Livlife Bread

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
noblehead said:
The comparable loaf of Burgen (400g loaf) has 9g of carbs a slice compared to the Livelife bread which has just under 4g, the main ingredient for Burgen bread is Wheat Flour as where on the Livelife bread it is listed second on the ingredients, still if your avoiding wheat products or believe the 'Wheat Belly' hype both breads would not be suitable.

Two slices of the the Livlife 500g loaf has 7.8g of carbs and 136 calories (one slice burgen 93 cals) :thumbup: and for me it's far better for BG levels than burgen :D

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hmmmmm, tastes like flax bread, a little disapointed tbh, not even close to burgen imho :(

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
tried it again this morning and today it tasted a little more like malted bread, no idea why but i enjoyed it for brekkie before my run, i didnt really eat burgen (too carby) so i say thats better tasting but this is better because i can afford it a little easier (carbwise) last night bloods where 6.3 before i ate it 4.6 two hours later, not a very good test as the before reading was on the two hour post chicken stir fry & jelly and cream, and today i couldnt test on the two hours as i was running, ill have to wait until the morning to get a chance of a proper test :)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Andy12345 said:
tried it again this morning and today it tasted a little more like malted bread, no idea why but i enjoyed it for brekkie before my run, i didnt really eat burgen (too carby) so i say thats better tasting but this is better because i can afford it a little easier (carbwise) last night bloods where 6.3 before i ate it 4.6 two hours later, not a very good test as the before reading was on the two hour post chicken stir fry & jelly and cream, and today i couldnt test on the two hours as i was running, ill have to wait until the morning to get a chance of a proper test :)

I've had a good result from livlife, mind you a loaf will last a week until I throw the rest away.
Burgen was ok in the past, livlife is a chance from ryvita.

(As to puddings after dinner, roll on christmmas, when I should be off the lo-cal diet. :D )

meoman

its an acquired taste and burgen is less slumey seeds but carb value wins it for me.. amazing how it fills you up so going to try open sarneys and some good strong taste topping... further blood results in 20 mins as i had sarney just before midday.. also took bs reading then.. back soon

meoman

The LivLive bread as a 2 slice salad sarny took my bs from 6.9 (before lunch) to 7.2 (90 mins after lunch) so pleased with negligable rise in bs :) .. its also so so filling.. 1 slice next time

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep my LivLife bread in the freezer and just knock a couple of slices off the frozen block everytime I want some...

Scrambled eggs on toast with a two massive slices of bacon this morning for brekkie. Loads of lovely butter on the toast as well :)

C

catherinecherub

That is the proper price. It was on offer in Waitrose when it first appeared.

Kallyloo

My mum who is iabetic has found that most of the food aimed at Diabetics is a lot pricier than normal food. She complains quite rightly about the cost but says the choice is pay up or don't have something she really loves like bread a few times a week.
I know it is a shame the cost is o high at Waitrose now but they do often have things on offer, so I'm hoping it will be more reasonable soon.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
id pay 1.99 a slice, its bread! and i can eat it!

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
It makes pretty good 'Eggy bread' in the pan too as I discovered today :thumbup:

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Brought 3 loafs at the weekend, banged em straight in the fridge, last me all month now( waitrose is a good 10 mile round trip!!) just had 2 slices in a bacon and egg sandwich, first sandwich in 4 months, bloody lovely [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE][FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE][FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE][FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App