Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Ooh hello @Jenniewren1958 and thanks @Bluetit1802

I'm not seeing many T1s stepping up yet, so would accept nomination and see how the vote goes.

Keep in mind that I have never seen the point in language moderation and that I eat more carbs than many...
I wholeheartedly agree with @Jenniewren1958 and @Bluetit1802 . I have enjoyed your responses in many threads, particularly as you are able to wrap serious messages up with great humour. I would therefore like to offer my nomination, even though I could vote for several other deserving people.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Thank you so much for your nomination, @eggs11. I really don't have words to let you know how much I appreciate this. Also, thanks to @Goonergal and @Guzzler. This is so sweet of you.

Unfortunately, I have to decline due to a very demanding day job (and unfortunately often also late evening job). I am afraid I wouldn't be able to do justice to a moderator's job. (Ask me again when I retire from my job in about 13 years -- if they don't up the retirement age again.)

I would like to emphasize, though, how much I am awed by the forum and the job the moderators do to make this the comfortable, safe, supportive and helpful place for diabetics, this forum is. I really am grateful that such a place exists.

Edited to add a missing word.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: ickihun and eggs11

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Reactions: ickihun
D

Deleted member 308541

bumpity-bump-bump-bumpity-bump-bump-look-at-this-post-go-bumpity-bump-bump-bumpity-bump-bump-on-fron.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll leave the thread open for a further 24 hours, then nominations will close.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys.

It’s that time of year again, when we are due to hold a round of Mod Elections.

In line with the forum protocols, Moderators serve a period of two years, after which time they are eligible for a re-election for a further two year term, before taking a break.

This year, that means that Andcol, himtoo. JuicyJ and Urbanracer are eligible for re-election, as is Tim2000s, however Tim has elected not to re-stand.

Andcol, himtoo, JuicyJ and Urbanracer are therefore automatically re-nominated, by the Admin Team, who would like to extend their thanks to all of the Mod Team for their efforts over the last year.

Current Mods not requiring re-election are: Brunneria , Pipp , Jaylee , Enclave*

This thread will act as a collection point for new Mod nominations. If you would like to self-nominate, feel free to do so, or if you would like to nominate someone else, that’s also great.

We would like to bring Mod numbers up to around 12, with a mix of diabetes types.

Our proposed timelines are as follows:

Nominations : Open now, and will close on Thursday 12th April

Voting: To open Monday 16 April, and close on Friday 27th April, with the successful candidates announced shortly thereafter.

Please do not use this thread to vote. A new thread will be published for that once nominations have closed, however, this post will be regularly updated to add the nomination, for easy visibility.

Good luck everyone!

DCUKMod, on behalf of the Admin Team.

The current nominees (minus those who have declined are listed below. This list sill be updated regularly. If there is anyone on the list below who does want to stand, please let me, or any current Mod know

So far we have:

@therower has declined nomination
@Rachox
@Robbity
@catapillar
@donnellysdogs has declined nomination
@NicoleC1971
@Indy51 has declined nomination
@Goonergal has declined nomination
@shelley262 has declined nomination
@Mike D
@helensaramay has declined nomination
@Bluetit1802 has declined nomination
@bulkbiker has declined nomination
@Guzzler has declined nomination
@Diakat
@wiflib
@Scott-C has declined nomination
@ziggy_w has declined nomination
@Grant_Vicat

Edit List update 22:50 Thursday 12th April

*Enclave has decided to retire.
I think I'm going to have to decline too, as i'm having personal issues at the moment, so can't give the forum my full attention, and I know it's not a part time job.

Robbity
PS And all those I would have nominated appear also to have already declined :(

Status
Not open for further replies.