Not losing weight. Advise needed please

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had considered dropping the cream and eating less fat but for me it is one of the best features of my low carb high fat diet. I drink full fat milk too.
I agree with you 100%
I've been known to drink cream :D

M

Member496333

I agree with you 100%
I've been known to drink cream :D

Too right. With cocoa sprinkles.

You can easily fit a thousand calories of cream into a glass. Not something I make a habit of doing, but I’m not shy. If I’m caught hungry or think that I will be, and I’m short of time in which to prepare a meal, half a glass of double cream and it’s job done.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Too right. With cocoa sprinkles.

You can easily fit a thousand calories of cream into a glass. Not something I make a habit of doing, but I’m not shy. If I’m caught hungry or think that I will be, and I’m short of time in which to prepare a meal, half a glass of double cream and it’s job done.
I'll bare that in mind! :hungry:;)

TrevorJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your weight hasn't changed in months then you have reached homeostasis with your diet. You will have to modify it a little more to see more results either by cutting calories and carbs or exercising more. I have found that skipping meals will actually freak my body out and my blood sugar will rise. Really research what has carbs in it. When I cut out most carbs (you still need to enjoy some things) I lost 20kilos in 3 months and have been holding it ever since.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
If your weight hasn't changed in months then you have reached homeostasis with your diet. You will have to modify it a little more to see more results either by cutting calories and carbs or exercising more. I have found that skipping meals will actually freak my body out and my blood sugar will rise. Really research what has carbs in it. When I cut out most carbs (you still need to enjoy some things) I lost 20kilos in 3 months and have been holding it ever since.
This is a fine point right here, I found that alternate day fasting helps much more. Going from OMAD some days to 16:8 most days on a LCHF diet really has been the instrument for getting me into the 16 stone category and still losing.

Also mighty great loss there Trevor! Well done!

Reactions: Goonergal

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s a huge reduction from your diagnosis, and you should be happy. Rome wasn’t built in a day. It took me almost two years to get my diabetes under control.

I’m always cautious around the topic of losing weight, on these boards. Mostly because I don’t believe that weight loss should be the goal. Being overweight, in and of itself, isn’t even unhealthy. In my opinion, you should focus on lowering circulating insulin levels through intermittent fasting. This will very much aid your body in overcoming metabolic dysfunction. Weight loss will follow, but of far greater importance for now is the fat in your liver and pancreas.
Totally agree with this. The most recent talks that I have been watching do say that sorting out your insulin resistance/fatty liver are more important, and that many people don't actually lose much weight on low carb or keto. I'm in a very similar position myself but I am far more concerned about the health and function of my liver than my weight. I want to be healthy and make it into my 60s at least!

Reactions: Goonergal

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I'm on day 5 of intermittent fasting 18/6 and my fbg has been in the 5s, other readings in the 5s before food sometimes in the 6s after food. Feeling quite happy with that for now. Ive also lost 1lb, not a lot but its something so feeling happy all round.
Thanks for the advice :) onwards and downwards

Last edited:

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Well, I'm on day 5 of intermittent fasting 18/6 and my fbg has been in the 5s, other readings in the 5s before food sometimes in the 6s after food. Feeling quite happy with that for now. Ive also lost 1lb, not a lot but its something so feeling happy all round.
Thanks for the advice :) onwards and downwards
Hi Starfish, Losing 1lb in 5 days after having plateaued is great, but you BG numbers are really great compared with where you were just a short time ago.
Way to go !

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Ill try what you suggested and cut out my desserts and see if that helps I'll also try intermittent fasting. Ill try skipping breakfast as I did try this before but started eating breakfast again to combat the liver dump. Ill probably try skipping breakfast first for a few days before cutting out desserts so I can see which one works. It might be that I have to do both
Thank you for your response
Some of us, including me, have to go carefully on our fat intake, even with low carbing, or we put on weight or stay the same.