Living with type 2 the good the bad and the ugly

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 this morning going shopping later to Hobbycraft one of my favourite shops, must only buy what I need.

Reactions: 12 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
4.2 cold still streaming think things like colds definitely last longer and harder to shift when diabetes is involved !!!

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.2 cold still streaming think things like colds definitely last longer and harder to shift when diabetes is involved !!!
Hope you feel better soon Joyce. Diabetes does effect our immune system. It weakens it and makes it harder to shift bugs when we get them. Oh well back to my normal three times a week antibiotics today.

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hope you feel better soon Joyce. Diabetes does effect our immune system. It weakens it and makes it harder to shift bugs when we get them. Oh well back to my normal three times a week antibiotics today.
Hi Lou,
Hope you ok. I have the respiratory clinic tomorrow so will see what they say about the gunge !!! Still getting to grip with this diabetes lark. Enjoy your shopping . Take care. J

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
4.8 fasting today. I'm sooo tired though. Don't know why. Have a good day folks. Stay well. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lou,
Hope you ok. I have the respiratory clinic tomorrow so will see what they say about the gunge !!! Still getting to grip with this diabetes lark. Enjoy your shopping . Take care. J
Hope all goes well at clinic and they can sort your gunge out. Phsyio was tiring but have moved a bit of gunge and of is up to 270l/m. The shopping before Phsyio went well and I have started the paper machie for holiday Bible Club:)

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hope all goes well at clinic and they can sort your gunge out. Phsyio was tiring but have moved a bit of gunge and of is up to 270l/m. The shopping before Phsyio went well and I have started the paper machie for holiday Bible Club:)

Hi @loulou99782. I remember doing paper machie at Sunday school when I was a kid. Loads of fun. Used to blow up a balloon, cover it in the paper machie, paint it pink, then pop the balloon before adding individual sections of an egg carton to make four legs & a snout. A painted pink pipe cleaner for a curly tail, draw eyes & a smiley mouth and that finished it off. Lol. How mad that I can remember everything about it. I obviously enjoyed it. Have fun at the holiday bible club. Sounds a nice way to spend some time. X

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @loulou99782. I remember doing paper machie at Sunday school when I was a kid. Loads of fun. Used to blow up a balloon, cover it in the paper machie, paint it pink, then pop the balloon before adding individual sections of an egg carton to make four legs & a snout. A painted pink pipe cleaner for a curly tail, draw eyes & a smiley mouth and that finished it off. Lol. How mad that I can remember everything about it. I obviously enjoyed it. Have fun at the holiday bible club. Sounds a nice way to spend some time. X
We will have lots of fun:D its not till 24+27 +30 August. I am making an igloo using the balloon and small shoe box:)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morn

Not too bad after some carb creep over the last two days of leaving house without prepared snacks/food.

I'm thinking this diabetes stuff is cheaper for me in the long run including the test strips, I don't eat out so often. Bonus. Have a great day everyone.
X

Reactions: 7 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.3 after a bad night rain hitting the cab all night , cramps in both legs ,feet and left hand !!! ,that's a new one to me

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning tomorrow will be interesting cause got fish and Chip social night at work tonight. It's from the local yummy chippy

Reactions: 2 people