Low carb

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a foodie, no sandwich? no problem. lots of salads, chick peas, tofu, plain yogurt with berries, coffee, cheeses, vegetables.

Some people are creative and bake their own bread, but there are low carb option in some supermarkets.

If you like eggs and chicken, then you can add bacon and sausages

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you all eat instead of a sandwich
Whatever I would have put inside the sandwich without the bread.
So ham wrapped in cheese or cheese wrapped in ham or lettuce wrapped egg mayo.. Edit to add that one probably wouldn't work the other way round!

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Mainly meats, dairy, eggs, green vegetables and salads, nuts, avocado, berries, yoghurt.

Reactions: TheAndyC

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I occasionally make 90 second bread, with ground almonds and a little milled flaxseed - great split, toasted and filled with cheese or bacon.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I occasionally have a low carb sandwich. Low carb bread with ham or cheese. But no more than two slices a day.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

set-in-stone

I've just been at a meeting in work with lunch provided (sandwiches of course)

People think I'm weird when I remove the insides and chuck the bread in the bin, but it works for me :wideyed:

I’m with you on that one. My new job involves a fair amount of lunches and breakfast with pastries. I do the same. And get raised brows.
Sometimes I give up altogether and just go OMAD. Then I feel smug as I watch them load up:happy:

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
At some fast food places and better restaurants I can get a beef burger without the bun, It comes wrapped in lettuce and I don't miss the bread. Being English I was used to eating burgers with a knife and fork and get funny looks in Canada. Now I can eat with k & f with no worries.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Visiting my son in Germany.Found protein bread with 14% carbohydrates.
The Herman Brot low carb bread I eat has 5 grams carbs in two slices...

ODWe0wK.png

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I dissect a lettuce take the middle leaves whole, put in coleslaw, then meat or fish, or a boiled egg - sometimes some mozzarella cheese, tuck it nose to tail, then put another leaf over the top for extra security - much better than a sandwich.