Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Recently i've produced a leaflet for t2 diabetics who would like to try the lchf woe to help control bs, or for anyone who would like to just lose a few lbs. No requirement to be diabetic! In conjunction with my GP surgery who have been amazing I must say. It's almost finished and ready for me to see if I can peddle up and down the country (I dream big).! It already has the thumbs up in 4 surgeries and not gone to print yet. I'm very happy. I'm just not happy with the last page which is the list of low carb foods. Can anyone suggest a good list that might include carb amounts per item? All lists on Google seem to be americanised! The one currently on page 4 is! Whilst at Real Food Rocks I met the wonderful Dr Unwin who gave me his blessing to include any or all of his 7 infographs (can only fit 1 so went for common foods). What a lovely man he is and doing great work for diabetes/diabetics.

Many thanks
Deb

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic work @Debandez .

Like your style... Go smash it out of the park.

Can't help on the food front but will certainly now be keeping an eye out for suitable listing as I go

Best of luck.
Here's to that Phil n Holly moment ..

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Recently i've produced a leaflet for t2 diabetics who would like to try the lchf woe to help control bs, or for anyone who would like to just lose a few lbs. No requirement to be diabetic! In conjunction with my GP surgery who have been amazing I must say. It's almost finished and ready for me to see if I can peddle up and down the country (I dream big).! It already has the thumbs up in 4 surgeries and not gone to print yet. I'm very happy. I'm just not happy with the last page which is the list of low carb foods. Can anyone suggest a good list that might include carb amounts per item? All lists on Google seem to be americanised! The one currently on page 4 is! Whilst at Real Food Rocks I met the wonderful Dr Unwin who gave me his blessing to include any or all of his 7 infographs (can only fit 1 so went for common foods). What a lovely man he is and doing great work for diabetes/diabetics.

Many thanks
Deb
Hi, I'm very new to all this so have been looking round the web recently and haven't found anything that works for me. The most useful resource appears to be "Carbs and Cals" the book and app people, they have a website (www.carbsandcals.com) with a link to free pdfs, you have to register so I haven't checked these out :). I might be worth contacting them directly to see if they will provide a basic subset in return for acknowledgement, although that starts to drift into "sponsoring" and I don't know how you feel about that?

Amazing inspiring work by the way.

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When do you need it doing by? I’d be happy to look at this later today. Did think about suggesting to you when proofing but didn’t know how much time you had.
I could do a shopping list type page that could also be put in the recipe booklet too? Would be better to do a fresh page based on uk stuff for local work rather than using us based list. Let me know if you’d like me to look at it ...M

Reactions: jjraak

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at the Public Health Collaboration and what the ambassadors are doing, they already have that info.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic work @Debandez .

Like your style... Go smash it out of the park.

Can't help on the food front but will certainly now be keeping an eye out for suitable listing as I go

Best of luck.
Here's to that Phil n Holly moment ..
I can almost smell the success! Sooooo happy. Nearly there! Every step takes us closer.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much to everyone. My surgery have amended and it looks fab. Just asked @shelley262 to have a quick look with expert eyes!!! We can still tweak it. Delete and add food. I told them I'm going to take a couple of months off work to make contact with other surgeries, just going with the flow. They have now added surgery details to the final (ish) version. Love that!!! Anyway off to Hunstanton today with FIL and hubby. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

Reactions: jjraak

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Copyright and protecting your IP might be a consideration

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much to everyone. My surgery have amended and it looks fab. Just asked @shelley262 to have a quick look with expert eyes!!! We can still tweak it. Delete and add food. I told them I'm going to take a couple of months off work to make contact with other surgeries, just going with the flow. They have now added surgery details to the final (ish) version. Love that!!! Anyway off to Hunstanton today with FIL and hubby. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again.
Just done direct with @Debandez looking good

Reactions: 1spuds

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a copy of Debs leaflet. Thanks Deb. I noted the top right has your local surgery on it which I thought was a good move.

At the moment one of our two local surgeries has given it the green light. Mrs W is away right now and has been busy with her Self Care event this week. So she is going to chase up the other surgery once back in work this coming week.

The local PPG have it down in their last meeting minutes as an actionable pursuit. It seems to have gone down well with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1spuds