Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great song @noblehead - brings back lots of memories:)

Yes it does, still wish they'd put their differences aside and get Don Felder back in the band, him and Joe Walsh playing the solo in Hotel California is timeless, they play so well together.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it does, still wish they'd put their differences aside and get Don Felder back in the band, him and Joe Walsh playing the solo in Hotel California is timeless, they play so well together.
um yes. I agree. That's an interesting thought, maybe we should all try to do that.....put our differences aside, eh?;):)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
um yes. I agree. That's an interesting thought, maybe we should all try to do that.....put our differences aside, eh?;):)

The world would be a better place if we did, life is too short to be falling out with people :)

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You come across in a good relaxed professional manner, good for you. What a talent you have.
Keep at it, you're heading for a brilliant future, remember though, keep your feet firmly on the ground
at all times and you won't go wrong.

Best wishes to you.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Wow, how did I miss this comment... Thank you so, so much for your kind words. They really brightened up an otherwise rather rubbish day.

Speaking of feedback - I got some rather lovely feedback and even a "like" on social media from the band in question... Days before they announced they split up and probably won't play again. What an absolute shame for modern music. Ryan's voice is a dream, especially on their later work. I'd highly recommend everyone checking out Remember The Day and Give Me Infinity by Exit Ten. Masterpieces - both angry and beautiful, mornful and joyous. Such a pleasure to listen to.

Speaking of bands that are no longer with us... Reuben (a young three peice from Surrey that really influenced my formative years) announced that for the ten year anniversary of their debut, Racecar Is Racecar Backwards, they will be re-releasing the album with a slew of additional demo tracks. Whilst give missed the pre-order, I really wanted to cover one of their more "soft" songs as a tribute to a ten year old album that hasn't aged a day.

The vocals are all off in terms of volume, but that's mainly because I don't know a darn thing about mixing and mastering. But here's another one of me yelling into a microphone.

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Here's a wee tune by me.
I know it's probably not your kind of thing but I reckon you could sing over one my noise creations really well.
Video editing ... my next computing challenge.
The one here is very mediocre but I have a lot of practising to do ... a lot to learn.
Like the music making!
I will make a good vid within a month I reckon ....good as in edited to fit what's going on with the rhythm and
beat etc.

Jack, I'd love to put a little something together with you. I'd be very interested to chat and see what comes of it all.

Kathryn_Southern

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
Presently I'm listening to this track of Backstreet Boys called 'I Want It That Way' again and again (can't get the melodious tune out of my head). Other favorites are Shakira's Waka Waka, Hey Jude (The Beatles), Hound Dog (Elvis Presley) and Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry.

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My music style is changing as I'm growing up. I used to be mad into electronic music and I still am, but not as much as I used to be in my teenage years. I like this song.

Reactions: 5 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.

Kinda makes me want to be twenty something again. :playful:

uoi_zpsc368e865.gif

C

chris lowe

Logged on computer at 830 this morning to get on Royal Albert Hall website to get tickets for Eric Clapton in May next year. Tells me I'm 5,239 in the queue. Waited 20 mins numbers going down fairly quickly, finally get onto site and guess what? Yep all four dates sold out. No doubt the bloodsucking parasites that are ticket touts will be offering tickets at inflated prices.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Logged on computer at 830 this morning to get on Royal Albert Hall website to get tickets for Eric Clapton in May next year. Tells me I'm 5,239 in the queue. Waited 20 mins numbers going down fairly quickly, finally get onto site and guess what? Yep all four dates sold out. No doubt the bloodsucking parasites that are ticket touts will be offering tickets at inflated prices.

:(:mad: :eek:

Reactions: 5 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.

Despite the "98" version being a crystal clear recording, I think the "77" version is a tad better.
Mind you, the "77" version's 23 years older, and like a fine bottle of wine it's been
maturing in the barrel over many years for all the devoted connoisseurs among their fans. :playful:

Either way, it's a great song if you like their music.

weewillie
fdf.gif

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Top 3 FAVE bands in the whole world for me is: 1. Led Zeppelin
2. Pink Floyd
3. The Who

Good one

As far as bands go, for me it's

Moody Blues
Springsteen / E street

Love the moodies and have for near 50 years

No third cos there aren't any :)

dia21

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am from India, but i love to listen English Music. My most favorite Foreign singer are as follows

1. Justin Timberlake
2. Lady Gaga
3.Enrique Iglesias

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
I know I am getting on a bit, but I could watch Ricky Martin forever.
Also Plan B. She Said
Cee-lo Green
Train

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I saw Bryan Ferry on BBC 2 on Jules Holland the other night. Sang a new song, he was dressed in a blue suit, looking very dapper indeed and finished the show with Virginia Plain. I thoroughly enjoyed it, not knowing he was on and it brought back so many wonderful teenage memories in the 1970's with Roxy Music, as a then boyfriend gave me the LP, I was so chuffed .:singing: :D

RRB