Livlife Bread

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Ewelina? Am I missing something? You are one of my low carb cooking gurus? I'm either having an episode or i fell of the world lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tried the bread for the first time last week had a peanut butter sandwich with two slices and got a 5.3 two hours later.

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
meoman said:
good news.. and.how did it taste?

It has a nice malty flavour tastes good, going to try frying a slice in bacon fat to have with my fry up.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haha Andy yes I can be low carb guru when it comes to cakes but I liked roast potato from time to time. No more now Im afraid :(

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Andy :) Getting back to bread its really nice. Nearly like a normal bread

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
3 times ive been to waitrose every time they didnt have it :( *jealous*

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ask them to order it for you. They are very nice in Waitrose :)
Meoman i dont know burgen ref carbs but waitrose bread tastes like a nice bread with some seeds in

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Burgen bread is OK in the Soya and Linseed variety

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
douglas99 said:
Ricky said:
Burgen bread is OK in the Soya and Linseed variety

A lot higher carb than Livlife though

The comparable loaf of Burgen (400g loaf) has 9g of carbs a slice compared to the Livelife bread which has just under 4g, the main ingredient for Burgen bread is Wheat Flour as where on the Livelife bread it is listed second on the ingredients, still if your avoiding wheat products or believe the 'Wheat Belly' hype both breads would not be suitable.

Livelife Bread
Ingredients: Water, wholemeal wheat flour, wheat gluten, mixed seeds 10% (brown linseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds), wheat protein, kibbled soya, soya flour, wheat fibre, sunflower oil, bran, salt, yeast, malt flour, preservative calcium propionate (added to inhibit mould growth), wheat dextrose, emulsifier mono-and diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides of fatty acids, wheat flour, vegetable oil (palm oil*, rapeseed oil), flour treatment agent ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

Burgen and Livelife bread aside, there was a food programme on C4 a month or two back examining how breads such as Slimcea and Weight watchers had lower calories than standard bread, the result was the slices were much smaller but the ingredients were just the same, so in theory you could buy a standard loaf and half the slices and still get the same result :lol: Best of all they charge a lot more for the calorie reduced bread but they come in smaller loaves :eek:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ok so on the 4th visit i finally got it, i was walking through the car park excited with my purchase but slightly nervous i would get mugged by a jealous diabetic, got home to find the missus has chicken stirfry cooking, i cant have bread with that :( i wanted toast for dinner, anyway i have something to look forward to i suppose, my anticipation is building lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

meoman

Andy
I managed to get some also today. Lets share notes on how it performs ref blood sugar... will try some later.. fingers crossed

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How heavy are the livlife slices compared to Burgen please ?
CAROL

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im going to have 2 whole slices with butter and with a cup of green tea about 9pm once the kids are in bed, that way ill have the 2 hours after eating dinner test and then be able to test at 10 then 11 so ill get a really good idea of its effect, i intend to make it with great ceremony lol, even going to use my favourite plate, lmao so silly but i do mean it :)