My low(er) carb journey as a veggie

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
Really sorry to hear this Enclave :( I hope you reconsider

Just wanted to say good by .. I am leaving this site as soon as the admin remove me.
I will rejoin when they open an area for vegetarians
Thanks for all your support
Enclave

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
Just today, I've found a new project for myself - I'm going to make one of those posts that contains helpfully labelled links to veggie/vegan recipes, and call it something obvious like Veggie recipe index, or Veggie low carb options (or something else, feel free to suggest way!)

I've just worked out how to do the labelled links, so it'll take a while to get everything linked, but I think it'd be worth the effort :)

Reactions: 7 people

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Once I've started the thread, drawing my attention to any recipes that should be added would be great :) I plan to work my way through the main low carb recipe thread as the basis for the list, so that should keep me occupied sometime!

That's a great idea @purplekat Let us know if you need us to do anything to help :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Once I've started the thread, drawing my attention to any recipes that should be added would be great :) I plan to work my way through the main low carb recipe thread as the basis for the list, so that should keep me occupied sometime!
I will have some time as I am off work next week. I sometimes post recipes on the "what have you eaten" thread so can look through there if you like and pick up any stragglers.

Reactions: 2 people

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thread started, however minor issue with linking. Think I know what I did wrong, so will fix later.

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorted it :) Definitely going to take a while to get all recipes linked though!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This may help.

Attachments

• 1406143291286.jpg
    1406143291286.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 345

figgywiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. They all look good. I keep charts from the Vegan Society on my wall and try to make sure I get the nutrition I need. Finding low carbing a bit difficult but am determined

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're on Facebook or Twitter consider following me (I'm nice) Vegan UP or Vegan.com
The latter 2 offer very different approaches to Vegetarianism.

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is where I'm hoping to get to - it may take me a while though! It's good to hear of others who manage it :)

I'm med free now by following a largely plant based diet.

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Week 1 of low(er) carb eating - I didn't manage to stick to my planned carb amount, lots of old habits to break. However, I did reduce my carb intake overall, so I'm viewing the week as a small success. I know exactly where I went wrong, and know what to watch out for next week (a huge one for me is making sure I am prepared in advance of meals/snack cravings).
So this week I'm going to concentrate on planning ahead, and being prepared. I'll be reading threads in the forums looking for suitable snack ideas (for example, I'm not keen on greek yogurt, so will be looking for suggestions of what to do to it to make it more interesting!)

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have not tried making a lasagne yet. The Hairy Bikers used leek instead of pasta sheets when they made a lasagne.

This is a lovely recipe for courgette spaghetti with (Parmesan free) pesto sauce. It is supposed to be raw, but I heated it in the wok for a bit.

COURGETTE SPAGHETTI WITH PESTO AND ROASTED TOMATOES (VEGAN)

http://ahouseinthehills.com/2013/09/02/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-and-roasted-tomatoes/
Thanks for sharing this recipe I'll try this later :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Great, I didn't realise it was already online somewhere :)

huggy bear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I SO need this thread :) I am veggie too. Need to loose about 1 stone ..abdominal fat not good and have been trying to reduce carbs = REALLY hard. I love love love bread!!
I keep reading books etc but just get confused and don't do anything :oops:
More advice please.
find out how many Carbs are in your bread you love, plus salt etc may be anything from 15 g per slice up to 58 g for bagels and other type bread products, I totally excluded bread and bread product from my diet other then birthday, Easter and Christmas, I too loved bread, but after regularly eating and testing my blood, I realized bread does not love. I also gave up white rice, pasta and potatoes, now all three are treats, in one year I lost 47 pounds, I replaced those carbs with lots of salads, fruit, green vegetable cauliflower, quorn, fish, quinoa.I would advice you to try reducing carbs to 120 g per day, 40 g breakfast, 40 g lunch and 20 g for dinner plus 20 g for snacks and use the internet to find the grams for all the food you eat, yes I reduced my calories as well as reducing my carbs and it is restrictive, but like other I gone from taking massive doses of drugs, with high sugar, high blood pressure etc to all my reading good and stable two years later.