Low sugar all day long....but really hi at dinner time

Ali2003io

Hi, sorry to bother i'm just struggling with keeping under control my glicemie; i'm 14 weeks pregnant, the doctors and everyone else been quite nice and tried to help me a lot... Today i had a really Funny day been low all day long betwen 2.3 to 3.6 but suddly at dinner time i was alredy hi to 15 which i do find it strange; does any of you have the same problem?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could just be a random high if it's just one day. Can you think of anything you did differently or ate differently?

Silly question, but you did remember to inject for your lunch, right? (It's easy to forget an injection sometimes, especially if your mind is busy)

Did you correct the high blood sugar? If you're not sure about correcting highs, ask your nurse, as its really useful especially in pregnancy.

My other thought is, did you count your carbs correctly for lunch? Did you do a test two hours after your lunch? If you did, what was the result?

Ali2003io

Hi, thank you For reply,Yes, i do count correct as i must test every 1h after meal and 1 was 3.6 after lunch and i had a small banana( like 15gr of carbs) without humalog just to make sure i m not going any lower. After that just had a nice walk in the park with my dog and later i was just shocked to check my sugar and been up to 15

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, thank you For reply,Yes, i do count correct as i must test every 1h after meal and 1 was 3.6 after lunch and i had a small banana( like 15gr of carbs) without humalog just to make sure i m not going any lower. After that just had a nice walk in the park with my dog and later i was just shocked to check my sugar and been up to 15

It could be that your blood sugar dipped low but was then rising when you had the banana so it was too much carbs and put you higher. Or perhaps the exercise caused you to go high? Some people find that.

If it was a one-off event, I wouldn't worry, but if you keep on having highs at that time, then you might need to look at your imsulin regime.

Ali2003io

Thank you so much; i'll keep an eye on it; till now was hi the 4:00am reading and morning one; now i m happy with those...hope it was just yestarday ... Take care

Reactions: 2 people

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My bloods have been odd too. I have had to drop my over night Basel down to 80% and am still waking up low. As soon as I'm up it shoots up like this morning. I woke @ 3.5 had lucazade measured out so not over done then 20 mins later I was 7.9 so stopped TBR and corrected. Don't seem to need to drop Basel during the day although have had some lows and some His which take a few hours to come down.