Status
Not open for further replies.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Zand there are 3 pages to view on your link all about Robbie so called last day on earth K

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the unhappy task of informing you all that the members robbieswan and mrsrobbieswan have been removed from the forum, with immediate effect.

It became necessary to investigate concerns raised by members and those concerns could not be adequately satisfied. For the safety of all forum members and the site, this regrettable action has become necessary. The appropriate authorities will be informed of these actions.

If individual members have personal concerns relating to or as a result of these actions, please email [email protected], explaining your concerns.

I think many of us will have had our faith in human nature dented by this.

I'm starting a fund to help all those affected.

Anyone interested please PM me and I'll give you my Paypal details for donations.

Reactions: BunsenHoneydew

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone been on here long enough to remember a member called Kman? Same type of emotional fishing went on there and the similarities between that member back then and this latest tale of woe always raised my doubts.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think many of us will have had our faith in human nature dented by this.

I'm starting a fund to help all those affected.

Anyone interested please PM me and I'll give you my Paypal details for donations.
Can't see the funny side of something like this? K

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone been on here long enough to remember a member called Kman? Same type of emotional fishing went on there and the similarities between that member back then and this latest tale of woe always raised my doubts.

As in it might be the same person?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The moderators often get flack on the forum, sometimes justified, sometimes not.
In this instance regarding this very difficult situation I think they all deserve a " well done ".
They have acted to protect the forum and us, its members.
Thank you to all the mods.
I also suspect that others may have provided information and concerns to assist the moderators regarding this whole affair, if anyone out there did raise concerns, a big well done to you as well.
As for the "Robbies"......... they were the masters of their own downfall.

Last edited:

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone been on here long enough to remember a member called Kman?
Yes, I remember him and recalled it when all this started. If it sounds like a soap opera, with cliff hangers and a big one before christmas, it probably is fiction.
Sally

Reactions: Simon84

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The moderators often get flack on the forum, sometimes justified, sometimes not.
In this instance regarding this very difficult situation I think they all deserve a " well done ".
They have acted to protect the forum and us, its members.
Thank you to all the mods.
I also suspect that others may have provided information and concerns to assist the moderators regarding this whole affair, if anyone out there did raise concerns, a big well done to you as well.
As for the "Robbies"......... they were the masters of your own downfall.
Well done to everyone I heartily agree! K

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I shall not let them destroy my trust in people. I had no idea of their duplicity. Though as a general principal I do not make on line donations of that nature.

So sad. :(

And yes thanks to the moderators for dealing with it. Well done.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done mods and all those who raised concerns

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
If anyone is feeling a bit silly or that they were taken in, don't. Remember that loads of other people, including many who will never post here, will have read your responses. If you have given genuine, good advice it will have benefitted others and the sympathy shown will have made the forum seem a welcoming and friendly place. Just think of the fraudsters as interviewers, putting questions for wider benefit.
Sally

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite sad on a couple of levels.
Took me in...
Mods Rock.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You can only stretch the limits of belief so far.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never engaged as I suspected almost from the beginning- I feel a bit bad that I didn't raise my suspicions with the mods/DCUK team but everyone seemed so engaged with them I will admit I didn't want to get ripped to shreds - I used to be on a crafting community forum and we had a girl who conned quite lot of us, even had some members who lived near her accompanying her to hospital for her "cancer treatment" she was found out albeit to the expense of some members (including me) who gave their time and money to help her. She came back numerous times under different guises but was always spotted before any damage.

These people are extremely clever and worm their way into those with good hearts and kind natures, my experience certainly made me very wary of sharing too much and I certainly keep people at arms length online. It leaves us feeling vulnerable and slightly jaded along with a sadness - for those feeling silly/daft/etc - don't be - all it proves is that YOU have a great big heart with a genuine soul willing to help - you make a hundred of these vile scum xx

Reactions: Guzzler

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
What in particular grieves me is that just a few short weeks before all this our family had lost my grandsons fathers mother due to vascular dementia directly linked by her doctors to her uncontrolled T2 so it is particularly painful for me.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't post on here very often but I do catch up with the forum most nights and I must say I'm totally shocked by this tonight! I really don't get it. I'm another one who was taken in by it all. Although any posts I recall Mrs R insisted she didn't want any money. In fact she was going to donate payment from BBC to charity if I remember correctly? I can't figure out what she has gained. It's all very sick. Well done to the Mods and to everyone else who was "on the ball"

Reactions: geefull and Guzzler

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What in particular grieves me is that just a few short weeks before all this our family had lost my grandsons fathers mother due to vascular dementia directly linked by her doctors to her uncontrolled T2 so it is particularly painful for me.
So sorry for your loss - it does make things all the harder and a bit more painful (((()))

Status
Not open for further replies.