Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Because of this post :-

freddy2 said:
then there are anti lchf members who like to wind up others and because some of the mods agree, the two I'm thinking of get a free run.
dy2,

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel there is one current mod who is excellent at all times and fair too.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because of this post :-

freddy2 said:
then there are anti lchf members who like to wind up others and because some of the mods agree, the two I'm thinking of get a free run.
dy2,
@Robinredbreast so you feel that these thoughts should just be hidden away, aired in prviate? Surely this thread doesn't need sanitising too?

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are moderators who are on here quite a lot and do a good job and are 'on the ball' meaning pro active, some are here less frequent. Yes it can feel like a thankless task at times.
The whole point of being a moderator, is too moderate, but also to be there, visible if a problem arises or a niggly question that needs answering. It's unpaid and if moderation takes up too much of a person valuable time, then resign as a mod, it's as simple as that.
Also, I believe all moderators should be visible when online, as I know not all are, they do need to be seen.

I agree with your post, but why did you quote mine? It is not relevent to what you said.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think this thread is an excellent example of why the moderators are doing a good, necessary job.
Within a few posts it's become a lchf issue.
There are other ways apart from lchf, they moderate equally on these threads as well.

I am not a low carber! However, this post is not helping the conversation and is inflammatory. Please post with some constructive criticism and not trying to inflate an already tense thread.

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I agree with your post, but why did you quote mine? It is not relevent to what you said.
@Robinredbreast so you feel that these thoughts should just be hidden away, aired in prviate? Surely this thread doesn't need sanitising too?

Not thought's Zand, it's naming and shaming in full view that could bring the forum down, any beef's, pm the member/poster involved or admin.

As you know, personal attacks are not acceptable, maybe @Administrator could comment in this ?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not a low carber! However, this post is not helping the conversation and is inflammatory. Please post with some constructive criticism and not trying to inflate an already tense thread.

I didn't see any post where you mentioned low carb.
I thought it was a discussion on moderation, if I don't feel they need criticising, I'm quite happy to say so.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That is great so tell them that, but no need for digs at LCHF as it is a detractor and your message gets lost. I personally have never had any run ins with moderators (I must be a goody two shoes - where does that saying come from) so have no beef to make. My only interaction has been to report spam to them which is very swiftly cleared away. That in on its own must be almost a full time job.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think the moderation on this forum is excellent. Very moderate indeed. My only criticism is that the apps are much less user friendly than the website so people who enter the site through the apps may mot easily learn the 'rules' or those little techniques that can reduce tension and conflict, like the ignore button. Also, you can't see people's signatures, where people give info about diagnosis etc.
But the moderation is good. And I'm not biased. I got banned from a thread early on because I didn't know the rules, and it was right.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I am not talking about sanitising at all, we should roughly know what the rules and regulations are, with some common sense and manners too ( difficult at times though ):rolleyes:. May be someone will post the name or names that in their thoughts and then we sit back and watch.....................

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not talking about sanitising at all, we should roughly know what the rules and regulations are, with some common sense and manners too ( difficult at times though ):rolleyes:. May be someone will post the name or names that in their thoughts and then we sit back and watch.....................

Maybe we should start a competition to see who is first to guess them all? No prizes, because it isn't difficult.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Maybe we should start a competition to see who is first to guess them all? No prizes, because it isn't difficult.

Nah, can't be bothered, I'm making a nice cup of tea right now. But you could go ahead and start a thread :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not thought's Zand, it's naming and shaming in full view that could bring the forum down, any beef's, pm the member/poster involved or admin.

As you know, personal attacks are not acceptable, maybe @Administrator could comment in this ?
No one has mentioned any names, but it's interesting that you think you know who anyone else is talking about! Maybe if you think you are recognising people there's some truth in it then, eh? And I can't PM the member, they don't accept PMs, I have tried this before.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So in a push to keep the peace can we stay away from personal witch hunts and discuss moderation and @Osidge original post about criticism of the moderation.

@Robinredbreast very wise mine is a black darjeeling please ;)

OK I am off to play x-rebirth as I feel like I stirred up a hornets nest.

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No one has mentioned any names, but it's interesting that you think you know who anyone else is talking about! Maybe if you think you are recognising people there's some truth in it then, eh? And I can't PM the member, they don't accept PMs, I have tried this before.

Even if I did, I wouldn't say zand. If a member doesn't accept pm's and you are concerned about a post or member, report to Admin/Moderating team, I think that would probably be the best route.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So in a push to keep the peace can we stay away from personal witch hunts and discuss moderation and @Osidge original post about criticism of the moderation.

Oh, so you don't like hornets then huh? ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

You will have to get your own, my tea is precious ;):joyful: enjoy x-rebirth, whatever that is.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You will have to get your own, my tea is precious ;):joyful: enjoy x-rebirth, whatever that is.
A space trading and building game. I have bags and bags of first flush darjeeling and it cost me a fortune (~£10/100g)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A space trading and building game. I have bags and bags of first flush darjeeling and it cost me a fortune (~£10/100g)

I will try a cup next time Andrew............ I wont derail the thread asking about the 'game' tut tut, but enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.