Low carb program

Lmcfood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
On the site it says that the Liw carb program is free, but when I sign it it ask for £29. Payment, so it isn’t free?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
On the site it says that the Liw carb program is free, but when I sign it it ask for £29. Payment, so it isn’t free?

LMC - Do you have the weblink to where it states it's free? As others have mentioned, it became a subscription service recently, so that wording should really be amended.

If you can point out where you found it, I will raise it on your behalf.

Lmcfood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is the text on the page headed Controlling your diabetes.
Low-carbohydrate diets have shown to be effective in people with type 2 diabetes, leading to improved blood glucose levels and reducing dependency on medication. Diabetes.co.uk's Low Carb Program, which is free to join, provides nutrition education and tracking tools to help people with type 2 diabetes reduce their HbA1c and weight.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It was free when I joined, but I didnt like it. The rate that info was released was very slow, and there is nothing you cannot find elsewhere for free. This forum ( thank you diabetes.co.uk!!)is great. And look at dietdoctor as well.
Goodluck.

Reactions: Hwad

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the text on the page headed Controlling your diabetes.
Low-carbohydrate diets have shown to be effective in people with type 2 diabetes, leading to improved blood glucose levels and reducing dependency on medication. Diabetes.co.uk's Low Carb Program, which is free to join, provides nutrition education and tracking tools to help people with type 2 diabetes reduce their HbA1c and weight.

So sorry to be a pain, but would you be able to copy the url? I can't locate that page from your quoted text.

Many thanks.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@DCUKMod http://www.diabetes.co.uk/controlling-type2-diabetes.html

Diet and controlling blood sugar levels
Making informed diet choices is one of the main ways in which we can help to control diabetes.

Blood glucose testing can be very helpful for reviewing how different foods affect blood sugar levels.

A good way to do this is to take a test before eating, and then another one or two tests after eating, at intervals of around two and four hours after a meal.

This method of blood glucose testing is known as pre- and post-prandial testing. Testing your blood sugar this way across a variety of meals can help you deduce which meals are better for your sugar levels.

You can also begin to work out what portions of a particular food type your body can tolerate without raising your sugar levels too high.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod http://www.diabetes.co.uk/controlling-type2-diabetes.html

Diet and controlling blood sugar levels
Making informed diet choices is one of the main ways in which we can help to control diabetes.

Blood glucose testing can be very helpful for reviewing how different foods affect blood sugar levels.

A good way to do this is to take a test before eating, and then another one or two tests after eating, at intervals of around two and four hours after a meal.

This method of blood glucose testing is known as pre- and post-prandial testing. Testing your blood sugar this way across a variety of meals can help you deduce which meals are better for your sugar levels.

You can also begin to work out what portions of a particular food type your body can tolerate without raising your sugar levels too high.

Brilliant, thanks!

Foxholesoak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Hi don’t know about this but I have free app simple stupid Keto, it’s helped me lose 16lbs and get my blood under control, I am going to upgrade to the paid for version but it’s under 10 pounds and let’s you use all their sites and is one off payment, but free version was ideal for first few months