Livlife Bread

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
It's pretty kind on my levels too and It's really quite good if you butter it first on both sides and fry it as part of a yummy fry up-especially dipping it into runny fried egg yolk. :thumbup:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Andy12345 said:
i had 4 slices for lunch, i know i know well i had a ham toasted sandwich and enjoyed it too much so had another one with cheese, 2 hours later i was at 4.0 didnt test before but thats still pretty amazing for 4 slices of bread huh

I would be worried it's getting too low tbh.
That was nearly 16g of carbs, with a quarter of that sugar.
A normal range before a meal is a minimum of 4, 2 hours after a normal range can be up to 7.8.
I feel bad when I get down that low, but maybe that's from when I was on Gliclazide with the risk of going hypo, and working at heights.

Maybe you're doing so well it's time to review your meds.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
paul-1976 said:
It's pretty kind on my levels too and It's really quite good if you butter it first on both sides and fry it as part of a yummy fry up-especially dipping it into runny fried egg yolk. :thumbup:

I had my (single) slice as dry toast, with a dry fried egg, a lot of mushrooms (dry fried), but did push the boat out with a rasher of bacon.
No spikes, and still losing weight.
One more stone to go, them maybe a bit of oil will make a re-appearance!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi thanls for advice, i can often be at 3 without ill affects, i will be seeing dn soon and will be suggesting that :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Andy12345 said:
hi thanls for advice, i can often be at 3 without ill affects, i will be seeing dn soon and will be suggesting that :)

Good on you.

Whatever it is, keep it up!!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just to show how perverse diabetes is, after my last post I read this

viewtopic.php?f=39&p=436267#p436267

I have to say, I was also told below 4 was no driving, no working at heights, and a lot of dire consequences to befall me.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
strangely ive been going down to 3 often forever, even if i spent the rest of the time really high, no idea why, but as i say i can go from 25 to 3 and not know about it *shrug*

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
My bgs are also good with this bread, I emailed them yesterday to see if sainsburys will be supplied as well, I do a 10 mile round trip for waitrose, (nearest shop is sainsburys), the reply was 'they are trying to get it in all the supermarkets' so hopefully it'll be in all supermarkets soon.

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
My bgs are also good with this bread, I emailed them yesterday to see if sainsburys will be supplied as well, I do a 10 mile round trip for waitrose, (nearest shop is sainsburys), the reply was 'they are trying to get it in all the supermarkets' so hopefully it'll be in all supermarkets soon.

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi all, I recently e-mailed Morrisons Head Office to ask if and when they would be stocking Livlife bread as I have no Waitrose near to me. I then received a telephone call from them to say that they had no plans to sell Livlife bread but would put my request forward to the product team. So when other supermarkets start stocking Livlife bread would people please post it here, thank you
Andy12345, did you really get it in Morrisons in Surrey, thanks

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Well,
I FINALLY got a reply from Morrisons, They have NO plans to stock LivLife in ANY stores in Lancashire!
So I'll stay with Bergen now!
(This despite staff telling me for a month (at various stores) that they normally had it in and were just out of stock at present)

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried making Sage and Onion Stuffing with the Livlife Bread? I can just about cope with a Christmas dinner with no roasties and Mash, but no stuffing too :cry:

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Morrisons in Pool, Cornwall has Livlife bread, I bought a loaf. If my average Morrisons stocks it perhaps others will too.

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
we have a brand new large Morrisons opening in Gloucester today... here's hoping they stock it :)

Unbeliever

As Tesco are keen to help diabetics perhaps selling Livlife bread would be a good thing for them to do? Has anyone spotted any in Tesco?

I have a feeling this has been mentioned before but search did not come up wih anything.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Unbeliever said:
As Tesco are keen to help diabetics perhaps selling Livlife bread would be a good thing for them to do? Has anyone spotted any in Tesco?

I have a feeling this has been mentioned before but search did not come up wih anything.

Hi! Sadly not as yet for Tesco's(I've tried 3 stores in 2 different counties) but would totally agree that in the spirit of their current 'Campaign' that it would be a good move for them to make.

Best

Paul

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
You can get a double sachet of Harley's sugar free jelly from asda for 69p and make it yourself makes 2 pints much cheaper than buying the ready made ones