Members Robbieswan and MrsRobbieswan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/very-sad-news-of-our-friend-robbieswan.130597/ should also be removed.

Should all the threads be removed where they talk about "medical issues" that are just not normal for someone with diabetes, as the threads can still be found from google and are likely to make people think they can't control diabetes. I stopped responding to them, as their postings just did not match what I would expect, however, I assumed it was just my limited understanding.

It there a way for the "IT People" to "kick" google, so google remove cached copies of pages?

I assume they have been reported to the police.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't post on here very often but I do catch up with the forum most nights and I must say I'm totally shocked by this tonight! I really don't get it. I'm another one who was taken in by it all. Although any posts I recall Mrs R insisted she didn't want any money. In fact she was going to donate payment from BBC to charity if I remember correctly? I can't figure out what she has gained. It's all very sick. Well done to the Mods and to everyone else who was "on the ball"
It's the attention- I suppose it's an illness of sorts, or they are playing the long game - no I don't need money, please give to charity etc etc - a few months in "oh if you insist- it will help with travel expenses to see sick daughter" etc etc

D

Deleted member 308541

Excellent work on weeding out this alleged scammer DKUK staff,

Something did not ring true with the pair's thread postings to me.

Billy7764

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was totally taken in, can't believe people would do something like this. Far to trusting. I feel a bit foolish now.

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was totally taken in, can't believe people would do something like this. Far to trusting. I feel a bit foolish now.

Don't feel foolish,trolls can be very convincing as I imagine they spend hundreds of hours perfecting their so called 'Art'...The only thing your guilty of is having a heart which ain't a crime! :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was taken in by the original robbieswan posts but as time went on it was a case of "if it seems to be too bad to be true it probably isn't".

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Don't feel foolish. Better to have a heart and give people the benefit of the doubt than to be cynical. I was totally, 100% taken in by it and I don't feel foolish at all.

The real challenge is trying to learn from it without becoming a cynical miserable human being!

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Like many others, I was completely taken in by it all, and now also feel a bit silly - but mainly feel hurt at the wholly cynical attitude of some people. I wasn't suspicious at all until money started to be mentioned right at the end.

Trying to take some positive from the situation, I think we can all take something useful from what we have learnt. I have never had experience of anything like this before; closest has been dodgy phone calls, but as I always put the phone down right smartly, it doesn't get beyond the dubious intros.

A few people here have explained their previous experiences, which caused them to hesitate, and re-think, what was being said. That is a valuable lesson that I shall take from all this - to analyse what is being said/is going on, and question whether there is the full ring of truth about it all - or not. And to take great care -

Reactions: AdamJames

Jo123

I actually reported him right at the beginning of November and didn't engage from that date.
Two reasons, firstly I've been conned by a client at work, our team gave lots of time and money to this woman who was supposed to be dying of cancer, fortunately she wasn't and when it came to it she didn't take the money and it was donated to charity. But it created a lot of ill feeling at the time. When money got mentioned quite early on it sent warning signals.
Secondly having been in hospital recently and been transferred from an NHS to private hospital, the logistics of how he ended up in a private hospital as an emergency were totally incorrect.
I have been feeling a horrible person for being so suspicious but ultimately I am thrilled to have been proved correct rather than someone having died.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was another gullible one :( Taken in hook, line and sinker. I still don’t really understand what he/she/they wanted to achieve by the apparent deceit?

Reactions: xfieldok

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do know that a certain individual who is obsessed with this site does boast on their own site that they have in the past assumed identities on here. I am not a member of the other site neither do I post on it.

Regarding Mr and Mrs R, I did see through the image of purported daughter's appendectomy.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We all have our views and feelings about what might or might not have happened, but can we just keep the speculation in check, ladies and gents, please.

Reactions: mytype1.life

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do know that a certain individual who is obsessed with this site does boast on their own site that they have in the past assumed identities on here. I am not a member of the other site neither do I post on it.

Regarding Mr and Mrs R, I did see through the image of purported daughter's appendectomy.
This is the sort of activity that needs to be reported, @Ambersilva . How else can we action it otherwise?
The report button or a PM to mods, or an email to [email protected] is what we need. We cannot act on speculation.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been saying to my OH for weeks that they were trolls. The stories got more and more ridiculous. Such a shame when this is a helpful forum with so many considerate members.

Reactions: Guzzler

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I think many of us will have had our faith in human nature dented by this.

I'm starting a fund to help all those affected.

Anyone interested please PM me and I'll give you my Paypal details for donations.
Why would you need money? That's ringing a warning alarm for me. Maybe I'm cynical because I worked for Justice, but isn't this post about someone banned because they're scamming people on this site?

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Why would you need money? That's ringing a warning alarm for me. Maybe I'm cynical because I worked for Justice, but isn't this post about someone banned because they're scamming people on this site?
Sorry, I thought you were serious (I saw no indication it was a joke)

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sure Adam said it in jest to be fair

Status
Not open for further replies.