Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Mississippi 1991 :eek: Could have sworn that was around in the late 70's/early 80's, was it re-released?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Thing with Cohen he is first and foremost a poet ... a mystical early sixties beat poet.
A very deep and interesting poet.
He could also play guitar so someone persuaded him to put his poetry to music and the voice though not a singing voice added to the dark mystery of his words.
He puts pain wonder mystery imprisonment release tragedy religion sex and politics into the mix ... hardly any boy meets girl boy loses girl stuff from this guy.
I've been listening to him for forty five years and he just keeps on going!
He's another Dylan come Rolling Stone ... a history of sex and drugs and rock n roll and general debauchery but ... still rocking even with a bus pass.
Lot of people never got him ... lot of people don't like his stuff but that's ok ... we can't all like the same stuff.
I can't stand boy bands and girl bands!!!!!!
Not a great lover of pop full stop.
Never liked Elvis never liked Queen and they were obviously very good at what they did but if it doesn't flick that switch then it just doesn't.

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Speaking of music...

Feedback would be appreciated, encouraged, nurtured and finally put in a warm blanket to rest.
That was very good for a no edit one run take!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Mississippi 1991 :eek: Could have sworn that was around in the late 70's/early 80's, was it re-released?

Hiya noblehead, they first released it in 1975. (heck how time passes) :wideyed:

This one was recorded in 1991

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love a cover version when done well.
This is one of those IMO.
Metallica covering Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Tuesday's gone".

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Speaking of music...

Feedback would be appreciated, encouraged, nurtured and finally put in a warm blanket to rest.
Here's a wee tune by me.
I know it's probably not your kind of thing but I reckon you could sing over one my noise creations really well.
Video editing ... my next computing challenge.
The one here is very mediocre but I have a lot of practising to do ... a lot to learn.
Like the music making!
I will make a good vid within a month I reckon ....good as in edited to fit what's going on with the rhythm and
beat etc.

Without the video ..... http://www.reverbnation.com/jackbis61yearsold

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
........Jack, how can you say its mediocre, its so good, am so envious as would love to do stuff like this but wouldn't have a clue where to start...love the psychedelia!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
........Jack, how can you say its mediocre, its so good, am so envious as would love to do stuff like this but wouldn't have a clue where to start...love the psychedelia!
The music stuff I've done for yonks and really enjoy engineering it all in my headphones but the video stuff!
Hard work with not a lot going on for long periods and all I've done s to steal images and stuff off youtube and slice it up here and a bit.
The real talent is getting it to go with the music I think.
Mine starts off on chaos street goes into psychedelic mode then ends up in the second world war!
Lazy can't be bothered putting the effort in that is to me.
I made the tune weeks ago and it ended with that huge explosion so I had to find a video clip with an explosion in to match my sound effects ... sorry the people of Hiroshima for being so flippant!
I am determined to get it right though.
And thankyou for your kind comments.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Speaking of music...

You come across in a good relaxed professional manner, good for you. What a talent you have.
Keep at it, you're heading for a brilliant future, remember though, keep your feet firmly on the ground
at all times and you won't go wrong.

Best wishes to you.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Yes it is a music vid .... parental guidance advised.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
V-e-r-y clever and v-e-r-y funny, JACKTHELAD.

10 + 10 4 U for posting that one in. lol :playful:

:joyful:

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I liked BoneyM, nice and upbeat. Traaa-Laaa-Laaa-Laaa-Laaa

Brown Girl In The Ring (blimey 1978!!!!)

Good job they weren't a white group singing that one. :rolleyes: :joyful:

:)
weewillie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good band Boney M and they had some great hits.

Last night I sat-up and watched the History of the Eagles, watched it countless times now but never tire of watching it as they are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Reactions: 3 people