1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
4 oz Brie cheese, cut into small pieces
Mushrooms:
2 tbsp butter
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
Pinch salt
Instructions

To caramelize the onions, heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium low heat. Once hot, add onions and sprinkle with salt.
Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until a caramel brown colour and soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Do not let them get crispy. Reduce heat if necessary to keep them from burning or crisping.
Keep saute pan for cooking mushrooms.
For the burgers, combine beef, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix by hand to combine well and divide into 6 even portions.
Take half of each portion and form into a thin patty. Top each thin patty with some of the brie and onions, then top with remaining half of each portion and form around cheese and onions, into one large patty.
Cook burgers on pre-heated grill about 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Cook slightly less for medium-rare and slightly more for medium-well. Meat should register at least 125°F (50°C) to 130°F (55°C) on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from grill and let sit 5 minutes.
Cook mushrooms while burgers are grilling. Add butter to saute pan and melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms and a little salt and saute until mushrooms are browned on both sides and tender.
Layer mushrooms over cooked burgers and serve.
Notes

Serves 6. Each serving has 3.3 g of carbs and .8 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 2.5 g.

Attachments

• Brie-and-Caramelized-Onion-Stuffed-Burgers-5.jpg
    Brie-and-Caramelized-Onion-Stuffed-Burgers-5.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 3,382

WhitbyJet

Hash Browns

Hash Browns

INGREDIENTS

2 cups cauliflower, grated

1/2 onion finely chopped

3/4 grated Cheddar Cheese (or mozzarella or Parmesan)

salt and white pepper

3 tblspns olive oil

METHOD

Cook the grated cauliflower in the microwave for about 3 minutes until tender and there is no water in it (or if you have some leftover cooked cauliflower rice you can omit this bit).
Add the onion, cheese and garlic powder and stir well. Season to taste.
Using your hands, form little patties.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
Place the patties in the pan and gently press down with a spatula to flatten.
Cook on each side until golden.
Eat and enjoy!
http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/ ... sh-browns/

These are lovely instead of roast potatoes, but I added an egg to help them keep their shape.
You can also add corned beef to make them into corned beef hash, with a fried egg on top and a salad on the side makes a lovely meal

dollyrocker40

Dislikes
chilli
Zucchini Chips with Smoked Paprika
Yield: 2 servings

Adapted from Vittles and Bits

Ingredients

1 medium zucchini
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Instructions

Slice zucchini crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife.
Place zucchini in layers into a colander or sieve, sprinkling with a little salt with each layer. Let drain one hour.
Preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush parchment with 1 tsp of oil.
Pat zucchini slices dry with a paper towel and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining oil and sprinkle with paprika and ground pepper.
Bake 45 minutes, then turn off oven and let chips remain inside until crispy, about 1 hour.
Notes

Serves 2. Each serving has 3.5 g of carbs and 1 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 2.5 g.

Attachments

• Zucchini-chips-5.jpg
    Zucchini-chips-5.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 3,404

dollyrocker40

Dislikes
chilli
Spinach and Feta Garlic Rolls

Dough:
2 cups carbalose flour
1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup whole milk, lukewarm (about 110F)
1/2 cup water, lukewarm (abut 110F)
1 package rapid rise yeast
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Filling:
1 12 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

Garlic Butter:
2 tbsp butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, pressed

Preheat oven to 200F for 10 minutes and then turn oven off.

In a medium bowl, stir together carbalose flour, gluten flour and salt. Set aside

In the bowl of your mixer, combine milk and water. Sprinkle yeast over and mix well. Mix in egg until combined.

With the mixer on low speed, slowly add flour mixture until combined. Dough may be quite sticky, but do not add any more flour.

With greased hands, shape dough into a smooth ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place in warm oven for 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.

Meanwhile, combine spinach, feta, marjoram, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.

Roll out dough on a lightly greased surface into a rough rectangle, 12 x 16 inches or so. Spread spinach mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border around all edges. Starting at a longer side, roll up dough tightly into a log and pinch to seal the edge.

Cut log into 16 equal portions and place on a silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet (I found the cutting to be easiest with a serrated knife and a sawing motion. The fibrous spinach did not cut well with thread). Put back into warm oven and let rise until doubled, about 20 to 30 more minutes.

Remove from oven and increase heat to 375F. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic and brush over the top of each roll. Once oven is preheated, bake rolls 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Serves 16. Each roll has a total of 8.2 g of carbs and 3.6 g of fiber, so net carbs equals 4.6 g.

Attachments

• 0254.jpg
    0254.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3,394

dollyrocker40

Dislikes
chilli
Blueberry Coconut Waffles

¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
2 tbsp granulated erythritol (or sugar)
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup milk or almond milk
¾ cup frozen blueberries
Coconut oil for the waffle iron

1. Preheat waffle iron. Preheat oven to 200F and place a metal cooling rack over a large baking sheet.

2. In large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, shredded coconut, erythritol, baking powder and salt. Stir in eggs, melted coconut oil and milk. Carefully fold in blueberries.

3. Once waffle iron is hot, grease generously with coconut oil and then spoon about ¼ of the batter into the hot iron. Spread evenly over iron with back of a spoon. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.

4. Once cooked, transfer to prepared baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter.

Attachments

• Blueberry-Coconut-Waffles-2-300x249.jpg
    Blueberry-Coconut-Waffles-2-300x249.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,402

dollyrocker40

Dislikes
chilli
no cooking just make and eat yummy

Avocado Lime Cheesecake

Crust

Use the crust from the original recipe or choose any of your liking (this time I used a date nut crust).
Press into a multiple mini cheesecake pans or into a 6" or 8" springform pan (all depends how thick you want it).

Filling

2 medium/large avocados
6 tablespoons agave or honey
1/2 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
6 drops stevia
5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
4 tablespoons melted coconut butter
lime zest, to taste

Blend the avocados, agave, lime, vanilla, and stevia until smooth and creamy.
Add the oil, butter, and some zest. Blend to incorporate. Add more zest if needed.
Pour over the crust.
Allow to firm in the fridge for at least 8 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,369

Fallenstar

DollyRocker

Those Avocado Cheese Cakes look absolutely delicious. I will be making those this weekend. Such lovely ingredients too.

Thank you

WhitbyJet

Lime and coconut mousse

1 packet Jelly crystals, sugar-free lime
¾ cup Water, boiling
1¼ cups Coconut cream
3 Eggs, whites
6 Strawberries, sliced
½ cup Pineapple, diced
¼ cup Blueberries

Dissolve jelly crystals into boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved, then stir in the lite coconut cream.
Set over ice and stir with a spatula for several minutes until quite cold, but not quite setting. Discard the ice.
Whisk egg whites to a near firm peak and fold into the setting lime jelly mixture.
Spoon about half a cup of lime jelly into four glasses, then refrigerate to completely set.
When ready to serve, mix the fruit together and top each mousse with a heaped spoonful.
Cook's tip: This recipe also works well with other sugar-free jelly flavours like orange, lemon or blueberry.

http://foodhub.co.nz/recipe/283/Lime-an ... ut-mousse/

WhitbyJet

Chicken in green curry with lime and bok choy

Chicken in green curry with lime and bok choy

For 4 people

1 stalk lemon grass - the white tender part, finely chopped

Juice and zest of 2 limes

1 can coconut milk

rapeseed oil or coconut oil

1/2 - 1 red chili, deseeded - minced

2 red peppers

approx. 30 grams of fresh ginger - peeled and finely chopped / grated

4 lime leaves

1 tablespoon green currypaste

4-6 bok choy

6 chicken portions

2 cloves garlic - minced

Heat oil, brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Add lemon grass, chili, ginger, lime leaves, garlic and curry paste to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes, stirring all the time, be careful not to burn the spice mixture or else you will end up with a very bitter sauce.
Add the coconut milk and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 40 - 45 minutes until chicken is done. Season with lime juice and finely grated lime peel.

Cut the peppers into slices, cut the pak choy lengthways into halves, add vegetables to the pan and simmer until bok choy has wilted and warmed through.

**If you cannot get hold of bok choy you can use Chinese leaf cabbage or spinach instead.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... g-bok.html

dazeoke@

Hi peeps my first post I badly need to lose weight and reduce my sugars need help maxed out on tablets don't want the insulin help pls daz

WhitbyJet

Wonderful breakfast rolls

Wonderful breakfast rolls, these are truly amazing, use as sandwich rolls for your packed lunches, bacon sandwich in the mornings, eat with soups.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
150ml whipping cream
300ml almond flour
2 tbsp finely ground psyllium husks
50ml ground flaxseeds
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
0.5 to 1 pinch bread spice (I used ground coriander)
Sesame seeds (for topping)

Heat oven to 175 degress
Beat eggs until foamy, add in the whipping cream, add all dry ingredients, mix well.
Leave the batter to thicken for a few minutes, if its too runny add a little more psyllium husks.
Using a spoon place in little mounds on a lined and greased baking tray, shape into rolls and sprinkle with sesame seed or poppy seed is nice as well.
Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.

Best stored in a freezerbag in the fridge if you dont eat them all in one go.
Photos:
http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=1683

mart47

I had to pop to Sainsburys at lunchtime today, and came across a tin of Baxters Luxury Soup - Beef Consume. It only has 2g of carbs for the whole tin!! :D. So, tonight I made up some almond flour pancakes and had the whole tim to myself!! It's a thin soup, but made with sherry and has a really good flavour. So, if anyone wants to try a quick meal.....

sassywriter43

Hi, in need of some advice, been to the doctors following some blood tests a few weeks ago. Been told I cannot have any dairy products at all, no wheat, no gluten, no nuts and no eggs what so ever as I have an allergy to them, but am following a low carbohydrate diet to control my diabetes, what can I use to substitute the eggs in some of these lovely recipes please.

Goats products is out of the question as well, as when tried I ended up in hospital.

WhitbyJet

sassywriter43 said:
Hi, in need of some advice, been to the doctors following some blood tests a few weeks ago. Been told I cannot have any dairy products at all, no wheat, no gluten, no nuts and no eggs what so ever as I have an allergy to them, but am following a low carbohydrate diet to control my diabetes, what can I use to substitute the eggs in some of these lovely recipes please.

Goats products is out of the question as well, as when tried I ended up in hospital.

Goodness, life must be awkward for you, I am so sorry.
Have been racking my braincells (the few that I have) on how I can possibly try to help you, so here goes:

Egg substitutes:
Allergy Care Vegan Whole egg replacer by Lifestyle Healthcare Ltd www.gfdiet.com buy from Goodness Direct - http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-loc ... _200g.html

Orgran No Egg (Egg Replacer) - info >> www.orgran.com available from health food shops and Goodness Direct http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-loc ... eggs_.html

And these two are available on prescription (I think):
Loprofin Egg White Replacer or Loprofin Low Protein Egg Replacer
Ener-G Egg Replacer made by General Dietary Ltd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you ok with soya and coconut products, am thinking of soya milk and cream, etc, also can you eat vegan 'cheeses', although you cant really cook with them as they dont melt very well, but still they are ok grated and sprinkled over dishes, eg I had some not so long ago = shirataki noodles, with home made (nutfree) pesto and grated cheese.

Plenty of meat and veggie recipes will be suitable, low carb baking is a problem, flour is high carb, since you cannot have any of the nut flours, hmmmm what about coconut flour, some buckwheat or soy flour?

sassywriter43

Thank you Whitby Jet. I shall investigate these links further. I haven't tried Soya yet. I was getting used to life without dairy at all, and hubby just needs to try it for me with cooking, as he cooks all my food separately. A really big thank you though.

MikeAndreson

It is always been great to read such thread. The recipes with herbal remedies and containing low fats and sugar. This is one of the best thing what I always looks to maintaining good health.