Livlife Bread

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Kallyloo said:
My mum who is iabetic has found that most of the food aimed at Diabetics is a lot pricier than normal food. She complains quite rightly about the cost but says the choice is pay up or don't have something she really loves like bread a few times a week.
I know it is a shame the cost is o high at Waitrose now but they do often have things on offer, so I'm hoping it will be more reasonable soon.

I probably ate a loaf a day before I was diagnosed, so I reckon now I eat a loaf a fortnight, I'm spending a lot less, and they're making less overall out of me.
So fair play, I want it, they make it for me, it'll never be a money spinner for them though the limited amount we all eat.

meoman

The recipe not dissimilar to IanD's recipe which ive made a few times.. like that bread its going to be coconut cakey style which is issue with savoury.. also prefer flax to add the fibre

meoman

I had heard good things about Birgitta Höglund but unsure if she has a site with most of her recipes?

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Just rang morrisons up in newcastle about livlife bread they are not selling it at the moment

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i bought mine from Reigate Surrey you would think they sell the same stuff everywhere, although newcastle is practically iceland i suppose :lol:

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suppose I am hoping for too much then if not in Newcastle they won't have it in their store in Gibraltar we were driving over from Spain tomorrow so will have a look.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
perhaps they are trial selling it to see how it goes, hopefully they will sell lots and itll be more wide spread, it gives me hope in general with the "half the Carbs" plastered on it that maybe they are thinking about this being worth producing

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad it's in Morrison's, I'll have to go down and take a look.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from morrisons in Gibraltar and no luck with the Livlife bread had to settle for Bergen soya and linseed so disappointed !!!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
connie104 said:
Just back from morrisons in Gibraltar and no luck with the Livlife bread had to settle for Bergen soya and linseed so disappointed !!!
Same situ in Heywood (GtrMcr) & Bacup (Lancs) today :( :( :(

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I bought it in Morissons today. Im in London so it might be easier. it cost £1.33 :D (in Waitrose 1.99)

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
That's great news ewelina, I have no Waitrose near to me so can't wait for Morrison's to stock it, thanks for the tip

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i had 4 slices for lunch, i know i know well i had a ham toasted sandwich and enjoyed it too much so had another one with cheese, 2 hours later i was at 4.0 didnt test before but thats still pretty amazing for 4 slices of bread huh