, Im sure the Nurse said my initial A1C was 156 or somewhere around there...

That's quite a little journey @Buffdaddy123. To get off insulin & quickly onto oral only is blooming good work. It must have been a scary time when you were diagnosed. I was in the same position as you back in late January which was when I was diagnosed. It's good to regain control of BG & feel you're able to cope with this disease after all. I wish you well. X

Buffdaddy123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thx again Alisonjane 10, It was a little scary at the beginning, as i read up on it saw the complications and thought the worse, but once i settled in and got my eating healthier and started to see my levels drop i got more confidence, and i now believe the complications can be kept at bay by tight control, so that is what im doing, I eat smaller meals and dont snack on biscuits and crisps as i used to, instead i may have a few almonds or some of my pork scratchings as a little treat.

Though i must admit about 3 days into starting the insulin when my levels rapidly dropped my vision did completely go full on blurred for close up viewing...i could not read a book or even see an Ipad without holding it at full stretched arm distance, that did scare me, and i did create a couple of threads on here regarding it.

But it must be said, if it was not for this website and all you helpful fellow sufferers of this disease i would not have had a clue of where to start, considering the Doctor at the hospital told me to eat plenty of Potatoes and Bread....i doubt i would be in my position now if i had adhered to that advice, although i have eaten both a couple of times without going over 7, so it is everything in moderation as in your sig.

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Happy Monday folks. A horrific 3.7 FBG this morning. I am useless when I drop this low. Can't think straight, brain fog, clumsy, coordination goes out the window, lethargic, shallow breathing, sleepy. The list goes on. Posters who regularly have FBG's in the 3's & who function well at that level have my admiration. But it's not for me. The only upside was the Bounty bar I had to bring my numbers up. OMG....orgasmic! I lead an unexciting life to get so worked up over confectionary. Meh! :meh::) Have a great day everyone. X

image.jpg

Merrylizard1314

Happy Monday folks. A horrific 3.7 FBG this morning. I am useless when I drop this low. Can't think straight, brain fog, clumsy, coordination goes out the window, lethargic, shallow breathing, sleepy. The list goes on. Posters who regularly have FBG's in the 3's & who function well at that level have my admiration. But it's not for me. The only upside was the Bounty bar I had to bring my numbers up. OMG....orgasmic! I lead an unexciting life to get so worked up over confectionary. Meh! :meh::) Have a great day everyone. X

View attachment 14789

AJ10 are you OK? Do you think the chromium picolinate is bringing your numbers too low , too quickly? It cannot be pleasant to feel awful, even if you do get to eat confectionery. Could be the aftermath of your recent cold, do you think? Hope you feel much better soon, my dear.

Reactions: 5 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
AJ10 are you OK? Do you think the chromium picolinate is bringing your numbers too low , too quickly? It cannot be pleasant to feel awful, even if you do get to eat confectionery. Could be the aftermath of your recent cold, do you think? Hope you feel much better soon, my dear.

Hi @Merrylizard1314. It's sweet of you to be concerned. Especially as you've got your own health probs. Ain't you still got your pot on hun? Bust my ankle when I was younger so had to have a half-leg pot on for 6-7 weeks. It didn't half get itchy. The relief when it came off. Sheer bliss. :) I think my BG this morning was probably down to the higher numbers I had with my cold. Gonna drop the Chromium down to one a day for now & see how that goes. This diabetes lark can't half be a pain in the butt. :meh: X

Reactions: 10 people

Merrylizard1314

Hi, AJ10, had the cast off last Friday ( 5 weeks), and glad to be free of it. Though now the FF is over, I have to admit to unusual low feelings.
It is hard when friends suddenly go away, isn't it?
On the other hand, I can have a shower without all the preparatory wrapping, etc, and I can wear skinny leg jeans, but still, a bit sad...you keep well now.