Low-carb ketchup?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any other suitable alternatives?

I still find bacon and eggs could do with ketchup after 5 months doing Keto. I've been feeling deprived!

yep, do agree, it needs sauce...LoL

Not tried as yet, simply using heinz reduced sugars ketchup 12 carbs per 100g (regular is 23 carbs per 100g)

BUT chap on my desmond course, T2D and just over cancer, raved about stokes...but i've nor tried it myself

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are a few sugar-free options out there, including this one, which my local ASDA stock. I tried it, and it's not exactly like Heinz, but it's not entirely vile either. I have also made my own in the past.

To be honest, my view on thses things is that it depends how much you're going to have at any given time. 100gr of ketchup is quite a lot of sauce, so the carb count may not be too dire, depending.

Reactions: jjraak

annie07

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just use Heinz No Added Sugar ketchup. 5.7g carbs per 100g and I only ever have a tablespoon at most which still caps in at under 1g carb.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes have a spurt of ordinary HP sauce. Because the amount is very small it has no effect, but is enough to enjoy my sausage that bit more. :)

Reactions: lovinglife

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes have a spurt of ordinary HP sauce. Because the amount is very small it has no effect, but is enough to enjoy my sausage that bit more. :)
Mmmm! Sausages and HP sauce, I was wondering what to have for lunch.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all. I'm going to try Heinz No Added Sugar ketchup. The Stokes one is packed with sugar!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
More sugar in my Mebeverine tablet which I have to take three times a day. So a bit ketchup doesn't worry me but without fast food it's a condiment I can leave for the kids.
Veg and ketchup may be worth investigating soon though. Getting sick of Chinese 5 seasoning or oxo cube.

I might try sprouts and ketchup?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I have Encona hot pepper sauce if I add an off the shelf condiment. If you have never had this just try a little as this is like chili, so for someone like me who grew up on this it is mild, for others it might be like vindaloo. I also enjoy Hellmans mustard with steak.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Encona hot pepper sauce if I add an off the shelf condiment. If you have never had this just try a little as this is like chili, so for someone like me who grew up on this it is mild, for others it might be like vindaloo. I also enjoy Hellmans mustard with steak.
Have you tried the extra hot Encona sauce, I like the normal but the extra hot is just dangerous!