Low Carb High Fat?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your point is the way @Guzzler expresses himself on the subject? if you have concerns, the report button is a thing.
No reason for any reporting. I just hope that people will make up their own minds about seed oils and not be swayed by the fact that @Guzzler refers to them as "industrial sludge" at every opportunity.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No reason for any reporting. I just hope that people will make up their own minds about seed oils and not be swayed by the fact that @Guzzler refers to them as "industrial sludge" at every opportunity.

I think they are industrial sludge too and would avoid them at every opportunity. Why have them when there's butter and goose fat in the world?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they are industrial sludge too and would avoid them at every opportunity. Why have them when there's butter and goose fat in the world?
My argument is not about the relative merits of various fats but the use of prejudicial descriptions. If I continually referred to butter as "mechanically modified extract from artificially inseminated cows cruelly separated from their offspring" it would hardly help a balanced discussion of the health benefits.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Your objection has been noted. I need not sway peoples' opinions I try to advise that they do their own research and reach their own conclusions which is what I did, hence my use of the term.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My argument is not about the relative merits of various fats but the use of prejudicial descriptions. If I continually referred to butter as "mechanically modified extract from artificially inseminated cows cruelly separated from their offspring" it would hardly help a balanced discussion of the health benefits.
be a b*gger to type all the time as well...

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It has always amazed me, the power a video found on the internet has over peoples thoughts and ideas.

The more it gets shared, the stronger that power to influence appears to grow.

I’m doing a power point presentation later today. If I can get someone to video it and wack it up on YouTube I can change the world

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that we would all agree that that the fats to avoid are the manufactured, chemically altered sludge that is cooking oil (seed oils
A bit of a sweeping statement to say we all agree people make their own minds up about it

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose you do have the scientific qualifications and proof to state that seed oils are industrial sludge...I think not it is just your opinion which is fine but do not try to influence others on what you think

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A bit of a sweeping statement to say we all agree people make their own minds up about it

Perhaps. Should I have said 'Those who have researched....'?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose you do have the scientific qualifications and proof to state that seed oils are industrial sludge...I think not it is just your opinion which is fine but do not try to influence others on what you think

If you read what I wrote.....
I "think" so yes it is my opinion. Which is worth as much or as little as yours.
We all try and influence others all the time, it is part of the human condition, and is why you are here "telling me off" for what I wrote without fully reading it.
The forum is a place where opinions are disseminated all of the time.
Very few of us are qualified in the specific field of diabetes but most of us have experience of it and speak from that experience. You are anti saturated fat and voice this opinion often. Are you qualified to do so? Probably not.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you read what I wrote.....
I "think" so yes it is my opinion. Which is worth as much or as little as yours.
We all try and influence others all the time, it is part of the human condition, and is why you are here "telling me off" for what I wrote without fully reading it.
The forum is a place where opinions are disseminated all of the time.
Very few of us are qualified in the specific field of diabetes but most of us have experience of it and speak from that experience. You are anti saturated fat and voice this opinion often. Are you qualified to do so? Probably not.
No I am not anti saturated fat I just don't eat much of it myself simply because I do not like it which I usually say but I do not think that others should not eat it. I do what others here do including you that when newbies join we tell them how we personally eat then it is their choice what they do and that may well include using seed oils
Wouldn't it just be enough to say you do not like or use seed oils in your diet not call it "industrial sludge" thousands of people in the world use seed oils

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
why not? You would be expressing your view of butter, as you see it. It has no bearing on the nutritional input of butter, but on your view of how it is made. I think I am right in saying that we are free to express our opinions of various things providing we are polite?

PS Butter isnt modified in its nutritional content, only in turning the milk fat into a solid. Whereas rapeseed and the ilk are nutritionally modified.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
stating an opinion is not influence. It is stating an opinion.

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe it is the use of the word "sludge" that some find objectionable, after all, it isn`t actually accurate is it?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People that are dairy intolerant ( quite a high % of people), people who choose not to eat things that involve animals being killed? People who do not have milk on religious grounds?

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I am pleased this question came up as I have been trying to really get a grip on low carb.Can I ask I use clover it has no carbohydrates in so is that ok to use as some say block butter is best, also should I take chicken skin off and is Rapseed oil ok to use for cooking.Just trying to get things right.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am pleased this question came up as I have been trying to really get a grip on low carb.Can I ask I use clover it has no carbohydrates in so is that ok to use as some say block butter is best, also should I take chicken skin off and is Rapseed oil ok to use for cooking.Just trying to get things right.
from a type 2 diet control perspective, focussing solely on your diabetes, I would say yes.

However, I prefer food in its natural state, so use butter and cold pressed virgin olive oil, no seed oils. I use the chicken skin and fat to make up the calories I lose by reducing my carbs.